Songs

Prahakillie

4 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

mate, you are flogging a dead horse. No matter what reasoning or understanding, calling anoyone a black b****** these days, no matter the local meanings, is not acceptable

Another do-gooder with nought better to do, away and add value to something in yer life instead of picking minute faults with insignificant football chants which are really sport with opposing fans. Good grief!!

3 hours ago, BILL97 said:

I detest the song and refuse to sing it. I noticed at Easter Rd on Saturday there were a lot around us that weren't singing it also which I took as it's not universally popular amongst the Killie support.

I live/work in Aberdeen and it's shooty-in for Dons fans (and everybody else outside Sevco). "Are you Rangers in disguise?" etc Fvk OFF !!!

I was black-affrontit when the Huns jined in at TTOP wae Killie/Billy Boys the other week. 

Black is a legitimate word. "Black Bastards" is NOT GOOD. 

So, the evidence so far M'Lud, is Killie leave themselves open to accusations of bigotry and racism every time Killie fans sing this keech. Guilty as charged. Not Good.

"After the war, in parts of the southern United States, and particularly in Georgia, the song came to symbolize the devastation and political domination the Union wrought upon the Confederacy and southern U.S. states during the war." Nice. So, just tae add tae the bigotry and sectarianism throw in Unionist triumphalism (did ye see what I did there?) based on killing people, burning their homes and devastating an economy which has never recovered. What's not to like ? .

May I respectfully suggest that our Supporters Trust or similar take a vote (somehow) from every Killie fan on banning the embarrassing bigoted, sectarian , triumphalist party song from TTOP, as a start point ?.  

More absolute utter bunkum.

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Yes, yes it is a coincidence. It's the west coast of Scotland. When I walk down Buchanan Street I could count in one hand the number or people who are not white.

I wouldnt agree with that but Killie aren't alone in failing to attract many fans from ethnic minority groups. Still, they did get an Australian at the weekend so that's a start. 

5 hours ago, BILL97 said:

I detest the song and refuse to sing it. I noticed at Easter Rd on Saturday there were a lot around us that weren't singing it also which I took as it's not universally popular amongst the Killie support.

The real question though is how many singers/non singers where actual supporters

As has been mentioned on another thread how many of each group had on a wee pin badge/strip/full kit to make sure everyone knows they are true Killie folk or if they were just pretending?

Without this information I don't think we can proceed with the arguement.

I must admit I don't sing the Hello, Hello song because I think it is a Rangers song (puts on tin hat). I know we have sung it for years and the words are different, and you can state all the historical sources for the song all you want, but it is most certainly associated specifically with Rangers. Others can sing it if they want, that's up to them, people should make their own mind up rather than forcing 'political correctness' on others.

14 minutes ago, CardinalSpin said:

I must admit I don't sing the Hello, Hello song because I think it is a Rangers song (puts on tin hat). I know we have sung it for years and the words are different, and you can state all the historical sources for the song all you want, but it is most certainly associated specifically with Rangers. Others can sing it if they want, that's up to them, people should make their own mind up rather than forcing 'political correctness' on others.

Do you think the same when you hear Man United singing it?

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Do you think the same when you hear Man United singing it?

Or celtic for that matter. Perhaps not so much nowadays. But about 30 odd years ago, and further back, a group of them would sing about being the 'Tim Malloys' to that tune.

22 minutes ago, CB said:

Or celtic for that matter. Perhaps not so much nowadays. But about 30 odd years ago, and further back, a group of them would sing about being the 'Tim Malloys' to that tune.

It's cos The Billy Boys is actually a Glasgow razor gang song from the 1930s. Originally sung in honour of Billy Fullarton, protestant gang leader and founding member of the Glasgow branch of the British Union of Fascists in WW2.

32 minutes ago, RAG said:

It's cos The Billy Boys is actually a Glasgow razor gang song from the 1930s. Originally sung in honour of Billy Fullarton, protestant gang leader and founding member of the Glasgow branch of the British Union of Fascists in WW2.

You, as a Kilmarnock supporter, know that it's not a Rangers song and that we aren't singing anything to do with the Billy Boys so the history of what they sing isn't even nearly relevant.

I've never really given much thought to their version but I always just assumed it was a reference to King Billy.

Edited by Fletch