Greatest goal?...

Estragon

On 03/02/2018 at 8:27 AM, DG5 said:

David Sneddon. Tynecastle 1965.

For the auld lads, this goal/game must take it onto the list every single time. We needed two goals, we couldn't concede. We did it. And it wont be seen again in our lifetime. 

For me, there's a few. I read someone say Fowler vs Celtic (if we had held on, yes!) but for me, the ones that stick out are:

Roberts vs Rangers 

Skora vs Aberdeen 

Durrant  vs Dunfermline 

Kelly vs Celtic (the penalty at Parkhead) 

And, of course, Deiter and Wright's cup-winning goals! 

Edited by jesper
Correction

12 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Was at Brechin around festive periodand the barrier collapsed during the wild celebrations. We lost the game though and Brechin won the league.

Great fun going to stranraer berwick cownenbeathde kick and standing waiting to buy a pie with Bobby Fleeting and his side kick Denny Martin at montrose beats going to sevco  celti park

I always remember a screamer by Ian Bryson at RP that nearly took the net away. I think we lost 4-1 at home to Dumbarton with big John Bourke scoring a couple of them. Then again it could just be my memory playing tricks.

The others I remember from the old days are a goal from Big D at Somerset that hit the wall behind the goal and a great mazy from the kick-off from Steve Clarke's big brother which gave us a home draw against some team (Clydebank maybe?) after they had just scored a really late goal. 

Tam Black's free-kick v Sevco was a great goal and a very very important one. Kept us where we still are today. 

Shame most of these and many others weren't recorded as there really were some crackers. It would be wonderful to see some of them again. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Tam Black's free-kick v Sevco was a great goal and a very very important one. Kept us where we still are today. 

That's got to be the most important.  Sweet hit, classic Tam Black Thundrbolt. The pressure that day was incredible.  And a big Killiefc.com shout out to Walter Smith for playing big Hatley at Centre Half in that game!

For the sheer swagger it's got to be this goal though - the kepper doesn't even move!

All worthy contenders, but mine would be McIntyre's late winner in the '97 semi replay at Easter Road. Can barely remember the actual goal as such, (close-range finish from a driven cross?), but the celebrations were probably the most epic I can remember. Those last few minutes, with me and my mates realising we were finally going to a cup final for the first time, were something else.

On 03/02/2018 at 11:30 PM, jesper said:

For the auld lads, this must take it every single time. We needed one goal, we couldn't concede. We did it. And it wont be seen again in our lifetime. 

As much as I love wee Davie to bits, and his goal was excellent, you will of course be aware that the second goal by Brien McIlroy was the one that won the league

Edited by Mcilroy56
Auto correct name