The dud Killie strikers topic

Killieboykfc

Colin Nish missed the biggest sitter I've ever seen at Rugby Park when he hit the post from 3 yards out against Hearts. Thankfully it didn't matter as we won the game. His heading ability for someone his size was average at best.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't have him anywhere near this list. Since I started watching Killie around 1980, the only players to have scored more goals than Nish are Boydie, Paul Wright and Ally Mitchell.

Joe Reid from the late 80's was mentioned earlier. He scored 15 goals in 35 games which includes 12 sub appearances which is impressive considering he was playing in such a poor team.

Aime Koudou would get my vote as the worst I've seen.

23 minutes ago, The Deserter said:

Colin Nish missed the biggest sitter I've ever seen at Rugby Park when he hit the post from 3 yards out against Hearts. Thankfully it didn't matter as we won the game.

Whisper it, but the legendary carpet fitter missed from closer in if I remember right was a promotion securing match.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, him and Graeme Owens.

That was 3 days before the Falkirk game. We were losing 1-0 at HT and basically down.

One of the best nights I've ever had following Killie. Something like 600+ Killie fans travelled and they never gave up. The scenes at the second goal will live with me forever.

Aye the celebration at the second goal was tremendous.

I was off work after knee surgery at that time and almost needed more after that goal! Those wee steps of the old terrace are lethal at pittodrie.

18 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Haha, well remembered. I'm sure if they'd filmed it at Broomfield he'd have rattled a bicycle kick off the underside of the bar first take.

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

...is the correct answer in my era of going to the games (1993-present) - undoubtedly made worse by the fact that we courted him for what seemed like years while he was banging them in at Dunfermline...only for him to arrive at Kilmarnock and play like a bag of spanners.

Poise, first touch, aerial threat, pace, a great haircut....Andy had none of these, lumbering his way to a single goal for Kilmarnock, which if I remember correctly was either a penalty, or the rebound from a penalty.  His best performance at Rugby Park would undoubtedly come the following year...for fictional side Kilnockie in the Scottish Cup in the bargain bucket fixture "A Shot at Glory".

4 hours ago, CB said:

Did it no take him umpteen takes to even do that? Simple ball in, head it past a keeper who would let it in.

I remember it took about 10 attempts but his best move was pulling down Dallas's (I think he was the ref) shorts just before he eventually scored. Probably why his son keeps taking our pants down when he ref's us......

Edited by Asasaid
Killie since conceived in '66

Im trying to remember a player from around 88/89, I think it was Tom McDonald , scored one cracker of a goal early in the season and then got punted to Stranraer or QOS as did  most of that team when Fleeting came along, we could have fielded a whole team of Toms, Tams and Tommys around that time so I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, The Deserter said:

Joe Reid from the late 80's was mentioned earlier. He scored 15 goals in 35 games which includes 12 sub appearances which is impressive considering he was playing in such a poor team.

Fair enough, I was possibly a bit harsh to include Joe. I used to stick up for him back in the day but I always think what he could’ve done if he wasn’t perpetually offside. And he signed at the same time as John McVeigh. Not a striker but pish nonetheless. 

I’m also mindful that no matter how bad these guys are perceived to be, they’ve done something most of us on here could only dream about. They played for Killie. 

Edited by Ycfc1922

3 minutes ago, Ycfc1922 said:

Fair enough, I was possibly a bit harsh to include Joe. I used to stick up for him back in the day but I always think what he could’ve done if he wasn’t perpetually offside. And he signed at the same time as John McVeigh. Not a striker but pish nonetheless 

Wasn't he more of a winger? I seem to remember him putting in a few decent crosses for Rusty.

On 03/01/2018 at 1:30 AM, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

A long list of guys so far that played a handful of games and then moved on.

What about those that were consistently mince over a prolonged period?

Perhaps this will prove controversial but there was no bigger disappointment for me than McCoist. Over-hyped and overweight for most of his time at RP - until, that is, he landed the part in the Robert Duvall film and then he shifted twa stane in about a month. Also, totally couldn’t bring himself to score against the Huns.

Apart from him, big Nishy was a shockingly limited footballer who wouldn’t have got a game for my U16 side.

Terrible post! McCoist doesn't deserve to be mentioned, and Nish certainly doesn't! There's only one or two strikers above him in the time I've been watching Killie. 

Good for about 15 goals a season, one of the top SPL scorers of all time, an absolute crazy addition to the thread!

18 hours ago, red_dug said:

Nobody for Gary Wales? All energy and zero talent. 

By no means the worst but worthy of a mention.

Also gave Celtic the league by handing them a last minute Nakamura free kick with a daft challenge

16 hours ago, Doonhamer said:

Kevin Kyle. Tried his best. I think his knees had gone along with his bank balance by the time he came to RP 

Whit? His goals saved us that season. 

Im throwing Nathan Tyson in. Utter mince. I know some folk say he was strong and did a lot of running, but I thought he was just all round clueless