Celtic thread, Fred

skygod

16 minutes ago, Trumpetree said:

What an absolute bellend. Err we celebrated like we had just beaten the champions. Absolutely detest everything about them. Never complained about pitch when tbey kept humping on us on it. If they hate the pitch so much why send one if their brightest prospects to us loan. 

7 hours ago, piffer said:

Manager got it spot on. Great tactics to cope with Celtic. First sub was excellent and completely caught Celtic. Looked like a defensive switch taking of our main striker for a midfielder. What he did was give Mulumbu, Jones, Brophy and to a lesser extent Rory(who was doing Tierney) much more freedom to attack. 

That's a very good point and is a perfect example of Clarke's fantastic tactical ability. I expect Rodgers thought we were trying to close the game down and hang on for the point with that sub but freeing up Mulumbu to get forward made a huge difference in the last 20 minutes. It was amazing how often he got into their box. He completely out thought Rodgers on this one. Hopefully Clarke has another one up his sleeve for the cup final. 

26 minutes ago, skygod said:

Looks like sour grapes from the headline but he's actually saying that the players' celebrations showed what a big scalp they are.

He doesn't say they were OTT. As said above, he likes a wind-up himself so he can hardly criticise.

He’s raging cause he got handed his arse on a plate and can’t take it 

26 minutes ago, historyman said:

That's a very good point and is a perfect example of Clarke's fantastic tactical ability. I expect Rodgers thought we were trying to close the game down and hang on for the point with that sub but freeing up Mulumbu to get forward made a huge difference in the last 20 minutes. It was amazing how often he got into their box. He completely out thought Rodgers on this one. Hopefully Clarke has another one up his sleeve for the cup final. 

This. When he made the change I was wondering what he was doing and then we saw what happened. I honestly do not remember a Killie manager with such tactical knowledge in my ahem 45+ years of watching the famous. It’s still early days but Mr Clarke so far has not put a foot wrong, wonderful to watch and long may it continue 

17 hours ago, seedsy said:

The Steve Clarke for Scotland patter from the so called experts is getting boring now. Let him build something at us, and you know maybe actually improve the general state of Scottish football within the league/. What about Brendan Rodgers? Despite today, he hasn’t a bad record. Mention him you utter cretins. Oh that’s right he wouldn’t and shouldn’t leave his cushy number and on too much money, but let’s rip Clarke away from a job he has just started because it’s only killie 

Off the ball continued with the same rubbish, lazy hacks. One of them even magnanimously said we could keep him until the summer. Feck right off!

10 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Got to say yesterday was a surreal day . Only caught the last 50 mins on the tele . The way the club has changed and the mind set of the fans . The team were exceptional to a man . They closed Celtic down and especially second half could have had 3/4 goals . Restricted Celtic to a free kick as only shot on target . Unfortunately my Papa a killie fan for decades passed away yesterday . He would have been proud of that performance . Thanks Steve Clarke and Players for their efforts an enjoy the rest of the season as he is a special coach and one our club deserves after the s**te we have had in recent years .

Forever and ever 

Sorry to read that.

Who gave this a red card???

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Got to say yesterday was a surreal day . Only caught the last 50 mins on the tele . The way the club has changed and the mind set of the fans . The team were exceptional to a man . They closed Celtic down and especially second half could have had 3/4 goals . Restricted Celtic to a free kick as only shot on target . Unfortunately my Papa a killie fan for decades passed away yesterday . He would have been proud of that performance . Thanks Steve Clarke and Players for their efforts an enjoy the rest of the season as he is a special coach and one our club deserves after the s**te we have had in recent years .

Forever and ever 

Sorry for your loss mate