Dons away 27/01 Fred

CB

I’ve certainly seen us play worse at Pittodrie. First half felt really good; midfield was dominant and we looked defensively sound. 

Obviously, when Power come off we lost the dominance and confidence we had. Erwin was poor when he come on.

Gary Dicker has been great so far this season but had a poor second half today.

Also, Jordon Jones needs to stamp out the diving part of his game. That’s at least twice I’ve seen him do it. 

Anyway, I’m sure Clarke will have us sorted out for next weekend. 

Just saw the second goal. I don’t think he’d have had much chance but MacDonalds positioning is all wrong. He’s more towards his right post when they have the ball down our left. As the ball comes in central he doesn’t adjust his position the boys found a beauty of a strike but he’s got plenty of goal to aim at. 

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

Well that summary of the reason for the goal completely admonishes any of the other 10 outfield players from any of the blame doesn't it?

Doesn’t admonish anyone. Midfield and forward line should have closed the lad down. It’s criminal giving a CB that much room to move into your own half of the pitch. The boys hit a cracker. Jamie is not at fault for not stopping it. I’m wondering why he didn’t adjust his position though as the ball moved inside and if he had would the boy have had the balls to shoot from that distance. 

3 hours ago, Boabkfc19 said:

I just watched the game on alba I didn't think we played that bad granted we were slow at the start of the 2nd but we played well in spells. Unlucky with a few chances and there young keeper played well also. Jones really needs to find a final ball at times.. 

Jones cant play a final ball thats why he is at killie

3 hours ago, historyman said:

Just watched the match and as others have said it was a very strange substitution at half time. Clarke really seems to want to give Erwin a chance but when he's on the park it doesn't do anything to deserve it and he didn't look too clever at their first goal.

It looked like we might be able to sneak an equaliser but Dicker giving the ball away for the third was criminal and then he couldn't even catch McGinn who was running with the ball. O'Donnell should have taken him out before he shot as well. 

Disappointing when we were in such a good position at half-time. There are quite a few who didn't perform well enough today.  

Was that not the same with the hibs game to?

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

BINGO. the first official criticism and the use of " Clarke "......it's taken a while. 

We weren't that bad. Lost Power and our concentration at the start of the second half. We have an average squad, and Sir Steve has wrung the best out of them so far, but we need a couple of new faces. We will not markedly improve our situation in the medium term without a bigger budget. For that we need bigger home gates and far more people contributing to a TiK. That's just common sense. 

So we're only allowed to be critical if the name is along the lines of locke, Johnstone or McCulloch? Bringing on Erwin was baffling at the time and proved to be costly in the end. I have been singing clarkes praises at any opportunity and still will but he made a bad decision. Woop de f**king do I said his name, cry me a River 

Edited by Killie lad

Disappointing performance today. Felt we should have pressed more in 1st half when Aberdeen looked all over the place. I would have started with Brophy and Boyd. Worrying no-one outwith Boyd and Brophy look like scoring. 

To be fair to Jamie Mac the speed and power in the shot for the 2nd goal was incredible.

Wouldnt have expected any of my boys teams to lose 3rd goal.

We are still a decent team though. 

Edited by Garnkirk20

Power. . . Best player by a mile since Clarke has arrived. 

Erwin. . . worst player to pull on a killie shirt in years. 

Substitution at half time when up 1-0 and comfortable. . . Power for Erwin. 

Why oh why oh why oh why?

BAFFLING

Anyway let's get Celtic out of the way. be as competitive as possible in that match and focus on the games against those around us. if we have any niggles I'd rest them against Celtic and focus on upcoming games. Wee bit of pressure on us now to win our games in hand as it's very tight at bottom. some people on here getting carried away. squad has many faults that need addressed if not in January then the summer. 10th placed finish should still be our target.

Sorry going to be controversial here........disappointed in Steve mentioning Dicker by name for making the mistake that led to the 3rd goal as the team lost the game not Dicker...and not for playing Erwin, the lad must show up well in training and he probably thinks a run in the first team to gain confidence is what's required, Power was a big miss in the second half and arguably was the reason Aberdeen gained the upper hand and I can only hope the injury is slight.

As for the much maligned Mclean07 he's right on the money regarding TIK and home crowds....if we want better players at the club the board will need money, especially now when we are competing in a league with resurgent fan bases at Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Far as I’m concerned SOD has to take McGinn out at all costs . Wasn’t last man at time would have been a yellow kills the attack . That’s twice also we haven’t shut down Tierney now McKenna and conceded from forty yards . Great strikes , bit central for me thought Macdonald could have got something on it maybe not kept it out but he wasn’t near it . Looked good on break first half Jones needs to be told to burst his man every single time and get the fullback booked early .

