Pie stalls

KillieBison

But your points not valid at all though is it. The thread is a complaint about customer service which is totally valid.

The solution probably lies in implementing express ques via the use of an app which charges a service fee so the upkeep is paid for by itself.  Not a difficult thing to do, but Scottish football grounds are in the dark ages when it comes to being customer friendly.

I think all this thread highlights is that no matter how Killie are playing, what the result is, how well things are going behind the scenes, people will still find something to complain about. 

Yes the queues were big I can’t see how it is any more than a minor inconvenience that you can’t get a pie to eat whilst watching the football. 

Is the catering still contracted out? I.e. No matter how many pies are sold, we still get the same £ from selling the rights?

Because if it's not, I'd say it's quite important to generate as many sales as possible. If we had a similar situation with the club shop, would we just tell folk to buy their jerseys somewhere else?

4 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

Is the catering still contracted out? I.e. No matter how many pies are sold, we still get the same £ from selling the rights?

Because if it's not, I'd say it's quite important to generate as many sales as possible. If we had a similar situation with the club shop, would we just tell folk to buy their jerseys somewhere else?

The actual making of the stuff, yes. The running of the tea bars, I think, was supposed to be completely in house.

Contactless tills. Problem solved. Amazes me that folk seem surprised they need to have money ready when they're waiting to buy stuff!

Also, at large gigs etc there are folk in the back of bars constantly pouring pints before they're ordered. Surely doing similar with bovrils etc would speed things up. Servers serve, pourers pour.

I agree it is a minor inconvenience but it is still reflects on Kilmarnock FC and how it runs it's business. We wouldn't accept shoddy service in any other business so why should we accept shoddy service just because we have an attachment to the football club. A minor inconvenience could become a major problem if the person is a diabetic. Complain to the SLO if you think the service is poor, or join Tik and put a fan on the board who can deal with the problem.

Edited by Wrangodog

10 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

Ask your mum to feed you before you go to the game. Really? Missed 2/3 of a football match for a pie? 1st world problem.

Might be a first world problem, still a problem thou. Missed revenue, affects match day experience. It’s lose, lose. 

Next time al get a pie of your maw thou, thanks for the suggestion.

2 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Its a bit of an inconvenience, aye. But the way some folk act when they canny get a pie at the football is embarrassing. Grown men nearly foaming wae anger shouting at wee boys cos they canny get a pishy pie at a football game.

For some it's part of the experience, if it wasn't we wouldn't sell pies.  It isn't just pies that are the problem, it's standing in a queue for 15-20 minutes and having to decide whether to quit the queue after waiting that long or remain in it and miss part of the game. 

28 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

For some it's part of the experience, if it wasn't we wouldn't sell pies.  It isn't just pies that are the problem, it's standing in a queue for 15-20 minutes and having to decide whether to quit the queue after waiting that long or remain in it and miss part of the game. 

Going by nearly every away game I've ever been to, surely waiting 15-20 mins for a pie is the norm, so imo our pie stalls are just contributing to an authentic match day experience :-)

From what I experienced yesterday and have read today is that in the FB stand, one of the tea bars was closed. No idea the reason. This put extra pressure on the one tea bar that was open. Add the experience of the servers (young and possibly the only time they work and have had no or very little training) and from my view, no-one in charge, it makes for poor quality service. I took one look at the queue and decided that I could do without a cup of tea. Money in my pocket and not the club.

Most fans who buy at the game are creatures of habit. A pie and bovril/coffee or tea. I have suggested to the club that a pay and collect system be employed. You pay before the game, get a receipt and collect at half time. As the tea bar will know how many pies, tea, coffee have been paid for then it is easy to have them all ready pre packaged to collect in the 15 minute interval and no footering with adding up or cash.

The club is going in the right direction and change and repair will take time. I am sure the tea bars will get better over time.

Edited by CBFC

Given that the total catering sales for the season from those bars will be lucky to exceed £250,000 I doubt we'll be seeing investment anytime soon.

Contactless payment, extra staff and even supervision of the staff all cost money. The U18s hired to work are done specifically because they are cheaper. As soon as they are 18 many will leave for more stable hours in pubs/hotels etc and then Killie have to start again. I doubt there's any motivation for a 16/17 year old to work harder when they'll still get paid because no one else wants to stand in the cold, getting abuse of old guys still raging at Broadfoot's last game or Boyd's miss. 

The same people who would buy a pie will by and large put up with the waiting time because it will generate sales for the club and nothing will get done.

With limited profit, no thought of investment and inexperienced staff we're not going to change anything soon, be that service or cash flow.

One thing that would change all this is the reintroduction of alcohol sales at football grounds. Conservative estimate you could be looking at over £1m in cash catering sales per season.

Not really been a customer of the stalls for years but seems that the basic "catering" at RP and most Scottish grounds has not changed that much in decades , same issues re long queues and poor service with lessons never learned or the system modernised

would be interesting to hear YNTTK comments but he seems to have disappeared from these forums ...posting wise anyhow 

Its a complaint on the fans forum, hardly bed wetting as some of you are making out. In my opinion its a legitimate concern, not from the lack of pie point of view but from the customer service point of view. While revenue from pie stalls is not a massive issue to the club, lack of attendance is and we have to do everything we can to make fan's match day experience something they want to buy into. It may seem trivial to some but you have to look at the big picture here, everything counts, the fact that this has been flagged on here will probably trigger a reaction from the club as they now know its a problem needing looked at, and these days they try and address problems so well done the OP for having the balls to tell it like it is knowing full well that he'd get slaughtered from some for daring to say something negative, even though its the truth. Ultimately he's trying to help by pointing it out, not just having a moan.

On 17/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, SaucyJackPirate said:

But your points not valid at all though is it. The thread is a complaint about customer service which is totally valid.

The solution probably lies in implementing express ques via the use of an app which charges a service fee so the upkeep is paid for by itself.  Not a difficult thing to do, but Scottish football grounds are in the dark ages when it comes to being customer friendly.

That solution is probably a bit OTT. Just put more staff on like they used to have.