Pie stalls

KillieBison

15 hours ago, Mark Robertson said:

Me neither, bring back the pie shed I say

12 hours ago, Fankle said:

And the guy with the box of macaroons as a fall back option...

I used to be the wee guy walking round the blaze track wi the pie (ammo for the boys at the segregation fence) box. Riverside pies, took feckin ages tae sleeve they feckers.

Pie sheds were held together with spilt bovril and pie grease.

Ten bob for a pie, maybe that's why I'm a fat bas:12:

Those were the days :38:

So after failing to get anything to eat at the Aberdeen game I made my way to the kiosk five minutes before half time yesterday. Appeared to be two people serving at each kiosk and about ten people from the front a lad came out and announced that there was no hot food left.  Whoever is running the kiosks (Aulds ?) is doing it on the cheap, not enough staff, not enough food, and they should lose the contract. I am not going to even bother trying to buy anything in future so the club loses money and judging by the comments of the fans standing beside me I won't be the only one. Most of the guys standing in the queue were in their twenties or thirties, the kind of age group that we want to attract and retain. Fantastic day yesterday, never seen a Kilmarnock team dominate Sevco in that manner before, but something needs to be done about the catering at Rugby Park before more people decide it isn't worth bothering about. Used to be one of the few things we got right , now it is one of the few things we are getting wrong.

The club are running the pie stalls themselves these days.

Staff in the away end had drinks and coins thrown at them and one fan in the East Stand tried to grab my son across the counter ... because they ran out of pies??

My two lads work there .. for now .. but one of them is for giving it up as the aggro is not worth it. The bars were closing because of the trouble but the hierarchy said they stayed open until sold out..... the dictator taught her well - profit before people!

Our new Director is meant to be looking at all our operations including pie stands so hopefully it will get better.  Needs better organisation to speed up the queue as well. Too much walking about behind the counter.

Pie & drink please - collect pie - walk back to counter -walk to cups- walk to water dispenser- back to counter - that will be £xxx- hand over cash - walk to till- walk back from till. 

Times 4 people per tea bar and they are all getting in each others way.  Need to get more like fast food joints with a production line. As someone said before two could be making up tea and coffee etc.  It usually that hot it takes the top off your mouth for the first 5 mins anyway and they are serving them non stop (but slowly) just now.

It’s a bit of a joke really how poor the service is. It’s winter so just about everyone is wanting a hot drink or bit of food. Early kickoff means it’s lunch time so even more chance of food. It’s great we’re selling out but if it happens regularly then you need to increase stock.

Got to front at 10 mins into halftime and there was 1 macaroni pie left. 

But at end of the day the wee lassies in the kiosk were getting dogs abuse when it’s not their fault. Each stall should have 1 experienced person overseeing.  

They should be a bit more proactive , having drinks ready etc if they waste a few it’s no a big deal. 

The organisers need looked at. 

I agree with whoever was saying about staffing... What bugs me is all the waiting to be asked the same question by two members of staff. "What would you like?"

I've been waiting 20 minutes and I've answered this already. Someone takes the order and sorts the cash transaction, then another comes and takes the order again...

Massively frustrating! No need to get abusive but someone, somewhere is in charge of this.

3 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Won’t take the club long to work out who the two brothers are that work for them who have a choob dad who posts about his kids current employer on the internet. 

Harsh to criticise the poster, he makes a genuine and valid point, and so what if he criticises the employer, the deserve the criticism, it's not North Korea we live in

14 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Most of the guys standing in the queue were in their twenties or thirties, the kind of age group that we want to attract and retain. 

If folk dont want to go back to a killie game because we run out of pies they need a kick in the baws.

I hate to break it to all the moaners on this thread but this happens at literally every club in Scotland, its not an issue thats exclusive to us.

Just get a life man, coming on a forum to moan aboot a pie for f**k sake man give me strength there's folk starving in the world.

3 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

If folk dont want to go back to a killie game because we run out of pies they need a kick in the baws.

I hate to break it to all the moaners on this thread but this happens at literally every club in Scotland, its not an issue thats exclusive to us.

Just get a life man, coming on a forum to moan aboot a pie for f**k sake man give me strength there's folk starving in the world.

There's always folk starving in the world and mostly because of wars but that doesn't mean that Killie can't run a food outlet properly. I am not suggesting that fans would stop going because they couldn't get a pie but considering the cost of football we should be trying to make the experience as enjoyable as possible, also pointing out that it wasn't the usual target "moaning auld gits" making the comments. Should we accept a shoddy product because other clubs are equally as bad, no we shouldn't. 

If having no pies left at half time is the biggest or only complaint at Killie at the moment then that's no so awful is it? This will sort itself out soon enough as the club are heading in the right direction. Yes, it needs to be sorted and I am sure it will be. However, let's enjoy our Christmas after taking 13 points out of 15. Who would have thought it 3 months ago?

We could only dream of a top six finish this season, but now it is a real possibility and maybe even a probability.

Merry Christmas to a everyone and here's to a very Happy 2018.