Steven Naismith

Bad company

7 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

If SC wants him, he'll sign. If not it just means we've got someone better lined up. Relax.

I agree. If we really were interested Hearts wouldn't get a look in.

I'd rather the money was used to secure the players out of contract in the summer.

4 minutes ago, casual observer said:

The signing or otherwise of Naismith won’t make or break our season. He’s hardly played since last season so will take several weeks and games to get up to match speed and sharpness. I’ll trust SSC to pick the select few he deems worthy of joining our merry band and donning the stripes.

I agree it won't make or break our season, but he would instantly improve our team, even with very few games played.

I'll be delighted if we get him, but if we don't I won't be too gutted.Maybe a day or two ago I would have said different

If he is whoring himself to the Hun or even contemplating going to Gorgie then I really hope we have moved forward enough in the next 18 months to deny him his “dream” of finishing his career at Killie, and that we are no longer anyone’s retirement home. His transfer to them still rankles with me, yes I would take him back, but would prefer SSC to unearth a fresh gem tbh.

I'd like to think SN was more mature than wanting to sign for his boyhood heroes again ahead of other more sensible options. He always appears to me like a rather sensible young man with his help for homeless and also his support for dyslexic charities.However perhaps when it comes to them he is blinkered from all sensible thought?  

1 hour ago, KTID86 said:

Heard Naisy has been on the phone to Murty asking about a move. Whether that means he will end up signing with them who knows. They are definitely his first choice no doubt about it. 

Yeh, cause I’m sure Naismith has been telling everyone about this conversation!

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

The signing or otherwise of Naismith won’t make or break our season. He’s hardly played since last season so will take several weeks and games to get up to match speed and sharpness. I’ll trust SSC to pick the select few he deems worthy of joining our merry band and donning the stripes.

Sanchez to Man Utd

Zlatan to Killie

Sorted........ :11:

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

Several weeks, similar to Mulumbu then? :S if there's a chance he's comin to Killie SC isn't goin to blab to the s*n.. If Clarke is happy with the current squad we should be. Naisy would be a nice bonus

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Good friend who blabs.

I agree. Must be difficult having a friend who's a footballer when there's so much speculation though. Human nature to let a few things out the bag. That's assuming he wasn't pulling my leg. I do believe it's true he called Murty personally to seek a move. He was always Rangers mad growing up as a boy.

59 minutes ago, Jamsie said:

Several weeks, similar to Mulumbu then? :S. Naisy would be a nice bonus

We’ve 5 games between 20th and 3rd, leaving only 7 more before the split. So at best 7 games he’s likely to be up to speed for then based on our season so far, 5 end of season post split games to finish 5th or 6th/ 7th or 8th. I’d like to see him back but his short term impact will be very limited. I’d rather Kiltie got as much game time as possible if it came to a choice. 

Hearts are looking to sign former Kilmarnock and Rangers star Steven Naismith, The Scotsman understands. READ MORE - Hearts in talks to sign 6ft 4in Dutch striker Leon de Kogel The Scottish international hasn’t played for his current club Norwich City since August and has been the source of constant speculation during January transfer window. Hearts have made enquiries as to the availability of the player, who was initially expected to leave Carrow Road on loan. Advertisement Naismith currently earns a whopping £50,000 per week in his current deal, which doesn’t expire until the summer of 2019. However, it has been reported that the attacker is happy to take a massive wage cut in order to move his family back to Scotland. Kilmarnock are also interested in bringing the former fans favourite back to Rugby Park for a second spell. It is believed that Naismith wishes to re-sign for Rangers, whom he left to join Everton in 2012, but so far an offer from the Ibrox club has not yet materialised

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hearts-join-the-race-to-sign-ex-rangers-star-steven-naismith-1-4659323

1 minute ago, kfc_superteam said:

Hearts are looking to sign former Kilmarnock and Rangers star Steven Naismith, The Scotsman understands. READ MORE - Hearts in talks to sign 6ft 4in Dutch striker Leon de Kogel The Scottish international hasn’t played for his current club Norwich City since August and has been the source of constant speculation during January transfer window. Hearts have made enquiries as to the availability of the player, who was initially expected to leave Carrow Road on loan. Advertisement Naismith currently earns a whopping £50,000 per week in his current deal, which doesn’t expire until the summer of 2019. However, it has been reported that the attacker is happy to take a massive wage cut in order to move his family back to Scotland. Kilmarnock are also interested in bringing the former fans favourite back to Rugby Park for a second spell. It is believed that Naismith wishes to re-sign for Rangers, whom he left to join Everton in 2012, but so far an offer from the Ibrox club has not yet materialised

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hearts-join-the-race-to-sign-ex-rangers-star-steven-naismith-1-4659323

.... yawn. I won't believe it til the Stewarton soft furnishings expert is pictured outside his wife's dental practice holding a maroon and white, red blue and white OR blue and white scarf over his flowing locks!