Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

12 hours ago, Zorro said:

I’m a bit confused as to why you keep commenting if you think only the named professions are qualified to comment. Anyway I hope you’re right about Hamilton, even though you won’t be in a position to judge whether it’s a good performance or not. 

We’d still be stuck with Locke or McCulloch if we didn’t moan. Moaning is what football fans do. You can stick realistic expectations and top flight safety up your arse. We should always look for improvement and should never rest on our laurels. 

According to your mate, we win collectively so I’d assume unless he’s a total hypocrite we lose collectively too. So when we were struggling down the bottom of the league, that was as much MacDonalds fault as anyone’s. A lot of those players were moved on, it’s time Jamie joined them. 

Collectively as a team, however, whilst some of the team have been punted it may well be that although a team/collective effort etc maybe some players put in that wee bit more effort!

Anyway, you're not a fan of his so whatever we say won't change your mind!

If he was to go who would you like to see replace him? 

Edited by Charlie
spelling!

Interesting to see how he recovers tonight. I’m expecting he will play. He made some blunders on Saturday but ultimately it didn’t cost us. It’s probably the most I remember him making in a game. Difference on Saturday there was nothing to counteract it. He’s always had his saves and shot stopping to breed confidence. Not his fault but there was none of that on Saturday due to how well he played. So I wonder if this confidence has taken a hit. 

I liked that his distribution was much quicker on Saturday. Not any more accurate than usual, but it gave rangers less time to organise and the chaos benefited us. 

One of our major collective faults, in recent years has been how long our keeper held onto the ball before punting it aimlessly downfield. It made the task of attacking much harder. 

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

If he was to go who would you like to see replace him? 

How about Scott Bain? Better shot stopper, commands his area, good distribution, ongoing disciplinary problems at Dens could mean he’s available and ready for a fresh start. 

Edited by Zorro

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

How about Scott Bain? Better shot stopper, commands his area, good distribution, ongoing disciplinary problems at Dens could mean he’s available and ready for a fresh start. 

A good keeper yes, what's the disciplinary all about? Not sure that he's a better shot stopper though - that is one of Jamies better attributes. Whilst Jamie is here and happy to be staying I think there are more important areas of the team to be looking at  strengthening

Bain IMO is a future Scotland 1st choice. I’d say he is the outstanding keeper in the league when on form. He’s been linked with Hearts and Hibs in the last week or so. Celtic were sniffing around towards this time last year as well when Gordon was being linked with a move away. I’m not 100% sure what the disciplinary issue is but it seems an issue between him and McCann rather than the club. 

I think we will find out soon enough where MacDonalds future lies. He is first choice at the moment but his contract is running out. Does Clarke want to keep him? It all well and good picking him now but does he want a different type of keeper. Has Jamie hinted whether he'd stay. Speculation has dogged his time here since Locke left. This is his chance if he wants to go. He will be free to talk to other clubs soon if he’s not already. 

15 minutes ago, Charlie said:

A good keeper yes, what's the disciplinary all about? Not sure that he's a better shot stopper though - that is one of Jamies better attributes. Whilst Jamie is here and happy to be staying I think there are more important areas of the team to be looking at  strengthening

Most neutral commentators would disagree with your appraisal of Bain’s shot stopping ability. But I do agree MacDonalds main attribute is his reactions at shots. 

I believe Bain had an argument with McCann after a defeat and was fined two weeks wages. Bain refused to pay and enlisted the PFA to support him. He was left out of the first team, forced to sit on the bench with the development squad and hasn’t featured since the end of October. There’s also rumours of off-field issues; drinking, gambling etc. The usual stuff that comes up when fans turn on a player. Even if he came with baggage, Steve Clarke could be the man to tame him. 

I also agree other areas of the team should be prioritised at the moment. I said that earlier in this topic. 

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

Is  this the replacement for Jamie Mac I was thinking it would have to be a combination of a cross between a Buffon, Schemichel.De Gea,Goram or Woodman to make you happy.

48 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Is  this the replacement for Jamie Mac I was thinking it would have to be a combination of a cross between a Buffon, Schemichel.De Gea,Goram or Woodman to make you happy.

According to you we already have this superhuman keeper. I’m only looking for someone competent. 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Nope, I don’t agree. I think it’s perfectly normal for football fans to discuss their team, how it can be improved, players performances etc. What’s not normal is attempts to close down all discussion, don’t you think

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

Nope, I don’t agree. I think it’s perfectly normal for football fans to discuss their team, how it can be improved, players performances etc. What’s not normal is attempts to close down all discussion, don’t you think?

You are obviously always going to disagree with what I think in regards to Jamie MacDonald in particular and I respect your opinion but at present I am happy with him until Steve Clarke decides to replace him. As I have stated before I do not have the professional advantage that maybe some other posters on this forum may have in relation to assessing player performances but I can only express my layman's opinion. I do agree we should all have the opportunity to give our own views and for the record I like Rory ,I hope JJ stays,I think GG will leave and Scott Boyd should be given an extended run,I hope Boydie and Brophy continue to flourish as a partnership ,I disagree with all the Greg Taylor dissenters and I fully agree that the forum should be left open for further discussion ! 

1 hour ago, livvy said:

Well it tells you that McDonald has the third best record in the league at keeping out 1v1 situations. Looks pretty self explanatory.

Does it? Does it tell you the criteria to make it a one on one? Does it tell you the angles of these one on ones? Does it tell you if it was against a striker or a more defensive type player? Does it tell you if the keepers had to dive or if the ball was hit straight at them?

Without that information the chart is worthless. It can equally show we have the third best defence at shepherding attackers into areas they can’t score from.