Hamilton Away - Postponed, Frozen Pitch

Souleycouley93

H10 Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system.  Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match or Play-Off Match where there is a reasonable possibility of its pitch otherwise being frozen or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility.  

I’ll just leave this here before folk get too excited about undersoil heating. Don’t worry it only took seconds to find it again @Scooby_Doo

1 minute ago, Doonhamer said:

Did they have any of their usual starting 11 suspended or injured ?

Of course they do - defender - after manhandling the assistant ref!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giannis_Skondras

On 16 December 2017, in a 3–2 home win against Ross County, following a foul by Hamilton's Georgios Sarris on Davis Keillor-Dunn which led to a touchline confrontation between players from both sides, Skondras was sent-off having raised a hand towards Ross County defender Kenny van der Weg. During the incident he also appeared to man-handle an assistant referee.[18] Two days later he was charged with excessive misconduct by the Scottish Football Association.[19]

Travelling from Edinburgh I just had to do a U turn at Hermiston Gait. 

Surely to f**k though it must have been obvious the game was not going ahead by lunchtime today.

As noted above it seems the Hamilton management obviously had some reason for not wanting the game on as they chose to leave snow on it until today when it was never going to thaw. Much as usual I fully expect absolutely no action from the SPFL. 

3 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

I'm absolutely f**king raging about this. Built up my wee man's first away game all week going on about how great it would be. He's had his ticket bought for him from one of the boys.  Totally expecting a good result as well with a confident wager placed. Everyone's out, waiting on the bus, killie songs, etc etc etc, he was absolutely buzzing for the experience as was I and all the rest of us I'm sure, absolute f**king amateur showing. Motherwell have got away with this s**t show for years.

They should be docked points. In fact f**k it send them to the 2nd division they're a s**tehawk embarrassment of a football club at the best of times. Sack the f**king lot of the amateur w****rs. 

That's a pisser man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully he will be just as buzzing for the next away game he gets the chance to go to

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

I traveled to Glasgow from Dumfries yesterday and there was snow lying from Crawford all the way to the south side of Glasgow. Therefore they’ve known about this since Xmas night. They’ve deliberately done nothing about the pitch to put the game at risk, especially if they’ve players out and our current form. The league will do SFA about it. They never do. 

Seems amateur of Accies. Sounded on Sportsound like the snow fell yesterday and they left it to freeze. Hope they get hammered for this shambles.

Theyll lose out more than anyone. Their last home game of the year and a bumper away support expected. No fresh income until after the winter shutdown now.