The dud Killie strikers topic

Killieboykfc

Just now, PaulMcQ said:

He was clean through a couple of minutes into his debut (Dundee?) from memory.  It could all have been so different!! 

St Johnstone. Kevin McGowne hawfed him three times & was eventually sent off for it. 

Remember him doing an intense warm up for the semi. Looked absolutely shattered after it.

35 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

The top SPL scorer outwith the infirm  - I pity your under16 side.

No need for pity - Scottish Cup Finalists; Scottish Association of Boys' Clubs Cup winners; Strathclyde Cup winners; and dominated Ayrshire Boys football for about 6 seasons. 

Provided 3 players for Killie (2 of whom were never gonna make it and were usually our subs) and one, Andrew Brown, who would have been a superstar but broke his leg badly in about his 6th game for Killie and never made it back - unbelievable talent lost to the game.

11 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

A long list of guys so far that played a handful of games and then moved on.

What about those that were consistently mince over a prolonged period?

Perhaps this will prove controversial but there was no bigger disappointment for me than McCoist. Over-hyped and overweight for most of his time at RP - until, that is, he landed the part in the Robert Duvall film and then he shifted twa stane in about a month. Also, totally couldn’t bring himself to score against the Huns.

Apart from him, big Nishy was a shockingly limited footballer who wouldn’t have got a game for my U16 side.

Colin Nish was brilliant!

Were you one of those guys who hurled abuse at him as he knocked in his 15 goal of the season?

How I wish we still had a Nish in our team.

1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

Colin Nish was brilliant!

Were you one of those guys who hurled abuse at him as he knocked in his 15 goal of the season?

How I wish we still had a Nish in our team.

I never hurl abuse at any of our players but I got very frustrated by Nish - uncoordinated and I must have seen him miss about 40 absolute sitters in games for Killie. In the team we had at the time, he should have scored double the goals he did.

I did say it was a bit controversial.... ho hum.

1 minute ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

I never hurl abuse at any of our players but I got very frustrated by Nish - uncoordinated and I must have seen him miss about 40 absolute sitters in games for Killie. In the team we had at the time, he should have scored double the goals he did.

I did say it was a bit controversial.... ho hum.

He was in a team with Boyd and Naismith though. A young Boyd would never have squared a ball when there was a sight of goal.

I think if you have 3 players chipping in 15 goals each a season the blend must be right. I think the problem people had with Nish was he was 6 foot 3 or whatever but pretty tame in the air. I think it's similar to Peter Crouch down south who is another player I think was fabulous!!

8 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

No need for pity - Scottish Cup Finalists; Scottish Association of Boys' Clubs Cup winners; Strathclyde Cup winners; and dominated Ayrshire Boys football for about 6 seasons. 

Provided 3 players for Killie (2 of whom were never gonna make it and were usually our subs) and one, Andrew Brown, who would have been a superstar but broke his leg badly in about his 6th game for Killie and never made it back - unbelievable talent lost to the game.

Andy Brown?19 games 1 goal then went to Stranraer?

Just now, Bullitt said:

He was in a team with Boyd and Naismith though. A young Boyd would never have squared a ball when there was a sight of goal.

I think if you have 3 players chipping in 15 goals each a season the blend must be right. I think the problem people had with Nish was he was 6 foot 3 or whatever but pretty tame in the air. I think it's similar to Peter Crouch down south who is another player I think was fabulous!!

And I used the word "think" far too many times...

I'm like Charlie in SSN "sitting there thinking"

1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

I hear you. And I know it's a minority opinion but I just never rated him.

4 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

I was at the game Andy Brown broke his leg, v Partick Thistle at Rugby Park. A freezing cold day, the coldest I've ever been at a game, a drab 0-0, and a horrendous injury to one of our players. Not a good day.

Was there too. Maybe the cold air but heard the crack as clear as day. Horrible to see it happen to a mate..

Milton Thompson was one half of the Thompson Twins in a team which struggled to get out of the bottom tier at the time.

David Thompson was arguably the worse of the duo as we paid money for him. He came from Stirling Albion with the reputation as a goalscoring winger, including seven in a 20-0 Scottish Cup win over Selkirk. 

He turned out to be a big tumshie. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, CB said:

4 starts 3 subs according to fitba stats.

Four starts and three goals doesnae seem like a bad return on the face of it!

EDIT: after Skydog's post above guess it's quite possible all goals came in that 20-0!

Edited by aumgn