JJ

piffer

2 hours ago, virtuocity said:

That's a tad unfair.  If we were to sign 15 players a year and get £1m of sales revenue from them once annually, while scraping by in the league, I would have to consider that a successful business model.

Not great for the fans, I grant you, but within a couple of years, the books would be balanced and would secure the club's financial position for years to come.

Not the best business model for a club to adopt. I don't see many clubs doing it unless they don't have any other option. Don't think it will work for Bury this year.  

40 minutes ago, historyman said:

Sevco won't be paying £1milkion for anyone. They are skint as the deal for Murphy shows. It is all spin by the journalists hoping to keep on side in order to get 'exclusives' in the future. What amazes me is that despite all that has happened the Sevco fans still fall for it every time. 

nail on the head, spot on

I'm a Jones fan and like @Bigbill says, it saddens me to see how quickly fans turn on a player when there is a hint he might leave.

We had posters saying he was off to Rangers and telling people that which was clearly BS... and the inevitable backlash of "get him tae feck" from the usual posters.

Reality is he hasn't left, at this time to everyone's knowledge their hasn't been a bid.

For those saying he doesn't score or assist enough, you're thinking is so two dimensional. He has blinding pace and is an outball that buys us more room up the pitch. His pace worries defenders who can't play a high line against us. He's usually marked by two players... all these things allow a team (of which he's been a fundamental part of) to go undefeated in December, win 3 back to back games at home and only lose two matches since SSC arrived.

Now if you can't see his contribution you're walking about with blinkers on. We are a poorer side without JJ and I will certainly be sorry to see him go... as will you all when you see the ramifications of playing a front three of Burke, Boyd and Brophy and us playing 20 yards closer to our goals every week.

40 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

If we sell him for the £1 million mark amazingly Lee Clarks era will have generated £2 million from 2 players he signed 

Guess his crazy plan worked. One Clark that brought us players that turned a profit, one Clarke that showed players how to play. It might be a plan to use some of JJ's transfer money to boost Steve Clarke's salary so we get more compensation when the inevitable happens.

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm a Jones fan and like @Bigbill says, it saddens me to see how quickly fans turn on a player when there is a hint he might leave.

We had posters saying he was off to Rangers and telling people that which was clearly BS... and the inevitable backlash of "get him tae feck" from the usual posters.

Reality is he hasn't left, at this time to everyone's knowledge their hasn't been a bid.

For those saying he doesn't score or assist enough, you're thinking is so two dimensional. He has blinding pace and is an outball that buys us more room up the pitch. His pace worries defenders who can't play a high line against us. He's usually marked by two players... all these things allow a team (of which he's been a fundamental part of) to go undefeated in December, win 3 back to back games at home and only lose two matches since SSC arrived.

Now if you can't see his contribution you're walking about with blinkers on. We are a poorer side without JJ and I will certainly be sorry to see him go... as will you all when you see the ramifications of playing a front three of Burke, Boyd and Brophy and us playing 20 yards closer to our goals every week.

Absolutely spot on, folk focus far too much on the fact that he doesn't have a lot of assists but its clear he gets us ticking going forward. The amount of times we have been toiling and he has skint a couple of players and got momentum back for us to go on and get something is very high.

He's a great player and if he does go I will miss him a lot.

I'll be sad to JJ goes, IF he does. The games he hasn't played we have looked pretty flat and attacking threat is vastly reduced. OK, so he has been off the boil of late, but he is still by far our most creative player and has the ability to go by opposition with ease. If he goes he will be a major loss, just look what happened when Couly went last year, again a rare player who could trun the game on its head. Hope we can hold on to JJ till end of season, get us in top six and then cash in if that is the club's plans for him

28 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Well said fella 

apart from Souli there hasn't been a player who has the ability to get you on the edge of your seat with excitement 

he has bags of ability and while he isn't the finished article for anyone to claim he wouldn't be a massive loss is ridiculous 

with the exception of septic he would walk into any other team in the league 

Id be annoyed if he went to rangers but if he went to England you can’t be annoyed at a guy for wanting to make the most of his short career. If he gets offered say 5k a week day and he gets to live back down in his home country who are we to moan.

In terms of how JJ plays agree with bullitt he is exciting to watch, you go to edge of your seat because he can rip a player inside out. His assists and goals return may not be amazing but he drags players over to his side leaving space for others. Burke is playing well atm and Kiltie coming back and possibility of Naismith gives us plenty options if jones leaves.

Edited by PrestersKtid

2 hours ago, Killiepies said:

How much is JJ worth to Killie ? If we fail to get in the top 6 and go out of the cup in the early rounds because we have sold one of our best players.I would think that could right off any transfer fee we get .To think that some on here where happy to take £500k or a player not getting a game with one of our rivals .Hope the board and management don't think like that 

This is the view Motherwell rightly took with Moult last January.

Jones biggest contribution in recent games has been attracting 2 defender thus leaving space for others to exploit.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Agree with everything, but if he was to leave for 1million bite they're hand off, as for replacement we have a better player returning in Kiltie don't think he will be as missed when Kiltie is back to full speed again as he is twice the player of jones

17 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Agree with everything, but if he was to leave for 1million bite they're hand off, as for replacement we have a better player returning in Kiltie don't think he will be as missed when Kiltie is back to full speed again as he is twice the player of jones

Agree with this in principle, however,how confident should we be that Kiltie will stay fit over a sustained period?

3 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

The best Scottish players go down south and mostly return a few years later much diminished in reputation. Naismith bucked that trend , limited player but fantastic attitude and fit as a fiddle . Really hope he doesn’t go back to the Huns , he could do us a great turn and it would be a fitting end to a great career . JJ is exciting because he’s quick but if someone offers us half a mill we should bite their hand off . 

