Steven Naismith

Bad company

Love it when Boydie talks Killie! Selling a move to Rugby Park over other options. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2086248/stevenn-naismith-kilmarnock-kris-boyd-rugby-park/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Do I seriously think Naisy could be wearing a Killie jersey before the end of the transfer window? Yes, I do.

Edited by KittyCarrot

31 minutes ago, Joe said:

I hope so. But feel the lure of rangers will attract him and JJ.

May put a line on both joining Rangers

Jones isn't going to Rangers. They have no money. Do yourself a favour. The money you were going to put on that bet put on Liverpool to beat City.

Maybe already covered but do we really need him? One of my favourite players of recent times but if JJ stays and Kiltie comes back to his previous form, Boyd and Brophy continue to grow their partnership then who gets dropped to accommodate him? Still think he is a great player though.

31 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

Maybe already covered but do we really need him? One of my favourite players of recent times but if JJ stays and Kiltie comes back to his previous form, Boyd and Brophy continue to grow their partnership then who gets dropped to accommodate him? Still think he is a great player though.

Can we afford to show blind loyalty to players? If there is a chance of signing Naisy and at the expense of Jones, Boyd, Brophy or anyone else he is going going to improve us as a team can we miss this. This question is asked about many different positions. If there was the chance to sign a better keeper, CB, CM would you pass on it? 

Much as he wants to show loyalty to the players Clarke will understand he has a duty to make us as good a team as he can. It will be beneficial for him as well if he is constantly improving us

1 hour ago, Joe said:

OK, but I understand he has had offers from down south but his preference is Rangers.

Liverpool to beat city lol. FFS more donations to Willie Hill.

JJ I think he will go regardless. Rangers IMO.

There has been no offers to the club for Jones. So no one has spoken to him. His preference will be to move closer to family... not to Rangers. 

And Liverpool -1 goal is the bet. City are due an absolute tanking and I think this is the weekend it will happen. Stick a fiver on it... You won't be disappointed mate.

Jones is the type of guy who would be idolised by the rangers support . Till he has a few bad games and becomes a scapegoat . Probably start with watp on his twitter and get them eating out his hand . Both aren’t the brightest bunch . I know a lot of people love him . If Hamilton are asking for 650 k for Greg docherty we will be wanting a million for jones 

2 hours ago, KittyCarrot said:

Love it when Boydie talks Killie! Selling a move to Rugby Park over other options. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2086248/stevenn-naismith-kilmarnock-kris-boyd-rugby-park/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Do I seriously think Naisy could be wearing a Killie jersey before the end of the transfer window? Yes, I do.

I do enjoy Boyd's interviews where he takes the initiative and starts interviewing himself. 

'Am I being interviewed? Yes I am. Do I know a good place in Oregon to get a mattress? Yes, yes I do.' 

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Thats me told lol.

Ok will look at the odds for game.

Still think Jones will be away. 

See if I lose bet can I get my fiver back :2:

I think he might leave this window too... but if he does it will be down south. Rangers can't afford anyone. They'r being priced out the market for Hamilton Accies players!!!

If the bet doesn't come off I'll be too busy crying into my coco pops and won't have enough money for heating let alone paying your fiver back xD

18 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

That's good enough for me to sit back relax and look forward to something else to smile about at RP 

On Jambo kickbacks in the Naisy 63864648382 page thread where they all have inside info, one fan says they heard someone with bucket loads of cash wanting to invest in Killie.

When he was quizzed about it, he said he was talking silly money...?

Nonsense?

What about the lad who's part of consortium to buy Ladbrokes Coral?

Is the club / Bowie at a stage where they would be looking for someone to come in? Do we even have a chairman yet!?

3 hours ago, Joe said:

I hope so. But feel the lure of rangers will attract him and JJ.

May put a line on both joining Rangers

Rangers are now in for Tyler Roberts from West Brom on loan, a player who plays as both a forward or left winger, can't see them signing both JJ and this guy tbh.

53 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Is the club / Bowie at a stage where they would be looking for someone to come in? Do we even have a chairman yet!?

Maybe Naisy is signing as player / chairman?   Heard a couple of grannies talking about it in the Stewarton Co-op, so it must be true.

These I would say are the most interesting remarks in regards to this thread... and also our prospects of signing him.

There have been a lot of stories linking me with two of my old clubs, Kilmarnock and Rangers. I have not spoken to either of them, but I am not ruling out any clubs at this stage.”

“I wouldn't say any club is off limits, because it is more than just about money.

I am pretty relaxed about the situation. If the right move is there for me, I will know about it.”

Steven Naismith: 'A transfer window is unique. It is mental. I'm not ruling out any clubs'

Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Whatsapp

It is a very unique situation, a transfer window in football. When you are inside it and experience it, it is unbelievable really.