11 minutes ago, Tomyboy16 said:

Is it just me who thinks JJ played out his skin for a few months up till Northern Ireland got ruled out of a World Cup place after losing to Switzerland then just crashed! (Understandable) And during this transfer window he’s really looked like his mind is elsewhere. It’s really frustrating as we all know his potential. I’m hoping if he stays we will see a new JJ next week. Yesterday he looked like he knew shay Logan was going to come out on top in 1:1 situations hence the dive. At half time yesterday I was really proud of the team as they grew and grew and actually looked like they believed they could go on and win. Half time defo came at the wrong time for us... at the end of the day it’s 2 bad 45 minutes against a very strong Aberdeen team that makes 2 defeats. In the grand scheme of things I think Clark has been amazing! I’ve fell back in love with killie again after going through the motions for a few years having very little to shout about. The guy is a class act I even look forward to his interviews as he says very little but when he speaks everyone listens and I like that. One more thing... I work with children with disabilies and I take a wee boy out every week and I convinced him to come to the killie game with me v partick and he has came to every game since and yesterday was his first taste of defeat. He said to me because he can’t play sports due to his bone disease he never really felt part of anything but even though killie got beat today he feels like he belongs with the fans and finally feels part of something which was just amazing. So thanks to all my fellow killie fans for making an 11 year old wee boy have something to look forward to every week.  roll on Saturday! Ps Abdul osman from thistle would be a good signing.....

apologies for rambling on but just so happy with how things are looking at killie right now and how this community club could potentially give a wee guy so many happy memories.F15D6ADE-91B1-4EAB-9675-530384CDC6D6.jpeg.77c9b8dcaa7d66a53afd91648f40e81e.jpegF15D6ADE-91B1-4EAB-9675-530384CDC6D6.jpeg.77c9b8dcaa7d66a53afd91648f40e81e.jpeg

Outstanding mate. Amazing what showing an interest in someone can do. Well played sir.

9 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Steve Clarke and killie are going places . What a ride it has been hopefully back on horse as soon as possible . Can’t wait for a good cup run . Please god give us Ayr next round . Get some revenge on those mugs .

We need to overcome Brora first.

They need to overcome Fraserburgh/ Sevco.

I've a sneaky feeling we may draw Aberdeen if we progress and put our hoodoo to rest.

5 hours ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Power. . . Best player by a mile since Clarke has arrived. 

Erwin. . . worst player to pull on a killie shirt in years. 

Substitution at half time when up 1-0 and comfortable. . . Power for Erwin. 

Why oh why oh why oh why?

What part of 'he was injured' don't you understand.

9 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Oh I understand the injured bit. it's the replacing him with Erwin bit I'm perplexed at

He must have felt Erwin was a more physical player for that game. It's proved to be a poor choice... but the game changed with Power going off, not because Erwin came on.

I think too many folk are looking for a scapegoat here and the reality is everything Clarke said at half time was undone by a shambolic five minutes.

21 hours ago, KA9Killie said:

Cracks beginning to appear. Despite Clarke's alleged contacts, very little activity in the transfer window to plug the obvious deficiencies in the team. Like Kenny Shiels, Steve Clarke is a very good assistant manager who apparently can't handle the top job. Maybe we should have stuck with Lee McCulloch and given him time to get his signings settled in properly.

You are a muppet

1 hour ago, Tomyboy16 said:

Is it just me who thinks JJ played out his skin for a few months up till Northern Ireland got ruled out of a World Cup place after losing to Switzerland then just crashed! (Understandable) And during this transfer window he’s really looked like his mind is elsewhere. It’s really frustrating as we all know his potential. I’m hoping if he stays we will see a new JJ next week. Yesterday he looked like he knew shay Logan was going to come out on top in 1:1 situations hence the dive. At half time yesterday I was really proud of the team as they grew and grew and actually looked like they believed they could go on and win. Half time defo came at the wrong time for us... at the end of the day it’s 2 bad 45 minutes against a very strong Aberdeen team that makes 2 defeats. In the grand scheme of things I think Clark has been amazing! I’ve fell back in love with killie again after going through the motions for a few years having very little to shout about. The guy is a class act I even look forward to his interviews as he says very little but when he speaks everyone listens and I like that. One more thing... I work with children with disabilies and I take a wee boy out every week and I convinced him to come to the killie game with me v partick and he has came to every game since and yesterday was his first taste of defeat. He said to me because he can’t play sports due to his bone disease he never really felt part of anything but even though killie got beat today he feels like he belongs with the fans and finally feels part of something which was just amazing. So thanks to all my fellow killie fans for making an 11 year old wee boy have something to look forward to every week.  roll on Saturday! Ps Abdul osman from thistle would be a good signing.....

apologies for rambling on but just so happy with how things are looking at killie right now and how this community club could potentially give a wee guy so many happy memories.F15D6ADE-91B1-4EAB-9675-530384CDC6D6.jpeg.77c9b8dcaa7d66a53afd91648f40e81e.jpegF15D6ADE-91B1-4EAB-9675-530384CDC6D6.jpeg.77c9b8dcaa7d66a53afd91648f40e81e.jpeg

That was genuinely heart warming to read Tony. It may be your job but you obviously go above and beyond with the lad. Well done mate, you’re doing a great job and making a difference to lives.