Aaron Tshibola

kfc_superteam

8 hours ago, historyman said:

Exactly. I heard a lot of impatient shouts from fans today when the playetrs were doing the sensible thing and keeping the ball. 3 or 4 sideways passes and retaining ball is better than a forward one to nobody which just loses possession. 

It actually blows my mind that a simple pass to a man which retains possession and potentially builds an attacking move get pelters yet another one of 50 headless chicken runs from Jones which beats one man through pace but goes absolutely nowhere and almost always loses possession gets a "well done son". I do wonder if these characters spend their wages immediately on magic beans. Every month.

I'm not surprised in the slightest at a racist chant at RP !

I used to bring my nephew with me to To RP and had to stop because of the racist language that got used to various coloured players. 

My nephew is shall we say "the best of both " and had a hard enough time without having to listen to grown men use racist language when he was having a day out with his uncle ! Another future supporter lost !

5 hours ago, aumgn said:

It actually blows my mind that a simple pass to a man which retains possession and potentially builds an attacking move get pelters yet another one of 50 headless chicken runs from Jones which beats one man through pace but goes absolutely nowhere and almost always loses possession gets a "well done son". I do wonder if these characters spend their wages immediately on magic beans. Every month.

Very harsh comment.  Retaining possession is one thing but trying to create an opening is something else entirely. Obviously this doesn't come off every time but Jones does this very well. We have scored a good few goals this season as a direct result of his ability to take on and beat defenders. Hopefully we won't miss this option against Dundee. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying JJ isn't sometimes successful and his ability to beat a man/create an opening is often excellent, but quite why you'd applaud a player who's done literally nothing but lose the ball is kinda beyond me. Is an incredibly frustrating part of his game.

Its that "get it furrit", "pit it up the park" mindset from fans that I just don't understand. You could see it past few seasons, we were gettin absolutely tanned every week through route one fitba, yet still some roasters in the East doing their dingers if someone deigned to make a backwards pass.

I have pulled someone up for using racist language at the fitba, see if you don't you're complicit, you might get a few choice words thrown at you but it means nothing in the context of what you're attempting to achieve. If it happened I think we as fans need to identify the individual and educate them. As for folk abusing a new player who has hardly kicked a ball for us, well they're just cants.

16 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

That’s not a lack of confidence, it’s keeping the ball, or “recycling” as it’s called now

I would say it is a lack of confidence. Take someone like Carrick for example, he "recycles" but the majority of the time he looks for a forward pass first and if it's not on he then goes sideways or backwards. 

Quite a few times today Tshibola received the ball, without opening his body or letting it run across him, and immediately looked for a sideways pass. That strikes me as lacking confidence and as i said hopefully it comes shortly, the goal will certainly help. 

1 minute ago, diamond_geezer said:

He improved as the game wore on and played a great pass to Boyd who was just offside . He looks languid but covers a lot of ground , I think he'll be a good addition. As for the racist word, it's hard to believe that folk are still spouting such bile. 

Honestly have any of those who slagged his style ever watched Zidane?

not exactly the most energetic or full of hustle and bustle was he?  Just glided past people as if they were there!

Plenty players had a languid style but were wonderful players.

id rather have a footballer who looked lazy but would destroy teams, than a Michael Gardiner who runs about a lot with fk all end product.

I thought Tshibola took the simple, safe, option, which is fine since he isn't match fit and didn't want to cause problems to the team due to his lack of game time. What I do like about him is that he is able to see an opportunity, scoring yesterday and almost reaching Jones's shot that De Vries couldn't gather. He certainly isn't afraid to tackle, we're no longer the side that teams used to walk right through the middle of.

14 hours ago, Caldow said:

It was probably one of the Alf Garnett brigade. Not making excuses - just the way it is. Moaning old c**ts next to me after about 15 minutes. Auld bastards.

The worst moaners where I sit in the East Stand are the younger guys. They are definitely the loudest moaners. Stop generalising about the oldies.

I think that his talent is obvious, he is composed on the ball, is clearly a very good passer (as he displayed numerous times yesterday), and is very strong and hard to beat. He was a little shaky at the start  and maybe lacked a little focus, but as the game went on he looked sharper and more confident. 

I think we played really well yesterday . Ofcourse the fans get slightly frustrated as we are expected to win . We played the ball about from about 25 mins onwards well. Started to stretch them . Their players started running out of steam a little . Tshibola came into it when mulumbu went off and he went to centre midfield . Looks cable of recycling and spraying long passes . He does have a lazy type of style but got into some good tackles and is a big unit . Think he will be a good player . Need him more centrally in first half he was in McKenzie role which didn’t suit him . 

I’ll add to that too. 

It’s the 21st century there is no place for that anywhere. 

I’m never a fan of vocally criticising you’re own players - better to get behind the team than on their back, but to hurl racial abuse at anyone, never mind you’re own player is totally unacceptable. A disgrace to the Killie family. 

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Honestly have any of those who slagged his style ever watched Zidane?

not exactly the most energetic or full of hustle and bustle was he?  Just glided past people as if they were there!

Plenty players had a languid style but were wonderful players.

id rather have a footballer who looked lazy but would destroy teams, than a Michael Gardiner who runs about a lot with fk all end product.

Probably the first and last time a comparison will be made between Zidane and Gardyne. 

The racism is shocking and it’s disappointing that no one appears to have pulled up the guy who said it and reported him. No place for that in this day and age and even harder to fathom someone doing it to one of their own. 

Looking back at the game it’s understandable that Tish took time to grow into it. He was playing against a level of opponent he’s likely never come across. Aside from his spell at MK Dons he’s been used to playing a relatively high level of Championship football in England. He’s come on last week against the best team in the country and didn’t look out of place. Then yesterday he’s pitched in against Brickies, plumbers, taxi drivers who have absolutely nothing to lose it can be a shock to the system.