Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Does it? Does it tell you the criteria to make it a one on one? Does it tell you the angles of these one on ones? Does it tell you if it was against a striker or a more defensive type player? Does it tell you if the keepers had to dive or if the ball was hit straight at them?

Without that information the chart is worthless. It can equally show we have the third best defence at shepherding attackers into areas they can’t score from. 

Or in Steven smiths case shepherding them into areas where they get a late penalty to score from thereby making Jamie macs stats look worse as I've said before though it probably helps if you have professional knowledge to base your opinions on obviously that makes us laymen at a disadvantage don't you think??

13 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Cammy Bell cant take the number 1 shirt off Macdonald as it is, SC been with us long enough to decide who is the better keeper.

Perhaps he gave the current incumbent a fair shot and he hasn’t f**ked up to deserve being dropped.  It’s not as if we have de tea on the bench!

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Does it? Does it tell you the criteria to make it a one on one? Does it tell you the angles of these one on ones? Does it tell you if it was against a striker or a more defensive type player? Does it tell you if the keepers had to dive or if the ball was hit straight at them?

Without that information the chart is worthless. It can equally show we have the third best defence at shepherding attackers into areas they can’t score from. 

Yes, I would agree the chart is fairly meaningless - just like the fact you regularly trot out about Woodman having more shut outs than Macdonald being evidence that he is a better keeper.

You say you want facts but what you really mean is only when it suits you. 

When people have to resort to personal insults, because they can’t construct a solid argument, to back their assertions, you know you’re in the right. 

Its unfortunate that the forum has sunk to this level as some insecure individuals seek the approval of the herd. 

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

In your opinion obviously. Thank f@#k nobody at the club agrees with you thou xD

Ask yourself, if MacDonald is such a key player, where’s his new contact? Where are the suitours from bigger clubs with transfer offers? Why isn’t anyone worried about him signing a precontract with one of our rivals?

Edited by Zorro

4 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Ask yourself, if MacDonald is such a key player, where’s his new contact? Where are the suitours from bigger clubs with transfer offers? Why isn’t anyone worried about him signing a precontract with one of our rivals?

How do you know contract negotiations with Jamie MacDonald or any other of our players haven't started?

How do you know whether or not any other clubs have made enquiries for any of our players? Apart from the rumours surrounding JJ, and at the moment rumours are all they are.

Maybe he will sign a pre contract with another club. It's no secret he's from the east side of the country and his family still live there,  like Gary Dicker s family are still in England. 

If Jamie does go he does with my best wishes because the amount of points he has gained us with his performances over his time with us is something we should be grateful for.

Your anti MacDonald obsession has wore thin and it's plain to see you're in a very small minority.

Give it up and move on. 

32 minutes ago, Zorro said:

So, by your reasoning, Dicker & Kiltie must be of a similar standard a player as MacDonald, in your eyes, as they haven't been offered new deals or have bigger clubs suitoring them.

I've yet to read a "worried" post concerning any Killie player leaving, be it to another rival or not, so your post holds no water.

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

When people have to resort to personal insults, because they can’t construct a solid argument, to back their assertions, you know you’re in the right. 

Its unfortunate that the forum has sunk to this level as some insecure individuals seek the approval of the herd. 

When people ignore the point being put to them you know you're in the right. 

You pointed out many variables in 1 to 1 situations which affect the final outcome and which mean such statistics should be treated with care. 

However, the number of variables over a whole game will be significantly more yet that doesn't prevent you from saying that as Woodman had more shut outs he is a better goalkeeper when in fact it does nothing of the sort. 

Incidentally, pointing out that fact isn't a personal insult. I've insulted you personally, and enjoyed doing so, in other posts but certainly not in that one. 

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

Why would any of us be party to any of the above? Surely this would all be private between the player,the club and any other third party?? Are you seriously suggesting that the majority of us posting on this subject must be wrong because we disagree with your opinion? You have previously accused me of making this personal and by the looks of things you are now saying the same of other posters! I have said I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it surely that is what debate is about? You have already stated previously that you think Jamie MacDonald is not competent so I think we have now reached a stage to ask one of the administrators to conduct a survey amongst us to see who thinks Jamie MacDonald has been a competent or incompetent goalkeeper for our club!!

3 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

I've not read all this but jamie McDonald is a very good keeper

You’re a very good judge of players and have an incredibly even temperament......oh wait. I meant the other thing. What’s the complete opposite of these things?

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

So, by your reasoning, Dicker & Kiltie must be of a similar standard a player as MacDonald, in your eyes, as they haven't been offered new deals or have bigger clubs suitoring them.

I've yet to read a "worried" post concerning any Killie player leaving, be it to another rival or not, so your post holds no water.

MacDonald is the only untouchable in our squad. You can criticise literally anyone else in the squad and nobody would bat an eyelid. Say you think we can do better than MacDonald and all hell breaks loose. You’d think signing him up would be a priority, instead any coach who’s worked with him tried to replace him  

ps don’t go on the JJ thread., The “JJ better  ‘no’ leave for rangers” posts

2 hours ago, historyman said:

When people ignore the point being put to them you know you're in the right. 

You pointed out many variables in 1 to 1 situations which affect the final outcome and which mean such statistics should be treated with care. 

However, the number of variables over a whole game will be significantly more yet that doesn't prevent you from saying that as Woodman had more shut outs he is a better goalkeeper when in fact it does nothing of the sort. 

Incidentally, pointing out that fact isn't a personal insult. I've insulted you personally, and enjoyed doing so, in other posts but certainly not in that one. 

I didn’t ignore your point, I found it lacked substance, asked for some clarification and when none was forthcoming, moved on. Unfortunately for the rest of your argument, I’ve given numerous opinions and examples of poor keeping from MacDonald, and praise when due ( I’m thinking match winning save away to hearts), and not just “Woodman had more shut outs”.

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

If Kilmarnock rid Bell and MacDonald than Kilmarnock try bring back Woodman and try sign Bain or Fox to class keeper saves

Great call Craig. Im glad someone is taking improving the team seriously. 

52 minutes ago, GeeM19 said:

A few of us having some short memories, outstanding against Motherwell and ultimately won us the game with a MOTM performance. Few slips against rangers but were not punished. Onwards and upwards with Jamie Mac in our goal! 

A few of us thought the Motherwell saves were pretty routine and that it had been a below par performance by most of the team. He’s made better saves in other matches this season and bigger clangers than he did against rangers. This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to one match. 

58 minutes ago, Zorro said:

He’s good enough for Scottish championship clubs. But don’t delude yourself that half a dozen fanboys on a website equates to the vast majority of Killie fans. There were many more than that questioning his ability at the rangers game. 

Sorry to disappoint you old chap but that sort of termination to describe fellow Killie fans could get you a red card!