mobile phones

Scotty79

12 minutes ago, Scotty79 said:

does anyone use online companies like buy mobiles.net or affordable mobiles.co.uk as opposed to directly through the network? some of there deals compared to the networks own shops are so much better but do they come with more hassle than they’re worth?

I've used both sites in the past and never had a problem.  I prefer to buy through a third party like the ones you've mentioned for a few reasons...

1) They are almost always cheaper.

2) The phone they send you will be unlocked to any network, so when you're contract is up you can do as you wish!

3) The phone they send you will not contain the network providers own "special" firmware. i.e. a couple of extra bits of bloatware.  Sometimes the networks take months to release updates and sometimes they just don't bother at all.  Buy from a 3rd party and when new versions of the OS are release, you'll get them as soon as the manufacturer makes it available. 

If you're worried about using them, find the best price for what you want and give the network a call directly and ask them to match it.  Always worth a shot.