You have just proved one of my points. Scottish football mentality, because a team sell a good player for, in european football terms, peanuts we should all be happy doing the same sort of business.

Not selling JJ for said peanuts I don't think he would be that upset as he will still be playing first team football every week and learning alot more from SSC than sitting on a bench somewhere and he will get better with that training which will then increase his value.

Unless you think that SSC won't be able to improve his game :18:

It's about time Scottish clubs took a stand and demanded a fair price for our players from other clubs. If they want the players and rate them to enhance their teams then they will pay that little bit more.

It's like selling the same used car for only 5/10% of the price you would sell it in England.

3 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

You have just proved one of my points. Scottish football mentality, because a team sell a good player for, in european football terms, peanuts we should all be happy doing the same sort of business.

Not selling JJ for said peanuts I don't think he would be that upset as he will still be playing first team football every week and learning alot more from SSC than sitting on a bench somewhere and he will get better with that training which will then increase his value.

Unless you think that SSC won't be able to improve his game :18:

It's about time Scottish clubs took a stand and demanded a fair price for our players from other clubs. If they want the players and rate them to enhance their teams then they will pay that little bit more.

It's like selling the same used car for only 5/10% of the price you would sell it in England.

I’ve got a car to sell , so I demand that you pay twice what you are prepared to pay . Plus I really, really need the money . It’s a market , the buyers and sellers meet at a price . This idea that someone is “ worth” a particular amount is tested by the price that is eventually struck . If they are worth a lot more , someone will offer a lot more , or they’ll get a bargain and they’ll sell him on at enormous profit like Van Dyke. 

2 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

If he does get sold, swap deal plus cash good luck to the lad. Like most on here I would like him to stay but a club the size of Kilmarnock can't knock back money, more so now with project brave to fund.we can only hope if he does go SC has another ace up his sleeve.

We’re a selling club. The Club’s business plan will be to bring in players like JJ or through our youth system improve and sell on for a vast profit with clauses included. Look at Ceptic they’ve been doing it successfully for years. There are more and more clubs, especially in England’s top tier scrapping their youth set ups and using the money to buy players from so called smaller clubs. Huddersfield have announced that they are closing their academy and are going to buy up and coming players instead. If we receive a decent  offer for any of our players it will definitely be considered. 

I for one will be gutted if JJ does infact go as like others have said on here he is the one player in our team that when he gets the ball and runs at a defence you feel like something may happen and the excitement levels build, agreed he hasn't had his best games recently but we need to remember he is a young guy living away from home friends and family at a particular time of year when you want to be near your loved ones, also has had a lot going on with international games etc, he seems a genuinely nice guy with a bright future ahead of him, I will keep my fingers crossed that he is still a Killie player after January and that he keeps skinning defences for fun for the rest of the season (that and he is quite pleasing on the female eye :):))

JJ Must stay!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

I’ve got a car to sell , so I demand that you pay twice what you are prepared to pay . Plus I really, really need the money . It’s a market , the buyers and sellers meet at a price . This idea that someone is “ worth” a particular amount is tested by the price that is eventually struck . If they are worth a lot more , someone will offer a lot more , or they’ll get a bargain and they’ll sell him on at enormous profit like Van Dyke. 

My example of selling a used car was to show that location shouldn't determin the price you pay for things.

The Van Dyke situation just proves my point, English clubs come up to Scotland and pay peanuts for a player then make a healthy profit further down the line.

40 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

My example of selling a used car was to show that location shouldn't determin the price you pay for things.

The Van Dyke situation just proves my point, English clubs come up to Scotland and pay peanuts for a player then make a healthy profit further down the line.

I’m not being arsey and I see where you are coming from . But they don’t pay peanuts. They pay the market rate . If these players were worth more ,they’d pay more , or someone else would and play them or sell them on for a profit . It’s not difficult. 

15 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Absolutely pish. The English football transfer Market does not reflect "the market rate" they can and often do pay way above the market rate for players, and we should make them do the same. 

Oh Brian . If it isn’t the “market rate “ then why pay it ? It’s not hard . Somebody, somewhere, thinks something is worth a certain amount. They talk to the person who owns that something . They either agree a price or they differ . Or someone else offers more . The seller may still disagree , in which case he holds on , if he can . And there’s the rub . The likes of Killie can’t . Time is money, particularly when you don’t have any . 

7 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Absolutely pish. The English football transfer Market does not reflect "the market rate" they can and often do pay way above the market rate for players, and we should make them do the same. 

Absolutely pish.  The transfer fee a club will accept for a player also relates to the contract the player is on.  A transfer fee is simply a compensation for agreeing to release a player from his contract.  This therefore (unfortunately) relates to the market that the selling club play in (unless you are sevco of course).  The only way a premium can be achieved is if there is significant competition for a player.

Even if Killie discovered the next Ronaldo, we could never command anywhere near the same value as an England to England transfer or and England to Spain transfer, because we operate in a different market. 

By definition, the English transfer market does reflect "the market rate".  But it is a different market from the one we operate in.  The Scottish market is actually exceptional value for money, as the difference talent wise isn't as great as people think.   

12 hours ago, virtuocity said:

That's a tad unfair.  If we were to sign 15 players a year and get £1m of sales revenue from them once annually, while scraping by in the league, I would have to consider that a successful business model.

Not great for the fans, I grant you, but within a couple of years, the books would be balanced and would secure the club's financial position for years to come.

That was Dundee's big plan under Marr and the Bonettis ..... and we all know how that worked out.