Sébastien Bassong

Merk

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Maybe we are just at the right place at the right time. Mulumbu certainly appears to have settled in pretty quickly.

BBC 20/10/17

Footballer Sebastien Bassong has been banned from driving for speeding at 110mph in his Maserati on a dual carriageway.

The 31-year-old Cameroon international admitted speeding on the A11 near Thetford, Norfolk, on 21 December.

During mitigation, Ipswich magistrates were told he is currently "unemployed" and is "living off his savings".

Bassong, who was released by Norwich City in the summer, was banned from driving for 40 days.

He was also fined £440 and told to pay court costs.

Bassong, of The Drive in Wymondham, Norfolk, had been driving at 40mph over the speed limit for about half a mile when he was stopped by police.

South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard he was caught speeding at 23:35 GMT after the mother of his children called to say she was "in a lot of pain".

She had previously had kidney stones and they were worried the problem had flared again, the court heard.

Magistrates were told Bassong "regrets his actions", accepts there is "no excuse whatsoever" for speeding and has since sold his Maserati.

Bassong made 105 league appearances for Norwich after he was signed by the club in August 2012.

The former Tottenham, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves defender was released by the Canaries at the end of last season and is currently a free agent.

Could bring some business to a certain Killie fan. Eh @Merk?

4 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Doubt he'd come to Killie if Rangers were on offer. That was all he really talked about in a BBC interview a few months ago. 'Rangers are a great club. I like Killie but Rangers is the team I always wanted to play for, favourite game was when Rangers beat us 5-0 at Rugby Park to win title, yadda yadda' 

Sadly this is too true.

I would have Naisy back in a heartbeat. But if Rangers are sniffing about, and even though he's made his millions, there's no doubt who he would rather play for unfortunately. We can only hope that the fickle Rangers fans kick up as much of a fuss at him potentially going back to them as they did when he left, and we might be in with a shout! 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Sevco fans are desperate to get him back. They feel it would be further indication they have returned to where they were to bring back a prodigal son who left when they went down. 

Don't know about that, any rangers fan i know hate hate him still

Edited by Trojan76

6 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I think Naisy will certainly be heading back to Scotland.  He made it clear in an interview with BBC at the start of the season that was his plan as he still lives in Stewarton.

He lives near Chester I think as one of his mates was working on his house last year.

28 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

He lives near Chester I think as one of his mates was working on his house last year.

18 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I’m sure he also has a house in Stewarton 

1 minute ago, theboyjohnston said:

Thought he bought a house at Rowallan Golf Course?

Probably all true....

52 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

He was absolutely slaughtered by the majority after he left.

Which is why I find it hard to believe he’d go back. Some of the stuff I saw when he left was horrific as was the abuse directed at McGregor and Whitaker. Whitaker was getting a fair bit last night as well.

44 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Don't know about that, any rangers fan i know hate hate him still

No doubt there are but fans I know seem desperate to get him back. No doubt he will split opinion like Boyd has on his two Killie returns. 

One potential stumbling block for sevco in their pursuit of Bassong, however, could be his wage demands, with the Daily Star reporting that he was on around £37,500 per week at Carrow Road   if this report was defo right at the time then I don't think Bassong will come to uz.thats if we are defo trying to get him.time will tell.  KTID