How our summer signings have fared

skygod

According to Craig Fowler in The Scotsman.

ALEX SAMIZADEH - Young striker has not featured since August. Hasn't impressed in Development League. (3/10)

DOM THOMAS - Showed flashes at the beginning of the season but has largely played back-up to Jordan Jones. (6/10)

DANIEL HIGGINS - Teenager has played only once, in the League Cup, so far this term. (4/10)

GORDON GREER - Has epitomised calmness and composure at the heart of the defence. (8/10)

CAMMY BELL - Signing a pricey veteran to back-up Jamie MacDonald looked an odd move from the start. Has not played. (3/10)

LEE ERWIN - Signed to lead the line but has slipped to third in the pecking order. Has only scored three in 22 games. (4/10)

STUART FINDLAY - Has been reliable cover at centre-back and a defensively sound option at left-back. (6/10)

CALUM WATERS - The 21-year-old has featured six times, playing in defence and midfield. Prospect. (5/10)

KIRK BROADFOOT - One of many players who took a while to get started. Has since been rock solid at centre-back. (8/10)

CHRIS BURKE - Veteran has been a dependable squad player. Will be remembered for injury-time leveller at Ibrox. (6/10)

STEPHEN O'DONNELL - Took a while to get up to speed but has been an effective attacking full-back in recent months. (7/10)

EAMONN BROPHY - Took a while to break into the team but has been excellent since the start of December. (7/10)

ALAN POWER - Dreadful beginning to his Killie career but has improved tremendously. Reliable and robust centre-mid. (8/10)

Surprised Thomas gets a 6, I think Burke has contributed more and gets the same mark, and I would also give Brophy an 8, not just for his own performances but for the effect having him in the team has had on Kris Boyd ( although that credit is also due to Sir Steve!).  The other thing about those two is Thomas came into the team looking like he was going to have a huge impact on the team and has faded alarmingly.  Whereas Brophy struggled to get into the team, but since SC has arrived he has obviously been listening and working hard to get his chance and has seized it with both hands.  

He’s very generous with his marks but the comments are spot on. How can you give Bell 3/10 when he has done heehaw. Is it points for his performances in the warm up. Samizadeh, Thomas, Higgins and Waters could all probably drop a mark or two based on their contribution to the first team. Have Samizadeh and Higgins picked up in the development squad lately. Samizadeh certainly seems to be finding the net more. 

1 hour ago, killiebythesea said:

Surprised Thomas gets a 6, I think Burke has contributed more and gets the same mark, and I would also give Brophy an 8, not just for his own performances but for the effect having him in the team has had on Kris Boyd ( although that credit is also due to Sir Steve!).  The other thing about those two is Thomas came into the team looking like he was going to have a huge impact on the team and has faded alarmingly.  Whereas Brophy struggled to get into the team, but since SC has arrived he has obviously been listening and working hard to get his chance and has seized it with both hands.  

I’d agree with that. Pretty fair article over all but for me as well Burke has been more effective than Thomas especially his final ball. In fact let’s face it Burke has been more effective than Jones when it comes to final ball. The difference in Brophy is incredible and again I’d agree with your 8.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

He’s very generous with his marks but the comments are spot on. How can you give Bell 3/10 when he has done heehaw. Is it points for his performances in the warm up. Samizadeh, Thomas, Higgins and Waters could all probably drop a mark or two based on their contribution to the first team. Have Samizadeh and Higgins picked up in the development squad lately. Samizadeh certainly seems to be finding the net more. 

Careful I got 3 red cards for saying Bell was getting paid for nothing as he was injured when he signed hahaha 3 out of 10 and never touched a ball oh dear.

I’m a Bell fan and I’ve made my feelings known about who would be my first choice between him and Jamie. You can’t seriously give someone 3/10 when they’ve played one development game since signing. If Bell gets 3/10 are we supposed to take 3points off everyone else to get a truer reflection of his scores. That doesn’t add up because other scores are reflective of performance

fair assessment overall, I'm still holding out hope Samizadeh will develop into a first team player. Seems to show the odd flash of brilliance in front of goal from the vidoes put up online. Would like to see Waters and Higgins gain more first team experience out on loan.

Never thought I'dhear myself say this but I'm turning into a massive Chris Burke fanboy. Experience visible in everything he does, an absolute masterclass in tailoring your game to suit physical...developments let's say.

If he conducts himself in training and the dressing room the way he does on the pitch, then he's a massive asset for the young players in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Never thought I'dhear myself say this but I'm turning into a massive Chris Burke fanboy. Experience visible in everything he does, an absolute masterclass in tailoring your game to suit physical...developments let's say.

If he conducts himself in training and the dressing room the way he does on the pitch, then he's a massive asset for the young players in the squad. 

Totally agree. I wasn’t that bothered when he arrived. However his last ball especially is quality. Great experience to have in the squad.