Celtic thread, Fred

skygod

Hugely disciplined performance. Game plan worked to a T.

MacDonald must have had the easiest game against Celtic for a Killie keeper in the last 40 + years.

One save? Was that it?

Broadfoot and Greer could have played with their slippers on.

Big credit to SOD, McKenzie, Dicker and Taylor.

MoM Mulumbu.

Could have been MoM and put £2m on his transfer fee - Jordan Jones (you have to love him, really!).

SC - Great team performance....almost perfect perfromance....hard work and application from players..... manager and coach who demand a lot from them in training....YM very important signing....almost lost him near the end of window....second goal would have been merited.

Steve Clarke you are very quickly becoming a Killie legend. Weathered the early storm, closed them down quickly, worked hard in every area of the park and limited them to 1 shot on target in 90 minutes !! Every single Killie player should be proud of themselves tonight because I’m certainly proud of them. An absolute delight to be a Killie fan just now. Please let this dream continue.

There is nothing in the way that Celtic set out their stall that should frighten any team. They only turn teams over if the opposition 'gives' them the game in the tunnel and early in the match. i.e. Shows them too much respect and don't get in about them.

I believe this is what Clarke has explained to the players. There ain't as big a gulf in ability as some would suggest.

Belief is a massive part of the game.

Makes up for last week.

41 minutes ago, skygod said:

Sutton & Co on BT Sport have been horribly biased.

Thought the same. The penalty claim against Broadfoot when it was quite clearly a foul the other way and nobody on the pitch was claiming for anything for a start. Constant criticism of Celtic for negative passes, maybe I am biased but I thought that was down to Killie players shutting off just about every opportunity to play forwards.

a superb defensive performance - it could be years since a team stopped Celtic from getting a shot on target from open play, that doesn’t come by anything other than top class organisation and hard work. And created enough chances to win by several goals too - just a little more composure needed and there’s no reason that won’t come.

Lokking bright for the future.