Steven Naismith

Bad company

6 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Sensing a touch of bitterness here. Your kidding yourself on if you think he's not as good if not better than most of our players, on his day. You are judging him when he's just come back and is playing for a negative s**t manager, do you remember how most of our players looked when we didn't have Steve Clark? He didn't choose us because of the pitch, its his loss not ours, we should just move on.

No bitterness whatsoever. Why would you think that? Merely stating what I saw at Tynecastle v Killie, the Motherwell cuptie and last night.
Simply my opinion that's all, and it would actually appear as if YOU have a rose-tinted view of Naisy.
But we'll agree to disagree, eh?

11 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

No bitterness whatsoever. Why would you think that? Merely stating what I saw at Tynecastle v Killie, the Motherwell cuptie and last night.
Simply my opinion that's all, and it would actually appear as if YOU have a rose-tinted view of Naisy.
But we'll agree to disagree, eh?

No problem, I can accept that.

Very good player who did right by us, not sure how he would have fitted in up front if he had returned. JJ & Brophy are younger and faster supporting Boydie feel that we might have lost some of our energy upfront. Totally agree that’s Hearts currently are not firing but reckon Levein will step aside/be sacked again at end of season and better manager will play more to his style. Don’t think he will be back in Killie shirt again.

59 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Sensing a touch of bitterness here. Your kidding yourself on if you think he's not as good if not better than most of our players, on his day. You are judging him when he's just come back and is playing for a negative s**t manager, do you remember how most of our players looked when we didn't have Steve Clark? He didn't choose us because of the pitch, its his loss not ours, we should just move on.

No bitterness from me mate. I'm only calling it as I've seen him play so far. He may come onto a game with minutes played regularly, but I expected more from him than he's currently displaying. 

I genuinely was disappointed when he went to Hearts but on the evidence so far he hasn't really improved Hearts as I expected he would.

Wouldn't touch him now. He's been very poor and for £10k a week I'd be expecting more than one goal that resulted from a player slipping on a poor surface. He's either injured or s**t. Must be that grass surface he was so keen to play on...

Boyd, Brophy and JJ with Kiltie, McKenzie and Erwin in reserve... Why would we need another forward??

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Wouldn't touch him now. He's been very poor and for £10k a week I'd be expecting more than one goal that resulted from a player slipping on a poor surface. He's either injured or s**t. Must be that grass surface he was so keen to play on...

Boyd, Brophy and JJ with Kiltie, McKenzie and Erwin in reserve... Why would we need another forward??

If there is that kind of money going about then it should be used to keep Mulumbu

Disappointed we didn't get him (even if ITK types say we never had a shot), but not disappointed he isn't here now. Football goes on, I love the group we have just now, and if Naisy's not a part of that, well, then that's his loss, quite frankly. KTID. If the pitch was the deciding factor some think it was, that's a shame.

His hometown (just about) club are on the upswing on and off the pitch, under a proven manager with serious credentials, and he could've ridden that cresting wave to one last "big" move, or a Boyd-like renaissance back at the old stomping ground. But, plastic pitch, eh? So, aye, good luck with Levein, and thanks for the memories.

Edited by kevin1869

8 hours ago, 18yardhero said:

no its not, he was taking the hit for any shortfall himself, money was not the deciding factor

I was lead to believe that whils he was prepared to take the hit on some of the shortfall of his wages that there was still a minimum he or his agent woud accept.The figure banded around was £10k per week minimum and he would take hit on outstanding £25K but wasnt prepared to go below earning £10k per week.That,I would have thought, ruled us out?

Naisy is a good guy who has benefitted from his training at Killie and has been a generous benefactor to us and to less well to do folk in the community.

He may be coming to the twilight of his career in top football but he deserves our respect and thanks for his contribution whilst playing for us in the past.