There are so many variables. It is a constantly changing board.

It all depends on what the clubs say. A club might really want you, but the club you are at don't want to let you go, especially in January.

Or a club had a target and think they are going to keep their star player, but they end up selling him. The next minute, they are looking for a different player.

Maybe you have more options than you thought. Could this work? Could that work? If your parent club is agreeable, your agent will have conversations with clubs, but also your own club is also having conversations. They will say, 'these clubs are interested in you, do you want to have a conversation with them?' So then you need to re-evaluate.

It is incredible to think that one day you could have no-one in for you, the next day you could have four clubs interested - and vice-versa. These things can happen with one phone call.

It starts from the very top. One transfer can filter all the way down through the whole of the Premier League, to the Championship, to every league around Europe. It is mental really.

The manager at Norwich [Daniel Farke] has said he would be happy to keep me but has also said he is not going to guarantee that I play or even be involved in the squad. I have never really experienced a period like this before where I have been fit for a good while but not been involved.

For someone of my age, and where I have been in my career, it is tough to accept when you are sitting and waiting it out. I go in every day, I'm my usual self in training, but it's a tricky situation.

You need to be respectful and professional and ready if called upon but also have to think what's best for yourself, assess your options and do the right thing, because it is a very short career.

There has been interest from all different areas, people phoning and asking the situation. Nothing can be done unless the clubs agree to it and everyone is happy.

That is where it is at the moment. When options are put to me, I will try to make the right choice.

If you are a youngster and not playing, or someone is in for you because you are doing well and it is going to progress your career, nine times out of 10 you don't think twice. You just do it.

"I'll be back playing in Scotland some day"

As you get older, your perspective changes. Finances, family life, the team you are going to - what's their style of play? How you are going to fit into it? - all come into play, rather than simply, 'Is it a bigger club? Are the finances right?' There are a lot more variables involved now.

Norwich have had offers and I believe the clubs have had a chat, in terms of saying, 'This is what we are looking for, is that do-able?' They have said a deal could be done, which is then put to me.

But it is more than just picking a club and going to them. It is about what the club is doing going forward? Is there something I can bring to the team? Can I maybe help along some of the youngsters?

They are big things for me in terms of where I could be moving next. I have a family to think about as well. My oldest is turning five this year, so in England she is in her reception year. In Scotland, she would start school after the summer.

There have been a lot of stories linking me with two of my old clubs, Kilmarnock and Rangers. I have not spoken to either of them, but I am not ruling out any clubs at this stage.

I have not hidden the fact that I am definitely going back to play in Scotland one day. Whether that is sooner or later, we will wait and see. But it is something I really want to do. I want to go back when I have something to give and feel I can contribute and be a big success.

When I was 15, 16, 17, starting out at Kilmarnock, the older pros like Alan Mahood and Garry Hay always had a lot of time for me when I was asking questions. If I can steer some guys in the right direction from my experiences - at Rangers challenging for trophies, going down to Everton and playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world - it is something I feel passionate about.

I wouldn't say any club is off limits, because it is more than just about money.

I am pretty relaxed about the situation. If the right move is there for me, I will know about it.

If not, I am comfortable with that as well. I would work as hard as I can at Norwich, believing in my ability, that I could potentially get back in the squad and then into the team.

'Manager has been honest with me'

If you ask any manager that has ever worked with me, they would all have a positive review of my attitude, what I bring to the squad. Whether I am the first name on the team sheet, or an unused sub, I have the same mentality in terms of being a real team player and trying to drive success.

The manager here has been honest with me. It is just circumstance. I am an experienced player who signed when the club were in the Premier League and now things have changed.

The manager has brought in players he believes in and feels they should be playing. I can't say a bad word about him or Stuart Webber, the director of football. I see him every day; we have some good chats.

This is just part of football. If something comes up that interests me and my family and suits Norwich then something might get done. But, when you take away the hustle and bustle of football, we are in such a privileged position. You have to enjoy it.

There are hard times, and times of uncertainty, but I would never move just for the sake of moving. I don't think that is a great idea for any player.

For 99% of footballers, it is a hobby that turned into a career. That is what you always have to remember.

Steven Naismith was speaking to BBC Scotland's Bryn Palmer

Edited by kfc_superteam

20 minutes ago, Chum said:

These I would say are the most interesting remarks in regards to this thread... and also our prospects of signing him.

There have been a lot of stories linking me with two of my old clubs, Kilmarnock and Rangers. I have not spoken to either of them, but I am not ruling out any clubs at this stage.”

“I wouldn't say any club is off limits, because it is more than just about money.

I am pretty relaxed about the situation. If the right move is there for me, I will know about it.”

Another interesting quote....

But it is more than just picking a club and going to them. It is about what the club is doing going forward? Is there something I can bring to the team? Can I maybe help along some of the youngsters?