Jamie Macdonald

Ktid1869

2 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

You have to commend Hibs for being able to put about 14 of their innumerable corners in with pace and coming straight in under the bar. Jamie was fouled and impeded nearly every time and it is ironic that the one time he got clear and seemed to have a routine catch he ended up handing them a goal. 

I'd go further and say that the Hibs corners were excellent. It looked as if they had identified a weakness and had done a lot of practice on the training ground. At one point they actually had two players on McDonald for one of the corners. It's certainly designed to put the wind up a keeper and instil panic which it clearly did at times. It's part and parcel of football and there are techniques to deal with it. Didn't think he was overly fouled other than the normal pushing and shoving at any corner including our own.

Although the error was monumental today, you have to concede these things happen from time to time and let it go, move on. What was really beginning to piss me of was the Hibs goalkeeper demonstrating the art of ball retention from open play and pass backs. Every time he looked to pass the ball to full back to build again from the back. Not once did Jamie even consider this and launched every pass back in the direction of Boyd and we would inevitably give possession back to the opposition. This was also noticeable last week as well. perhaps its an instruction from the manager

It was one slip in 90mins - yes it was a big one but how many times did the rest of the team pass the ball to a Hibs player - especially Power? Where is condemnation of him/them? (Not that I warrant it - just making a point!). Sh!t goal to give away but great saves to get a point! 

7 minutes ago, KP by the sea said:

.....perhaps its an instruction from the manager

It's unthinkable that there aren't any instructions about how the manager wants the goalkeeper to recycle the ball.

People criticise him for not releasing it quickly enough but what if Clarke has said he wants him to hold on to it to allow players to get upfield in support?

9 hours ago, KP by the sea said:

Not once did Jamie even consider this and launched every pass back in the direction of Boyd and we would inevitably give possession back to the opposition. This was also noticeable last week as well. 

Most likely because thats what his instructions were from the management team. Players arent just papped out on the pitch and told to make the game plan up as they go along lol.

Edited by KTIDanny85

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Cost us two points. 

There's no way of knowing that. For example if Mcdonald hadnt made that mistake, who's to say Hibs wouldn't have scored by another means and scored more than 1? Different scenarios would have resulted in different outcomes as such there is no way of knowing if we would have won. 

43 minutes ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Most likely because thats what his instructions were from the management team. Players arent just papped out on the pitch and told to make the game plan up as they go along lol.

Good managers are unlikely to ask players to do tasks they aren’t capable of either. They won’t tell Boyd to use his pace or Taylor his ariel ability. Tactics will be adjusted to suit our strengths and weaknesses. Distribution is a major weakness for MacDonald.

21 hours ago, Zorro said:

I prefer “ the test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority”. Sage advice for the herd. 

Wow. Excuse me if I find that incredible from you. You're the leader of the herd on another forum.

11 hours ago, skygod said:

It's unthinkable that there aren't any instructions about how the manager wants the goalkeeper to recycle the ball.

People criticise him for not releasing it quickly enough but what if Clarke has said he wants him to hold on to it to allow players to get upfield in support?

Bang on. On Allan johnstons first day at Killie he called a meeting with the keepers and said "i know you've played out from the back under Kenny Shiels but i just want you to kick it down the channels every time."

Yet people still abused Samson every time he did it!

Edited by red_dug

10 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

If any of us made a wee booboo like that at work we’d likely be sacked. Cost us 3 points today. 

I hope I'd not get sacked for dropping something.  

When someone replies that it's not the same, well I agree, and that's why your analogy doesn't work.  Football is a beast of its own with its own rules and culture.  Many goalies have made similar or worse mistakes and I bet you 99.9% were not sacked.

24 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Wow. Excuse me if I find that incredible from you. You're the leader of the herd on another forum.

Perhaps you’d like to quote some of my posts, that support your claim?

23 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Bang on. On Allan johnstons first day at Killie he called a meeting with the keepers and said "i know you've played out from the back under Kenny Shiels but i just want you to kick it down the channels every time."

Did he also say “....but wait until our opponents are back in their defensive formation, routinely slice your kicks so nobody cottons on to my cunning plan, and no matter what future managers might say, never deviate from this tactic”?

Edited by Zorro