Dons away 27/01 Fred

CB

• CB unpinned this topic
16 minutes ago, KA9Killie said:

Cracks beginning to appear. Despite Clarke's alleged contacts, very little activity in the transfer window to plug the obvious deficiencies in the team. Like Kenny Shiels, Steve Clarke is a very good assistant manager who apparently can't handle the top job. Maybe we should have stuck with Lee McCulloch and given him time to get his signings settled in properly.

Ayr fan trolling me thinks

Midfield with Jones AND MacKenzie is just too weak against the better teams in the league. 

Also think Findlay a better option at centre half than S Boyd. 

Much as I like Greg Taylor, sometimes I think we could do with a stronger left back. 

McGinn’s goal was pretty embarrassing. Running that distance unchallenged and then almost ushering him into a position where he had a perfect angle to shoot. 

I don’t necessarily think we need to strengthen to avoid relegation, but we definitely need to strengthen to challenge further up the table. 

We were always going to hit a dip after such a fantastic December, but I’m sure it is just a dip and not the start of a decline. Nows not the time to panic. Or start criticising SC.

Oh, and can I also add....I feckin HATE Aberdeen. 

23 minutes ago, KA9Killie said:

Cracks beginning to appear. Despite Clarke's alleged contacts, very little activity in the transfer window to plug the obvious deficiencies in the team. Like Kenny Shiels, Steve Clarke is a very good assistant manager who apparently can't handle the top job. Maybe we should have stuck with Lee McCulloch and given him time to get his signings settled in properly.

Next joke. Absolute rocket.

We lost a game , first in a long while and away to a team near top of the league .........no need for any knee jerk reactions and I'm sure SC will learn a few more things about his team after a defeat.......

in regard to signings been bit suprised  that the Manager has not made any additions (as yet) in this window.......

Disappointing result and we just can't seem to beat Aberdeen. I thought we might have held on for something in the second half, but it obviously wasn't to be. I don't think there is any reason to be totally despondent- to state the obvious, we've lost games before and I'm afraid to say we will lose games again. That's football. :hurrah:

12 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Maybe some activity now required in this window, as long as it isn't a JJ 23:59 move to Sevco with no chance of a replacement.

I agree, but where are we going to get the money to make any signings if no one goes out? The only 'new' revenue stream the club have with the lack of home games will be the trust in Killie money, maybe if more fans paid into that we'd have some funds for Steve Clarke to bolster the squad. We can't moan about the lack of transfer activity and then fail to turn up in numbers or pay into the club via trust in Killie. 200 odd fans can see this, a helluva lot more apparently can't.

50 minutes ago, KA9Killie said:

Roaster!

Regardless of if we pay into trust atm or not it won’t affect this transfer window as they won’t submit money till they have the full allocation . More likely to be months down the line . I think fans are turning out well and following the team allover country . Club should be making arrangements to loan some out and look to release some players not involved . Loans from

england with Clarke’s contacts could be done without contributing much of a fee . 

Think we missed Power in the second half, i would assume that change was forced, not tactical and hope that he will be back next week. In the second half we weren’t bringing the ball out from the back enough and let hem dictate the game. The long ball suited Aberdeen and they made us pay for it in my opinion.

I can’t be too critical til i see them again but thought McDonald could have done better for the goals, (although the second was a thunderb*st*rd) but will accept that it is hard to tell from where we were sat. Jones again showing he has no end product despite being a dangerous out ball.

This will likely spur a few changes next week hopefully and we’ll hopefully see a refreshed team. Onwards and upwards, bring on Celtic next week. 

1 minute ago, Chum said:

Think we missed Power in the second half, i would assume that change was forced, not tactical and hope that he will be back next week. In the second half we weren’t bringing the ball out from the back enough and let hem dictate the game. The long ball suited Aberdeen and they made us pay for it in my opinion.

I can’t be too critical til i see them again but thought McDonald could have done better for the goals, (although the second was a thunderb*st*rd) but will accept that it is hard to tell from where we were sat. Jones again showing he has no end product despite being a dangerous out ball.

This will likely spur a few changes next week hopefully and we’ll hopefully see a refreshed team. Onwards and upwards, bring on Celtic next week. 

How did Erwin coming on change things? Was it a total change in formation or did McKenzie move into Powers role and Erwin play where he was? Bringing Erwin on to me didn’t make sense. Findlay to LB and Taylor to CM or Kiltie/Brophy taking McKenzies place seemed more obvious. I missed last week but what I’ve seen of Erwin he’s just a laser version of Boyd when he was at his worst.

We look depleted and down to the bare bones with only a couple of knocks. There is no midfielder similar to Dicker or Power should they be injured or struggling. Everyone else seems to be more attack minded and not as keen/capable of doing the dirty work. CB again we look short. Greer is injured with no word on timescale. If something happens to any of the other three we are struggling. This year we can’t afford to move Dicker from the midfield. 

Aye today was always going to be a tough one and we shouldn’t dwell on it. They have the 3rd biggest budget and are positioned accordingly. I still think we can and will beat everyone below us. Pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and move on. No need to panic and I would rather any additions were of sufficient quality rather than quantity. That I trust Clarke to do. 

1 hour ago, KA9Killie said:

31 red cards and counting around an hour after posting. Heading towards the record books this one xD

1 minute ago, piffer said:

How did Erwin coming on change things?

Erwin came on at kind of right midfield playing off boyd, Mckenzie and was poor until he was moved into the middle when Boyd came off. Boyd wasn’t great today but again we were playing the log ball too much which doesn’t suit him. Same goes for Erwin although he didn’t do too much with it even when we started to do so, albeit briefly.