Aberdeen Away

Mister Y

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

Have you been up there recently? High employment and good jobs are quickly going to pot. Lots restaurants/bars/B&B's closing that used to cater for oil industry. The days of Aberdeen being the rich city are running out, just like the oil in North Sea

Yeah I have been up a few times, once with Killie , three or four times with work, if you head out to Westhills where the sheep are building their new ground there are many companies still thriving, the skills held by many up there allow them to move around making a helluva lot of money, whilst the hourly rates up there in general swamp anything down here.

40 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Yeah I have been up a few times, once with Killie , three or four times with work, if you head out to Westhills where the sheep are building their new ground there are many companies still thriving, the skills held by many up there allow them to move around making a helluva lot of money, whilst the hourly rates up there in general swamp anything down here.

yeah, but they aren't getting the footfall of offshore workers coming through using B&Bs, pubs etc. Some businesses are thriving, but others are suffering majorly. I go up there twice a month with work, overnight stays, and that sector is in sharp decline

2 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

yeah, but they aren't getting the footfall of offshore workers coming through using B&Bs, pubs etc. Some businesses are thriving, but others are suffering majorly. I go up there twice a month with work, overnight stays, and that sector is in sharp decline

The guid news is the bstd taxi drivers huv hud tae drap their prices. They'd been screwing the locals for years but now huv tae wise up. Massively entertaining tae be picked up at the airport and ask, wae a straight face, how things are......

I'm here in Aberdeen every week Monday to Friday, working in the AWPR (by pass ) I can confirm with the damn traffic it's evidence, there is still lots of money here in the city and out in the shire. The Don fans in the office are looking forward to Saturday with the visit of Steve Clarke' blue and white army . Should be some game.

Looking forward to this one - Pittodrie debut for me. 

Think we can take a point, Clarke has the team better organised and harder to beat than when we played the dons at RP and I doubt he will let the team get off to such a slow start!!

Their midweek game against Sevco should give us a wee bit of an edge too. 

:hurrah:

Been a few times in my youuf but 3 hours there and 3 hours back puts it in the "too far unless its a special game" category for me.

Best of luck and a safe journey to all the hardy souls making the pilgrimage.

Cant see anything but a really tough game but with SC all things are possible.

11 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Been once, 10/11 season. Got there late, got soaked in stadium coz side of stand was open, scudded 5-0, then bus broke down 3 times on way home. Didnt get back till half 11. Great day out. xD

Barring the result, that's one of the best days out I've had watching us!

We had a full 50 seater from Burns with 20 Germans on it. Was like a Disco on the way home.....we were flying under Mixu and everyone knew that game was just a blip so we weren't too down about the score.

32 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Is joe lewis likely to be playing for them? Sounded a bad one he got last night. 

Last time his deputy faced us we stuck 4 past him in the playoff final. I fancy a score draw. Boydy scoring late and doing his fatty celebration at the beach end.

Don't think so - was a suspected fracture Aberdeen have said nothing is broken.

Can't see him making Saturday if it was bad to make them think that.

19 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Been a few times in my youuf but 3 hours there and 3 hours back puts it in the "too far unless its a special game" category for me.

Best of luck and a safe journey to all the hardy souls making the pilgrimage.

Cant see anything but a really tough game but with SC all things are possible.

It's motorway all the way on the bus and the train up is only two hours.  Used to be my favourite away day. Looking forward to the game

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Team for up there . Do we stick to same as last week . 

I would go for .

Macdonald 

Sod Broadfoot Findlay Taylor 

Power Dicker 

Mckenzie Mulumbu Jones 

Boyd

subs 

Brophy, Kiltie, Burke ,Erwin , Frizzell ,Boyd ,Bell

I think that's the wee problem SC has these days - fitting Power, Dicker and Mulumbu into the same midfield as they are all best playing in the centre and defensively - although I think Mulumbu has played further forward in his career. We've obviously done incredibly well with them all in the team though. I still wouldn't be playing Boyd as a loan striker even with support from McKenzie and Jones. I thought that was the problem at Easter Road when we couldn't get out. None of our strikers are particularly suited to a lone striker role; Brophy might be best suited and if we're going for a more defensive shape I'd give him the gig upfront rather than Boyd.