Killie Trust support for KFC EGM

CardinalSpin

In my opinion, the Killie Trust should be supporting the call for a KFC EGM for the vote of no confidence in Michael Johnston. It is up to us, the members of the Trust to advise the Trust Board on the views of the membership. According to the Trust Rules:

31. The Secretary, at the request of the Board of Directors may convene a general meeting of the Society. The purpose of the general meeting shall be stated in the application and notice of the meeting.

32.    The Board of Directors upon an application by not less than 20 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the greater, delivered to the Society's registered office, shall convene a general meeting. The purpose of the special general meeting shall be stated in the application and notice of the meeting. No business other than that stated in the notice of the meeting shall be conducted at the meeting.

33.    A special general meeting called in response to a members' requisition must be held within 28 days of the date on which the requisition is delivered to the registered office. The meeting is not to transact any business other than that set out in the requisition and the notice convening the meeting.    ·

If you are a member of the Killie Trust and wish them to support the call for a Kimarnock FC EGM, then please contact me on [email protected]

If the required number of members respond then we will formally request the meeting where the membership can vote on this.

It would make more sense for the Trust to take a watching brief on this IMO.
We are closer than we've ever been to getting community & fan representation on the board and as much as I hope MJ's stay is coming to an end, we need to plan for the eventuality that it isn't and that means not weakening the Trusts current position.
We can surely get the required number of shareholders & shares without needing the Trust at this stage?

8 minutes ago, Tonzer said:

It would make more sense for the Trust to take a watching brief on this IMO.
We are closer than we've ever been to getting community & fan representation on the board and as much as I hope MJ's stay is coming to an end, we need to plan for the eventuality that it isn't and that means not weakening the Trusts current position.
We can surely get the required number of shareholders & shares without needing the Trust at this stage?

5% of the shareholding is 250,000

Having the trust on board would see us surpass that. I don't see why they can't agree to support an EGM and continue with their plan to invest. 

I'd say supporting the former would be a catalyst to gain fan support to raise the 100k needed......

So far, more members have supported Tonzer's view to me than SH's but nobody has pressed the buttons on the process as the goodly Cardinal outlines. We are an open, democratic and transparent organisation and an EGM would allow informed debate on the subject and if you both rejoined, you could be part of this process. This is obviously a very important time for our Club. It would be great if everyone uniting behind SH's EGM call joined the Trust too.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

5% of the shareholding is 250,000

Having the trust on board would see us surpass that. I don't see why they can't agree to support an EGM and continue with their plan to invest. 

I'd say supporting the former would be a catalyst to gain fan support to raise the 100k needed......

agree ! surely in trusts interest as well to help call for one, or have they other motives  

We need to stay united and stop any sniping at the trust board now. I have been in constant contact with Gary and the board since SH and I kicked this off. They cannot just support us without the support of their membership even if they wanted to. I hope we can do it without them and waiting on a trust ballot could hold is up. We are nearly there so please don't start criticising the trust, they are a vital part of our fight for our club. 

If you are a trust member and feel passionately about this please contact them privately. If you are not and feel passionately about them supporting us then join up and make it happen don't stand back and throw stones at them.

#MJOUT

Thanks Woodstock, as you rightly point out the Trust are a democratic organisation and the members have a say on a one person one vote basis. As for holding up the club EGM, the Trust rules state only that the meeting must be held within 28 days, so an early meeting would be possible/desirable. I would strongly urge others to join the Trust and make their voice heard.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I believe you're right but a director who lost a vote of no confidence and only clung on thanks to an amendment in the constitution which he himself inserted is unlikely to last long. 

Correct - especially when the other 4 directors are bankrolling the club just now with their own money......

5 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

is Jim Mann still a director ----thought the announcement was that he was stepping down as of the date of the AGM or was it at end of current season ?

Suppose --now off the Board he could support the EGM  !!

Jim Mann will have the normal Gagging Order in leaving the club that everyone else seems to have. There must be nice pay offs for these folk to keep them schtum.

4 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Jim Mann will have the normal Gagging Order in leaving the club that everyone else seems to have. There must be nice pay offs for these folk to keep them schtum.

Strange that Woodstock doesn't appear to have a gagging clause. You appear to be talking nonsense. Ask Woodstock and Jim Mann about  their "nice pay-offs". You might find that they are both out of pocket.

Edited by Dennykillie

1 hour ago, Dennykillie said:

Strange that Woodstock doesn't appear to have a gagging clause. You appear to be talking nonsense. Ask Woodstock and Jim Mann about  their "nice pay-offs". You might find that they are both out of pocket.

That why none of the previous managers and other members of club staff and previous directors have been unable to talk about their time at the club. Billy Brown even said so on the radio recently

These non-disclosure or gagging orders really piss me off.

I can understand big companies using them to prevent important information getting out, like KFC's famous handwritten recipe or a new engine design. 

MJ seems to use them to make sure no-one finds out how the club is actually being run.

10 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

What would having an EGM result in? We need a consortium to buy out MJ and BB, there won't be many takers on that front, especially if an early sales triggers clauses in payments due paid back to bank over the debt clearance agreement.

As far as I am aware it is only MJ we want rid of, I do not believe for one minute it is in the clubs best interest for BB to go, I do believe that he has been duped by MJ, and much of the bad press he is getting is probably not due to anything he has deliberately done!

Thing is though that regardless of what happens, BB and MJ are business partners now in an ongoing concern outwith the football club. The hope is of course that Bowie will see that continuing with MJ at the club is toxic and be the "hero". I'd say there's a reasonable chance of that as I think his ego is astonishingly huge and he'll want to be the big man, but I'm unsure where to what extent he'd want to damage his relationship with the lawyer. Much as he's plunged money into the club, I'm still strongly of the belief that by hook or by crook, his investment went a long way to burying positive, fan-led moves forward for the club.

The reality is none of us knows how Bowie thinks...the opinions above are simply that - your projections of your own thinking.

Money is the only thing that talks to people like Bowie...NOTHING else so stop kidding yourselves on that he has a conscience or cares what we think about MJ!