Trump latest

Shropshire_killie

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The US electorate seem to suffer from some kind of mass hysterical failure of cognitive reason.

1) They have the worst problem with gun crime in any developed country in the world and possibly quite a few 3rd world countries also but very, very few of them are able to associate this problem with the fact that anybody, regardless of their state of mental health can simply walk into a Walmart and walk out with an array of semi-automatic assault weapons.

2) They seem to have some issue with healthcare being free at the point of need. It seems to be beyond simply undesirable and in some way indicative that their community is being poisoned with communism. They don't seem bothered about folks getting their arms and legs shot off by nutters but heaven forefend that anybody gets medical aid without paying. 

But this is the society that many in the UK seem to look up to with reverence.

You are wrong about Walmart. They stopped selling semi-automatic weapons in 2015 (I think) and you couldn't just walk out with a gun anyway, they have really stringent checks. Also, not all Walmart's sell guns, and they don't advertise which ones do, so it is not as easy as people seem to think.

That's not to say America doesn't have a massive gun crime problem, it does, but I don't think making stuff up about it is helpful. 

2 hours ago, KillieFanInToon said:

That's not to say America doesn't have a massive gun crime problem, it does, but I don't think making stuff up about it is helpful. 

Fair point. It appears that Walmart themselves have decided not to make gun purchase that easy since about 2015. So, it depends how determined you are and how legal you want to keep things. It also depends where you are. I know that in some places like New York it is actually quite difficult to own a gun legally while in other places like Texas it is much less regulated.

I still think the "black people being shot by police" issue is as much down to the police having a real fear and expectation that the person they are trying to interview /arrest / subdue has a gun as it is down to white police hating black civilians. And that expectation is born out of the availability of guns on the streets.  

On 8/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, gdevoy said:

Fair point. It appears that Walmart themselves have decided not to make gun purchase that easy since about 2015. So, it depends how determined you are and how legal you want to keep things. It also depends where you are. I know that in some places like New York it is actually quite difficult to own a gun legally while in other places like Texas it is much less regulated.

I still think the "black people being shot by police" issue is as much down to the police having a real fear and expectation that the person they are trying to interview /arrest / subdue has a gun as it is down to white police hating black civilians. And that expectation is born out of the availability of guns on the streets.  

When are those dumb americans going to wake up to that arsehole trump defending that 17 year old murderer and the publicity stunt of talking to the local police but not the poor guy shot by the police and finally taking the praise for sending the national guard to stop the town getting burned down in his words when it was the state Governer who called them in . This is the arse hole who is fanning all this racial trouble do the world a favour and vote this racist dick head into oblivation

4 minutes ago, Fudger said:

That’s some comparison, even by your standards. 

Made you bite.

But lets be honest,  we have the Mcleans who beleive every single thing wm says about Scotland, every single thing that any unionist broadcaster says about the SNP.

He is no different from the sheep in the US who live Trump.  He is abaolutely MTEGA.

Most normal people accept that Trump is a mysoginistic nut job who dribbles whatever pish appears in his tiny brain.

Likewise the vast majority if the SNP baad nonsense, which is broadcast and posted, in the media.

There is soo much fake news around and most of it comes from 'official' sources unfortunately and on both sides of the Atlantic.

12 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Made you bite.

But lets be honest,  we have the Mcleans who beleive every single thing wm says about Scotland, every single thing that any unionist broadcaster says about the SNP.

He is no different from the sheep in the US who live Trump.  He is abaolutely MTEGA.

Most normal people accept that Trump is a mysoginistic nut job who dribbles whatever pish appears in his tiny brain.

Likewise the vast majority if the SNP baad nonsense, which is broadcast and posted, in the media.

There is soo much fake news around and most of it comes from 'official' sources unfortunately and on both sides of the Atlantic.

How did we divert even a US politics thread into the oppression of the noble Scottish people ?

3 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

How did we divert even a US politics thread into the oppression of the noble Scottish people ?

Because that's where we are at in Scotland now. 

Dairy milks have shrunk in size but are still the same price........must be some blame we can attach to being part of the union OR maybe they would be more expensive if we were independent. I'm sure there's a debate to be had in there.... 

7 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Dairy milks have shrunk in size but are still the same price........must be some blame we can attach to being part of the union OR maybe they would be more expensive if we were independent. I'm sure there's a debate to be had in there.... 

that's mclean levels of childishness.

18 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Good point 

23 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

We didn't divert it  I used this to show a comparison between trumpites and Sxots who still.think the UK is a union of equals.  Their delusion is universal.

Trump encourages his followers to believe in mysterious malevolent dark forces pulling the strings of the mainstream meeja.

Suppose now we were to bring in an independent arbitrator, which side of the independence debate do you think they might say that was closest to?

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Trump encourages his followers to believe in mysterious malevolent dark forces pulling the strings of the mainstream meeja.

Suppose now we were to bring in an independent arbitrator, which side of the independence debate do you think they might say that was closest to?

Seeing as there were breaches of purdah, and admission on live TV of postal votes being opened and shared with the better together side. Thats before the also potential breaches of the BBC charter after it was found to have shown clear bias (by its won watchdog) and assisted one side with free studio space to create a fake unionidt grass roots group, is also considered.

I would say that an independent arbiter was potentially a good thing.  Ensuring both sides play by the rules  jo matter how loose or tight those rules may be.

Don't remember any potential electoral breaches by or the BBC handing free studio and editing space to the YES side.

12 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Don't remember any potential electoral breaches by or the BBC handing free studio and editing space to the YES side.

I agree the BBC is definitely not an independent arbitrator. They have a clear duty to suppirt the establishment and the rulling intelectual elite's pet cult projects.

But ....

I seem to remember Alex telling us it was all agreed we could walk straight into the EU. He had legal advice ...  and then he hadnae.

Then we would get a currency union ...  the  we couldnae.

Just a  couple of the works of fiction behind the YES campaign.

33 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree the BBC is definitely not an independent arbitrator. They have a clear duty to suppirt the establishment and the rulling intelectual elite's pet cult projects.

But ....

I seem to remember Alex telling us it was all agreed we could walk straight into the EU. He had legal advice ...  and then he hadnae.

That one I might concede to

Then we would get a currency union ...  the  we couldnae.

Sorry but this one is bollocks  even Mark Carney who was governor for the BoE said this was what would be the case as rUK couldn't afford to lose 10% of its GDP ehich backed sterling.  Youve gon e all lets just beleive wm here.

Just a  couple of the works of fiction behind the YES campaign.

So perhaps one...  none of those are in anyway equivalent to the electoral breaches perpetrated by the NO side.

Report card says capable of better based on thisnoke Devoy.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Sorry but this one is bollocks  even Mark Carney who was governor for the BoE said this was what would be the case as rUK couldn't afford to lose 10% of its GDP ehich backed sterling.  Youve gon e all lets just beleive wm here.

I'll concede the eventual outcome may well have been a currency union after some horse trading but Osborne burst Salmond's baw politically by "ruling it out". 

4 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I'll concede the eventual outcome may well have been a currency union after some horse trading but Osborne burst Salmond's baw politically by "ruling it out". 

Salmond was daft to allow, or the media were clever (and quick) to prey on, Osbourne refusing a currency union.  If they'd used another word apart from union, (eg partnership) it would have been less of a psychological sticking point for wavering No Voters backing the union in 2014.  Are clever them Tories, but Sterling is a convertible currency so anybody can use it. Whether, in the last 6 years, use of the £ was actually better than using the $, or €, in a strictly financial sense, is highly debatable, with Ireland now having an economy 68% bigger than Scotland.