Hamilton Away - Postponed, Frozen Pitch

Souleycouley93

1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

Maybe mate... I guess we will never really know. It's more the fact we would have taken 2000 to a midweek game and place would be buzzing.

The Christmas fixtures with no work is what we all look forward to and to have nothing on is depressing.

This 100%!just turns into a bog standard midweek fixture instead of an extra Xmas night out 

It is totally embarrassing and shambolic to postpone a game 1 hour 20 minutes before kick off when the weather hasn't changed at all in the 24 hours before kick off. Why wasn't an inspection held this morning or afternoon. Completely amateurish from Hamilton. No wonder SC declined to comment he'll be fuming.

11 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Maybe mate... I guess we will never really know. It's more the fact we would have taken 2000 to a midweek game and place would be buzzing.

The Christmas fixtures with no work is what we all look forward to and to have nothing on is depressing.

Still remember the game at St Mirren park under Mixu with the bumper away support.  That was a fantastic day out. We were riding a wave at the time and everyone wanted to be there. Really thought tonight was going to be another night like that. One we would look back on as a great night to be Killie

34 minutes ago, KTID96 said:

For what it's worth, two Hamilton players walked into Bread Meats Bread on Great Western Road at 19:00... call me cynical but I'm thinking the club knew in advance the game wouldn't be on

pitch inspection was at 6.15, hardly takes 45 minutes to get from Hamilton to either Great Western Road or Glasgow City Centre.

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Will they reimburse buses that lost money? Absolute amateurs 

Perhaps a clever person(lawyerperhaps?) could create a template letter claiming our train,bus,petrol back from Accies. Would at least be an inconvenience to them and let them know how unhappy we are at the late call off. 

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

Hamilton's Statement:

Tonight’s game v Kilmarnock has just been postponed.

Sincere Apologies to all for the late notice.

The club and match officials were giving it every chance after overnight snow and freezing fog. The groundstaff have been working on it all day, snow clearing, stadium preparation, salting car parks etc. The referee first called in around 515pm and gave the groundsman more time to get it ready. However following a second inspection, and a discussion with both managers, he has called it off.

The team staff felt it was playable underneath but it was simply a matter of clearing the overnight snow, and it had frozen overnight (-6.5 and freezing fog here at 7am this morning), however we have been ultimately swept away by nature and with the forecast to remain below freezing for the next few hours, it wasn’t assisting. 

The club are most disappointed it is off as everyone was positive for the game.

A new date will be set by the SPFL in due course.

Apologies to all for any inconvenience caused.

I got up there and the car park and surrounding areas were not salted. 

Apologies if this has been posted by I see Canning blaming the ref.

Canning, whose side will now travel to Motherwell on Saturday for their final game before the winter break, believes the pitch could have been deemed playable.

"We played on the pitch against Ross County and it was probably slippier than it is, but the referee has got to make a call and in his opinion he thinks it's a little slippy for the players to play on," he added. 

"It's his call to make. The temperature is dropping, but there's enough salt on the pitch so I don't think it's going to get any worse. It's going to get netter. A lot of work has gone into it today and it's disappointing that it's not going to make it.

"[The snow] protects the pitch underneath, the groundsman's working hard to get the snow off and in another half an hour it would have been fine. But the referee has made his call."

13 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

Perhaps a clever person(lawyerperhaps?) could create a template letter claiming our train,bus,petrol back from Accies. Would at least be an inconvenience to them and let them know how unhappy we are at the late call off. 

Pain as it is, standard practice, and us poor punters have absolute no claim agains Accies. Any letters would get deposited straight in to the round file in the corner

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Canning, whose side will now travel to Motherwell on Saturday for their final game before the winter break, believes the pitch could have been deemed playable.

"We played on the pitch against Ross County and it was probably slippier than it is, but the referee has got to make a call and in his opinion he thinks it's a little slippy for the players to play on," he added. 

"It's his call to make. The temperature is dropping, but there's enough salt on the pitch so I don't think it's going to get any worse. It's going to get netter. A lot of work has gone into it today and it's disappointing that it's not going to make it.

"[The snow] protects the pitch underneath, the groundsman's working hard to get the snow off and in another half an hour it would have been fine. But the referee has made his call."

All part of the plan to make it look like they tried to get the game on.

To be fair, the ref doesn't seem to be the brightest:

"Also, having been reffing for about 5 years, I reffed a game where a player took a corner, it hit the near post and rebounded to him and he crossed it again.  I missed the fact it should have been an indirect free kick until a player pointed it out!  Luckily it didn’t result in a goal!"

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

Totally contradicts what the ref said when he was interviewed on the radio. Accies were the ones who contacted the referee to come to the ground early as they knew they had a problem. They’ve ballsed up big time and are looking to pass the buck for it