Trump latest

Shropshire_killie

34 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Who is "you all"? Only one person replied and we don't speak for each other! You're not as clever as you think you are

Hit a nerve or something? 

I knew when I wrote 2014 “you all” (the nationalist stronghold in here) would jump on that and say 2021 or something similar. it’s not smart, just predictable. 

American politics really us a s**t show.

The fact that an American president can be accused publicly of calling the war dead "losers" and it gets any traction at all tells you something us not right.

If somebody, no matter how credible, accused BoJo of calling war dead losers the reaction would be for almost all the UK population to either disbelieve it or think it so completely out of character as to cause it to be ignored. A skip of the tongue, too much booze or not enough sleep. In short he would be at the least forgiven.

In the US, a significant part of the electorate believe Trump saud it and meant it. The country is in a bad place right now.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

The fact that an American president can be accused publicly of calling the war dead "losers" and it gets any traction at all tells you something us not right.

If somebody, no matter how credible, accused BoJo of calling war dead losers the reaction would be for almost all the UK population to either disbelieve it or think it so completely out of character as to cause it to be ignored. A skip of the tongue, too much booze or not enough sleep. In short he would be at the least forgiven.

In the US, a significant part of the electorate believe Trump saud it and meant it. The country is in a bad place right now.

The fish rots from the head

19 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It's twitter and 24h modern media need soundbites before it.  Trump wouldn't be anywhere near the presidency if it wasn't for his TV show.

I saw a good Youtube video explaining it. 

In UK the politics is a bit more ding dong, there's weekly PMQs or FMQs, so the rhetoric is a bit more considered opinion or debate, rather than adversarial childish rhetoric, as its not for 10 second clips or 140 characters like US politics.  We departed from this in the UK during Brexit and it was a ****ing mess as a result.

23 minutes ago, RAG said:

I saw a good Youtube video explaining it. 

I understand the basic concept that Trump's communication sounds like a spoilt primary school kid because that is the normal communication level of the bulk of the US electorate. And his petulant tweets and rants are what his supporters love and right on their level. 

The point several of his supporters try to make is that he is cleverly dumbing stuff down for his supporters but actually he is working on a much higher level. My problem with this is that I have never seen any evidence of this higher level in anything he says or does. I mean it's pretty amazing to keep his massive intellect so carefully concealed all the time.

He was going to build a border wall and make the Mexicans pay for it. So far nothing.

He was going to get a peace agreement with North Korea. Nothing.

He was going to teach those pesky Iranians a thing or two. It aint hapening.

His only claim to sucess is a booming economy due to deregulation and that has been blown out of the water by covid. 

US racial tension has reared its ugly head again (it is never far below the surface) and it seems that trump is hoping to fan this into something to get him re-elected in a bath of US blood. It is ugly, and getting uglier, just like everything near him. 

Some media outlets reporting that US Vice President Pence to attend a Q-ANON rally in Montana tomorrow, organised by Q-ANON's "backers".

For absolute clarity from Wikipedia "QAnon[a] (/kjəˈnɒn/) is a far-right conspiracy theory[2][3][4][5][6][7] alleging that a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring is plotting against President Donald Trump, who is battling them,[8] leading to a "day of reckoning" involving the mass arrest of journalists and politicians.[9] No part of the theory is based on fact"

Edited by KenVaagen1984

22 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

BBC reporting that US Vice President Pence to attend, in his official capacity, a Q-ANON rally in Montana tomorrow, organised by Q-ANON's "backers".

Cant find this on the BBC. All I can find us a Guardian article saying Pence will attend a fundraiser organised by a couple of QAnon adherents. 

Never the less Trump has not done anything to distance himself from these bats**t nutters. Well he is clearly not going to get any more support from anybody rational.

5 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Cant find this on the BBC. All I can find us a Guardian article saying Pence will attend a fundraiser organised by a couple of QAnon adherents. 

