Missing AGM thread.

Zorro

"We are just about the remove the MJ at the GM thread. They have been in touch and they don't like it. We have no obligation to take it down as we are not hosting it and we are not promoting it...but seeing we're such nice guys we will remove it from the active thread list. That's what you call suppression of opinion."

What was it the "club" objected to? It was my understanding that every quote has come directly from our club secretary. Are there restrictions on what can and cannot be reported from an AGM? Are the embarrassed by MJ's actions, are the fearful more people get to know what he's like or are they worried one of the newspapers finally tak an interest?

Edited by Zorro

5 hours ago, Killie71 said:

They were all direct quotes, with no attempt at distorting or insinuating any context. If they had been displayed in written words; what then?

The law on defamation makes no differentiation between written word and electronic media.

This site, as the vehicle for any defamatory remarks which may have existed, would potentially have been liable, I think.

The "soundbites" were certainly taken out of context. For example, the person he accused of having spoken for a long time talking rubbish may have been, for all listeners knew, talking .....er, rubbish! The other, who was accused of having limited knowledge of a subject, may well have had limited knowledge. Any listeners who didn't attend would have no idea.

In other words, MJ's words may have been fair comment.

If the whole exchanges had been recorded and posted, there would have been context.   

Edited by skygod

My decision alone to take it down. The SLO contacted me directly saying the club claimed it was heavily biased in the editing. Having been at the AGM I would say that they missed half the snidey remarks out! However, this site now belongs to the Trust/KFCSA/Young Kilmarnock/FC Killie Ladies so I granted the request to remove it in case it had repercussions for any of them.

We never hosted the audio clips in the first place, they are all over social media, I pointed this out the SLO...everyone's heard them now so it made no difference if we removed them now or not...that's why I did.

Or maybe I shat it.

You decide.

It may or may not have been heavily biased but the words came out of his mouth in a fairly public forum.  Newspapers use quotes out of context all the time.   I struggle to see what legal action he could have taken against any individual or group.  I thought he couldn't get any lower in my opinion - but I was wrong.  On the bright side, we now know he reads this forum, must make him smile to see how popular he is.    I don't know if the Mister Men series has a Mr Smug, but if not he could do a job for them.

I agree with Skygod, the clips were presented without context. The BBC do that sort of thing all the time. It would have given MJ a decent legal case although the fact they are all over social media makes it pretty weak.

IMO taking the thread down does the "MJ must go" movement more harm than good as, as Baz says everyone has heard the clips and it just makes MJ look more like a control freak. 

Defamation. Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

How would it be possible to  decrease the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held  We could not think any less of MJ, and his reputation precedes him

5 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Defamation. Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

How would it be possible to  decrease the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held  We could not think any less of MJ, and his reputation precedes him

I was at the AGM.

There was nothing false.

He said them.

Can't deny it.

31 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

Good to see the SLO doing his best for the supporters #mjpuppet

So the SLO cannot come on here and be a link for supporters , but he can be a middle man to do the board or MJ's bidding to Oder/ censor what is said on a fans forum.......what next knocking on the door with a baseball bat of any critic..

not as if they have more important things to get on with....I hope the SLO was not happy doing such a service 

Edited by Scouser2

3 hours ago, skygod said:

The "soundbites" were certainly taken out of context. For example, the person he accused of having spoken for a long time talking rubbish may have been, for all listeners knew, talking .....er, rubbish! The other, who was accused of having limited knowledge of a subject, may well have had limited knowledge. Any listeners who didn't attend would have no idea.

In other words, MJ's words may have been fair comment.

If the whole exchanges had been recorded and posted, there would have been context.   

I don't really agree with that, the person may have been talking rubbish but that is Johnston's opinion and I think it was more the dismissive way he said it that was the worst part. The limited knowledge part also is just Johnston's opinion. Did Baz cave in... I dunno... maybe not wanting to rock the boat at the moment with the Trust's investment closing in is a better way of looking at it.

I have no doubt Baz you never "shat it" and took it down for the right reasons. However in my opinion it wasn't the right thing to do. Yes most people know what was said by now but it's "our"forum and we shouldn't be told what to do by anyone !!! Unless of course there's something sectarian, racist, libellous etc.

5 hours ago, baz said:

My decision alone to take it down. The SLO contacted me directly saying the club claimed it was heavily biased in the editing. Having been at the AGM I would say that they missed half the snidey remarks out! However, this site now belongs to the Trust/KFCSA/Young Kilmarnock/FC Killie Ladies so I granted the request to remove it in case it had repercussions for any of them.

We never hosted the audio clips in the first place, they are all over social media, I pointed this out the SLO...everyone's heard them now so it made no difference if we removed them now or not...that's why I did.

Or maybe I shat it.

You decide.

Would love some clarification from the board as to whether it was indeed 'the board' that instigated the request to remove or if it was one (or more) individuals on the board that made the move.
"The Club" making the request suggests a unified approach - I for one would love to know if it was.  If it wasn't, let's call it what it is and say MJ wanted it removed.
Completely understand why you felt you had to act Baz but I hope this attempt at censorship shows the other board members why they have to act too.
And soon !

Money talks bKb and MJ has none.  I'm sure they can do something, they just need to have the desire & commitment to do so.  All of them.

On a related topic, I've heard short audio snippets on the inter web of MJ's answers to questions from the floor at the AGM,  but as a shareholder with a busy job I wasn't able to attend and I'd like to hear the full thing in context.  Does anyone have a link??