Jordan Jones

Charlie

10 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I suspect the term “uncle “ is a reference to “ Uncle Tom “ ie a subservient person or the fat mess was sycophantic towards the zombie side 

I think this is probably a little too deep.

I'd imagine that it's because he's old and irrelevant.  The kids are dead into this patter these days, see "yer Da" for more info.

13 hours ago, Estragon said:

I think this is probably a little too deep.

I'd imagine that it's because he's old and irrelevant.  The kids are dead into this patter these days, see "yer Da" for more info.

That’s a first for me ..being called a deep thinker ;) or is it JJ that’s a Mark Twain fan 

I reckon Jones will be with us for as long as SSC is, have no idea why he'd want to leave us (unless for a massive money deal at a big club down south- Championship level) when he can be developed by a great coach in a stable environment where he's adored by the fans. Could see him signing a new deal to coincide with SSC's contract then move on when he's had a chance to work with him and develop for a few years longer. Maybe its just me but i see a lot of upside for both us and JJ in doing so. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Or getting sold in the summer.

There is no way we'll let him go for nowt so he'll be away in the summer IMO if he doesn't sign a new deal.

I think he'll sign though.

Tend to agree.

Every interview I've read of JJ's, he says how much he loves Killie and how much he believes he owes us for revitalising his career and helping him get his call-up. If all that's true, I can see him extending - if even to ensure we get a bigger payday when he does move on.

For the rational mathematicians amongs you...

Jones staying = ((his valuation of killie as club) + 1.5 (his valuation of  sc as manager)+ 2(salary on extended deal)) - ((value of next best alternative club + 1.5 (his valuation of next best alternative manager)+ 2 ( new salary offered)... based on his and his agents views....

Or maybe he just wants to play a bit longer in ttop...

very pessimistic about JJ  signing again part of me wonders why he hasn't done so yet if the rumours that the been circulating are to be believed, but on the other hand he certainly seems to be buying into all things Killie at the moment including our dislike for our neighbouring county bumpkins

Will keep an open mind hopefully all will be revealed soon 

A fantastic player, he has a positive affect on the whole team - we are a much better team with him in it. I really hope we can keep him. With the core of the side already signed, if SC can secure JJ then he will have a fantastic group of players to build an even better squad around in the summer ready to to set the league alight in August!! 

34 minutes ago, angus said:

Know how you feel. Had the fear the way he was last off the pitch on Saturday and was waving to the fans.

He has one year left on his contract, and unless there has been a bid accepted by the club and a contract agreed by JJ and club X then there's absolutely nothing in his tweet.

I know I shouldn't worry, but I do. I'm a killie fan after all. 

There could already have been an acceptable bid tabled and accepted waiting for the window to slam open (and the season tickets to sell a bit first!?). I agree tho that I may be being overly worried/pessimistic.