Cheers I have corrected that. Was not BBC it was US NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/pence-trump-campaign-aides-attend-rally-hosted-qanon-supporters-n1239731

Edited by KenVaagen1984

18 minutes ago, Scooter said:

A QAnon conspiracy buff has already won the GOP nomination for a US House seat in Georgia, despite her promotion of these crackpot theories ... It's like a religion.

Cynical, but smart move from the Trump campaign.  Pitting the 2 sides of the current US culture war against each other.  It's politics of the lowest common denominator.  I'd be convinced Trump would lose against a better candidate, but to me, Biden is the worst Democratic candidate in 30+ years. Despite appearing on balance to be a decent guy, for someone running for president.  Biden doesn't have the presidential 'star' quality of Trump.  He's a politician, not a TV star.  US elections since JFK famously beat Nixon on the TV, when radio listeners thought Nixon won it hands down, are based (mostly) on who looks good on the telly.  

We experimented with this in UK with Blair and Oasis at number 10 in the 90s.  Now have BoJo, Former Have I Got News For You Host as PM with a stinking great majority.  But as well all know, in our parliamentary democracy, outside of GE's, TV star quality, counts for f. all in British politics - ask Blair, or Boris in a couple of years. 

Edited by RAG

56 minutes ago, RAG said:

... to me, Biden is the worst Democratic candidate in 30+ years. 

He probably is but, on the face of it, a steaming pile of horse s**t should be good enough to beat Trump. 

Trump shouldn’t even be eligible for re-election but, unfortunately, there’s plenty of Americans who will vote for him. 

We can only hope that Good will triumph over Evil or the world will be even more f**ked up in the next four years than it is now. 

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

We can only hope that Good will triumph over Evil or the world will be even more f**ked up in the next four years than it is now. 

I read somewhere at some point in 2020s ,China will overtake US as the worlds biggest economy.  

The next presidential election, if Covid brings that Chinese economic dominance forward to the mid 2020s, could be even more divisive and messed up than we can possibly imagine.

Trump will coast it I think.White Americans  all believe he hates black people, and that’s probably enough for them to vote for him en masse. 

it is frightening though that a mainstream party is prepared to endorse stuff like Q-anon which is just a hotch potch of far right rubbish.

if Trump does win, does that mean he has to follow through by rounding up and jailing all opposition politicians and journalists?

Edited by KenVaagen1984

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg now sadly gone from the US Supreme Court...

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

...just watch the scramble to get another conservative in before the election! o.O

A bit of duplicity by Mitch McConnell here , the Senate denied Obama appointing a Supreme Court judge with the excuse that it was before an election, but is now all for Trump doing so . 

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

A bit of duplicity by Mitch McConnell here , the Senate denied Obama appointing a Supreme Court judge with the excuse that it was before an election, but is now all for Trump doing so . 

Typical conservative then! 9_9

He couldn’t care less about hypocrisy, he's been waiting for RBG to pop her clogs for months. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's got a cunning plan but all depends what serves his own interests best.

Hilarious levels of hypocracy in the US as the most morally bankrupt president in living memory appeals to his own suppirt base by stacking the Supreme court with "conservatives". That's code for white, gun loving allegedly Cristian nutjob bigots.

Funny how you can only be a "Christian" in the US if you are white and don't believe in universal health care. Do you think we should tell them Jesus was a but dusky?

16 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Hilarious levels of hypocracy in the US as the most morally bankrupt president in living memory appeals to his own suppirt base by stacking the Supreme court with "conservatives". That's code for white, gun loving allegedly Cristian nutjob bigots.

Funny how you can only be a "Christian" in the US if you are white and don't believe in universal health care. Do you think we should tell them Jesus was a but dusky?

Yip Gods own country a country is judged on the basis of a civiilised nation looking after the health of its own citizens and this so called christian now has the power to influence medi care for the poor a hypocript in tango with tango man abhorrent

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Donald Trump 'paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017' - NY Times

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54319948

It's all fake news though, never saw that comming...........

If its Fake news, f**king prove it you corrupt wigged permatanned mysoginisyic racist narcissistic bellend.  Should be the reply.