Celebrity Deaths 2018

Lroy

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Joachim Ronneberg, the Norwegian resistance fighter who sabotaged Nazi Germany's nuclear weapons ambitions during World War Two, has died aged 99.

In 1943, he led a top-secret raid on a heavily-guarded plant in Norway's southern region of Telemark.

The operation was immortalised in the 1965 Hollywood film Heroes of Telemark, starring Kirk Douglas.

Ronneberg later worked as a radio journalist and helped raise awareness of the dangers of war among the young.

He told the BBC in 2013 that he only realised the importance of the mission after atomic bombs were dropped on Japan's Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

"He is one of our great heroes," Norway's Prime Minister Erna Solberg told NTB news agency. "Ronneberg is probably the last of the best known resistance fighters to pass away."

RIP

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t watch these blockbuster films either - I was persuaded to see Bohemian Rhapsody recently and I’ve been in restaurants which had less food in them.

Why do some people equate watching a film with consuming a bucketful of popcorn and a jerrycan of Coke? 

So I’m with Pelesboots. I tried watching Deadpool and some Robert Downey Jr thing on TV but I thought they were s**te. I’d never heard of Stan Lee either.

Fortunately I can see the kind of films I want well away from the local multiplex.

Which is good - it would be boring if we all liked the same things. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I don’t watch these blockbuster films either - I was persuaded to see Bohemian Rhapsody recently and I’ve been in restaurants which had less food in them.

So I’m with Pelesboots. I think I tried watching Deadpool and some Robert Downey Jr thing on TV but I thought they were s**te. I’d never heard of Stan Lee either.

Fortunately I can see the kind of films I want well away from the local multiplex.

Which is good - it would be boring if we all liked the same things. 

:D  I certainly don't live in a wardrobe Bob, I just don't have any interest in these type of films. 

Anyway back to the main topic.

Edited by Pelesboots

11 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Or been to the cinema in the past 10years with the likes of dead pool, the avengers, Ironman, Spider-Man, Thor, Gaurdians of the galaxy, etc.!

Dead Pool aside, if it was not for having kids I'd not have seen any of those listed.  As it is I've now seen most of the obvious ones and been working back through them in order.  I do fairly enjoy them but if I had free reign of my own telly then they would not be first choice however after years of Peppa Pig and the likes they are a vast improvement.

The reason I knew who Stan Lee was originally... Mallrats.  What a film.

51 minutes ago, Merk said:

Dead Pool aside, if it was not for having kids I'd not have seen any of those listed.  As it is I've now seen most of the obvious ones and been working back through them in order.  I do fairly enjoy them but if I had free reign of my own telly then they would not be first choice however after years of Peppa Pig and the likes they are a vast improvement.

The reason I knew who Stan Lee was originally... Mallrats.  What a film.

Clerks was my favourite out the two, but obviously without stan lee. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, skyhigh said:

This isn't really a 'celebrity death' thread anymore.  Random journalists and Ayr players? o.O

Skyhigh’s got a point. 

Most of us would never have named some of these people in the original “celebrity prediction” thread; David Meek, James “Whitey” Bulger, Johnny Graham, Douglas Rain? Who are we kidding!

It’s turned into more of an obituary column now and, personally, I enjoy reading obituaries!