Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

I’ve given numerous opinions and examples of poor keeping from MacDonald, and praise when due ( I’m thinking match winning save away to hearts), and not just “Woodman had more shut outs”.

Great call Craig. Im glad someone is taking improving the team seriously. 

When others provide their opinions you ask them to provide facts. When they provide facts you then ignore them or discredit them. Meanwhile you offer opinions. Clearly the only opinion that matters to you is your own. 

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

When others provide their opinions you ask them to provide facts. When they provide facts you then ignore them or discredit them. Meanwhile you offer opinions. Clearly the only opinion that matters to you is your own. 

Perhaps if you had valid opinions based on actual facts rather than this happyclappy, Jamie is pure dead brilliant nonsense, I’d take you more seriously. For whatever reason you’re unable to see his many weaknesses and I’m no longer interested in your attention seeking behaviour. We both know it’s all about the likes for you. I’m sure this latest nothing post will gain you some more. 

I asked you what you felt your chart showed, you replied it was meaningless. For me, our discussion ended there. 

15 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

He may be good at one on ones but I read a similar stat the other month that shots per goal, he was far and away the worst keeper in the league.

Not sure if this is still the case

To me, it's a meaningless argument when we're now playing superbly after a low confidence start to the season!

I'd concentrate on getting a defence that snuffs out all shots on goal - rather than singling out the keeper.  The GK is good enough. If McDonald wasn't at the absolute top of his game, a cup winning keeper like Bell would have started at least one game.

I know that there is a new statistic being used within OPTA for expected goals and a newer one being trialled which is for expected assists

I would love to know how Jamie stands up to the chances that teams are expected to create and to score due to this new data being collected and assessed.

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Perhaps if you had valid opinions based on actual facts rather than this happyclappy, Jamie is pure dead brilliant nonsense, I’d take you more seriously. For whatever reason you’re unable to see his many weaknesses and I’m no longer interested in your attention seeking behaviour. We both know it’s all about the likes for you. I’m sure this latest nothing post will gain you some more. 

I asked you what you felt your chart showed, you replied it was meaningless. For me, our discussion ended there. 

Give it a rest and change the record please.

36 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yet another opinion and a extremely foolish, uninformed and unsubstantiated one at that. 

One thing we can agree on is that our 'discussion' ends here. 

I disagree. Our discussion ended pages ago. You’re just here for the likes now. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Here’s hoping Jamie justifies everyone’s faith in him today. 

And every other player selected to play for us today as well!

22 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I disagree. Our discussion ended pages ago. You’re just here for the likes now. 

I'm afraid I cannot remember the source but recall an interesting quote that comes to mind after reading this thread. "What purpose does tolerance serve toward others if you are convinced  that you are right whilst those who disagree with you are wrong? That isn't tolerance but condescension."

Just for the record, I would take the view that stats are a useful factual tool. However, I am always wary of their interpretation.

Come on lads, stop this pish.

Jamie is nowhere near the best goalie we've had, but equally, he's been solid and dependable over the past few years, as well as being the only thing stopping absolute hammerings when we were crap all over the park.

I like Jamie and would be comfortable for him to continue as our number 1.for now.

Whats the point in the childish tit for tat that's going on here?

He's the best goalie we've got so get behind him FFS!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Come on lads, stop this pish.

Jamie is nowhere near the best goalie we've had, but equally, he's been solid and dependable over the past few years, as well as being the only thing stopping absolute hammerings when we were crap all over the park.

I like Jamie and would be comfortable for him to continue as our number 1.for now.

Whats the point in the childish tit for tat that's going on here?

He's the best goalie we've got so get behind him FFS!!!!!!!!!!! 

OK, hands up.

Two howlers in a row........time for the other guy to get his chance.

I’ve been critical of MacDonald but now isn’t the time to simply hand Bell the jersey. What mistakes in the last couple of games have done is highlight weaknesses in MacDonalds game. We have three weeks until our next match and it should be a level playing field for all keepers in training. No more Jamie’s got the jersey and doesn’t deserve to lose it. The spot is up for grabs for MacDonald, Bell, Dev or any keeper Clarke decides to bring in.

All keeper make mistakes and cost their team goals, thats never been the issue for me. Today’s equaliser happened because MacDonald doesn’t command his area. Teams know they can put the ball in our six yard box and it will cause panic. Today the goal was the result of him flapping at a ball, on another day it could be a glanced header from the opposition striker or a ricochet of a defender. The result is the same. Teams don’t get this easy option against better keepers. They have to work harder for their goals. Surely that’s what we all want? Teams having to work really hard to score against us. 

It was a poor error from MacDonald today escpecially as he wasn’t really being heavily pressured and it should have been a routine take. I’ve always thought he’s been a good keeper for us at our level. Could we do better than Jamie? Course we could but at the same time we could still have the likes of Craig Samson in goal. So until such time SC decides to replace him, he’ll have my support