Sébastien Bassong

Merk

He is a prime example of how playing at a higher level can improve a player, from his display in the cup tie at Morton which admittedly was possibly his worst day on a football pitch. Like others have said his fitness levels are a great example. I loved his reaction to the equaliser at Ibrox which would suggest he is enjoying himself here and his ultimately futile attempt to rally the players at the start of the 2nd half in LM's last game v County also showed his leadership qualities. Would be a shame to lose him. 

Just now, Fudger said:

Rangers in January, done deal apparently.....but then so was McInnes 

Ffs i hope not, Naisy was my favourite player as a boy, would hurt to see him go there... again... Those thick fans don't deserve him after all the abuse they gave him when he left

I think Naisy will certainly be heading back to Scotland.  He made it clear in an interview with BBC at the start of the season that was his plan as he still lives in Stewarton.

Norwich have stated if they don't get promoted this season (which looks very unlikely) they will need to make drastic cost cuts.  Naisy from what I'm told is their highest earner  and is on north of £40k per week as they had to match his Everton wages.  He's hardly kicked a ball this season, been injured and I can guarantee Norwich will want him off the wage bill next month.  I'm not even sure a transfer fee will change hands if he heads back to Scotland.

Naisy is 30/31 and is not short of a few bob so if he does return north he will be taking a massive pay cut but he's made his millions, probably invested it wisely and will be returning to live a family life.  He stated in his interview he would return to a club where there is an 'interesting project'.  Surely Steve Clarke and Killie fit that bill?  One wonders whether Bowie being from Stewarton might play a role in enticing Naisy back, if he knows the family well?

If we were to sign him it would be box office and guarantee a few more onto the gates.

Edited by Mojike and Bod

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Maybe we are just at the right place at the right time. Mulumbu certainly appears to have settled in pretty quickly.

BBC 20/10/17

Footballer Sebastien Bassong has been banned from driving for speeding at 110mph in his Maserati on a dual carriageway.

The 31-year-old Cameroon international admitted speeding on the A11 near Thetford, Norfolk, on 21 December.

During mitigation, Ipswich magistrates were told he is currently "unemployed" and is "living off his savings".

Bassong, who was released by Norwich City in the summer, was banned from driving for 40 days.

He was also fined £440 and told to pay court costs.

Bassong, of The Drive in Wymondham, Norfolk, had been driving at 40mph over the speed limit for about half a mile when he was stopped by police.

South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard he was caught speeding at 23:35 GMT after the mother of his children called to say she was "in a lot of pain".

She had previously had kidney stones and they were worried the problem had flared again, the court heard.

Magistrates were told Bassong "regrets his actions", accepts there is "no excuse whatsoever" for speeding and has since sold his Maserati.

Bassong made 105 league appearances for Norwich after he was signed by the club in August 2012.

The former Tottenham, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves defender was released by the Canaries at the end of last season and is currently a free agent.

Least he’s fast as fck

20 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I think Naisy will certainly be heading back to Scotland.  He made it clear in an interview with BBC at the start of the season that was his plan as he still lives in Stewarton.

Norwich have stated if they don't get promoted this season (which looks very unlikely) they will need to make drastic cost cuts.  Naisy from what I'm told is their highest earner  and is on north of £40k per week as they had to match his Everton wages.  He's hardly kicked a ball this season, been injured and I can guarantee Norwich will want him off the wage bill next month.  I'm not even sure a transfer fee will change hands if he heads back to Scotland.

Naisy is 30/31 and is not short of a few bob so if he does return north he will be taking a massive pay cut but he's made his millions, probably invested it wisely and will be returning to live a family life.  He stated in his interview he would return to a club where there is an 'interesting project'.  Surely Steve Clarke and Killie fit that bill?  One wonders whether Bowie being from Stewarton might play a role in enticing Naisy back, if he knows the family well?

If we were to sign him it would be box office and guarantee a few more onto the gates.

Doubt he'd come to Killie if Rangers were on offer. That was all he really talked about in a BBC interview a few months ago. 'Rangers are a great club. I like Killie but Rangers is the team I always wanted to play for, favourite game was when Rangers beat us 5-0 at Rugby Park to win title, yadda yadda'