Xmas gifts from Football clubs - players

Scouser2

some might say on the wages that EPL players are on this will just be loose change to any player but think its more seen as a gesture than any great "give away"--- not that I am suggesting that any Killie players or the club give out vouchers to those of us attending Hamilton or Hibs games -----couple of wins would suffice 

Defender Mathias Jorgensen has offered to buy every Huddersfield Town fan who travels away to Southampton on Saturday a Christmas drink as thanks for their "amazing" support this season.

The gesture could cost the Denmark international more than £8,000. The Terriers have a 472-mile round trip to Southampton as they look to build on last weekend's 4-1 victory at Watford. - Jorgensen, 27, who is known as Zanka, wrote on Twitter: "I hope you like the gift. Zanka Claus is coming to Town!" In a video message, he added: "Your support this year has been truly amazing, so I thought I would think up something special for those of you travelling to Southampton this weekend."

The club said away fans will be presented with a voucher when they enter St Mary's Stadium for the Southampton game, and can redeem for a drink at Huddersfield's next home match on Boxing Day against Stoke. They have been given an allocation of 2,596 tickets for the match at St Mary's.

Huddersfield charge around £3.20 for a pint of beer - and if they sell out at Southampton and all of the fans take up the free drink offer, it would cost Jorgensen £8,300.