Steven Naismith

Bad company

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Should get the respect he deserves, he' ss not  did anything wrong or ill to our club. Can' t blame him for not joining the club if we never put a move in for him

Agreed.

I'd like to think we have longer memories than those in Govan and our response is better than theirs inevitably will be! 

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Would we take him in the summer if it all goes wrong at hearts?...for me it's a no. Don't like being second choice to a mid table rival.

If the move is true its only a loan deal till summer. If he becomes available after that and Killie go for him I would be more than happy to welcome him back to RP.:11:

36 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

If we haven't made any attempt to sign him then he will be treated with respect.

If he scores against us and celebrates he will be hit with a scalding hot Killie pie!

Scalding hot Killie pie. xD   More chance of throwing a "no hot food left" sign at him.

Anyway, unless we stay in the top six we won't be playing them again at home.

9 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

That depends on what he and Norwich would be willing to accept. And what other incentives Killie would offer over and above his wage.

Surely if he is successful at Hearts they would want to keep him, and if he is that successful Norwich would want him back. Other than the fact he used to play for us and the proximity to his family home there is no logical reason for him to return.

18 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Surely if he is successful at Hearts they would want to keep him, and if he is that successful Norwich would want him back. Other than the fact he used to play for us and the proximity to his family home there is no logical reason for him to return.

Hearts are probably funding the loan with money from the Walker sale, which they won't have in the summer.

I don't think Norwich will want to retain him under the present manager and will probably want a transfer fee, if only nominal, for him.

I suppose he was entitled to get the best financial deal possible, but it's a little surprising that he signed a three-year contract when he seems to have had a long-term plan to move his family back after two years.

Edited by skygod

16 minutes ago, skygod said:

I suppose he was entitled to get the best financial deal possible, but it's a little surprising that he signed a three-year contract when he seems to have had a long-term plan to move his family back after two years.

I doubt that was his plan. He signed the three year deal for a different manager - the new one has come in and not picked him. Judging by the recent reserve score he isn't one for sitting out his contract and counting the pennies, so in my view he's quite sensibly decided to accelerate the move home by a year. 

I thought his daughter started school next year and he wanted her settled?

Would he want to stay on his own in Norwich, or somewhere else in England, next season? It makes sense to find a club in Scotland but his options are limited unless Norwich release him and he plays for very little, which he has hinted he would. 

Anyway, it's his dilemma!

2 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

I know it won't be popular with our resident experts and those that know every member of his family tree (plus dog, dentist and soft furnishing suppliers) but, I wish the lad well.

On paper, he's just the player they need?

He’s now a Jambo according to Sky Football 

As you get older, your perspective changes. Finances, family life, the team you are going to - what's their style of play? How you are going to fit into it? - all come into play, rather than simply, 'Is it a bigger club? Are the finances right?' There are a lot more variables involved now.

Based on those comments he made I'm quite surprised that he has joined Hearts rather than Killie - if we did in fact also make an offer to him.

I know it won't be popular with our resident experts and those that know every member of his family tree (plus dog, dentist and soft furnishing suppliers) but, I wish the lad well.

He was a fairly regular starter with Scotland when Levine was Manager. Don't know if he has really bought into Levine's formation and tactics. "0-0 is a success, play with nobody up front...."

If you want to say something really unpopular, suggest our pitch may have come into the equation, when he was making his decision. That’s the way to get a reaction. 

6 minutes ago, historyman said:

As you get older, your perspective changes. Finances, family life, the team you are going to - what's their style of play? How you are going to fit into it? - all come into play, rather than simply, 'Is it a bigger club? Are the finances right?' There are a lot more variables involved now.

Based on those comments he made I'm quite surprised that he has joined Hearts rather than Killie - if we did in fact also make an offer to him.

I had heard earlier in the week that Hearts were willing to pay £150k in wages to have him for the rest of the season because he might be able to help them secure 4th or higher. That would give them a good return on investment. It seems that info was correct.

From a Killie point of view it would have been far riskier with a return on investment unlikely under the loan terms Norwich are reported to have wanted to satisfy.I would therefore doubt if we made any approach at all to be honest.

However, if he is negotiating a release from his contract and becomes a free-agent in the summer the a move to Killie becomes a real possibility as he may want to be closer to home, be able to learn coaching at the feet of SC - ceratinly can handle a wage cut to suit our budget.

I wouldn't rule it out.

2 minutes ago, plunkit said:

I had heard earlier in the week that Hearts were willing to pay £150k in wages to have him for the rest of the season because he might be able to help them secure 4th or higher. That would give them a good return on investment. It seems that info was correct.

From a Killie point of view it would have been far riskier with a return on investment unlikely under the loan terms Norwich are reported to have wanted to satisfy.I would therefore doubt if we made any approach at all to be honest.

However, if he is negotiating a release from his contract and becomes a free-agent in the summer the a move to Killie becomes a real possibility as he may want to be closer to home, be able to learn coaching at the feet of SC - ceratinly can handle a wage cut to suit our budget.

I wouldn't rule it out.

Now that it’s settled I’m of the opinion we weren’t talking to him in the first place. If this is the case, our manager’s decision has to be respected. I wish SN all the best in spoon burning land.

19 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

Now that it’s settled I’m of the opinion we weren’t talking to him in the first place. If this is the case, our manager’s decision has to be respected. I wish SN all the best in spoon burning land.

My thoughts too. I don't think we made any serious offer. Probably heard Norwich's demands and didn't take it any further