On this day in 1998... Bully stops 10 in a row

CB

Had to walk back to the underground that day...sun was out, so only had a T-shirt and scarf (with nowhere to hide it). Wasn't looking forward to it, to say the least, though obviously beaming about the result....the outcome- Rangers fans coming up to me say 'well done, your team deserved to win that'...no problems whatsoever.

Great result,performance, and team we had at that time.

We really did have some great players in these days. I remember taking my younger son into the ground early to watch Pat Nevin do a floor show of keepy uppy's. He got a hamster and called it Jerome! Remember the legend on the scoreboard "You've been stopped by the Marshall".

When I compare that with the dross we have been served in recent years, it shows the extent of decline. In those days we had Jim Moffat. I always felt that everything would OK with him involved. Sadly his son was not cut from the same cloth and the start of the downturn coincided with his involvement. Jim Moffat always knew how to manage a customer driven operation.

This has been the key failing with MJ - he just cannot get on with people. He must go now.

I wasn't there but listened to it on Clyde 2, (remember those days?), even Derek Johnston couldn't believe the amount of injury time being played. I seem to remember something like "I don't know where this injury time is coming from" 

Well seen it was Tait's last game in charge. Blue nosed barsteward cnut >:(.

Magnificent. Was there with Big Ron (a Hun). Went ballistic. Living in Partick at the time and went for Subway back but by the time we got to Govan station the subway had developed a 'technical fault' which the orcs blamed on Fen*** b***** staff. Joy of joys had to walk through Clyde tunnel  with 100s of grumbling Huns. To wind big Ron up went to the Smiddy for a refreshment. Celtic fans saw the Killie scarf and bought me drink all night. Ally Mitchell legend. 

Great clip & as everyone has said great memories but makes you realise how far we have fallen as the quality of players we & even the current buns had was way aboce what is on display now. Scottish fitba really is pesh these days.

To have the llikes of Monty & Bully in recent years

This was my day. Brings tears to my eyes. This was my wedding day at Costley's Lochgreen Hotel. What a feeling for our very own John Barnes to inform us at the end of the formalities that my favourite player(Bully) not only had scored the winning goal but had stopped the 10 in a row. Boy has it been downhill from then. The executive management from this era has to take some responsibility for our current predicament as to our gross overspending during this period although that does not in any way deflect from the culpable responsibility for the last 10 years of mismanagement by our incumbent club secretary/chairman. Nothing controversial intended just wanted to express how positive I felt at this point where we thought anything was possible (a bit like Ally McLeod with Scotland1978) compared to where we are now which is desperately trying to remain positive without really believing.