Support.

Charlie's Dad

I'm with McLean on this was there today  with 2 of my Grandsons and never felt intimated at any time, in fact all 3 of us were praised by Ceptic fans on way out. I don't really give a f**k what they think of  me but me and my family will never be afraid of attending a game at Rugby Park because of them. To those Killie fans who could have been there today but weren't I would only say grow a set and give some pride to yourself and your football club. Today was a huge high and you let yourself and Killie down if you could have been but weren't there.

Edited by Gaffer

If we get to the cup semi/final we're suddenly going to have 15,000 'diehards' wearing jester hats etc round about us.

Short term it would be great if we could all try and drag one lapsed fan back to matches each.

Other than that those that are not going are missing out on the good times. In the nicest possible way, f*ck them, their loss!

3 hours ago, Chris1810 said:

Can we not do kids for a quid without an adult? Or does an adult need to be present?

i'm thinking kids along the ages of 13 - 16 would go a long with there mates for something to do...and we might actually retain some of them in future years. Plus an extra few hundred to a thousand on gate might add to the atmosphere, the flags don't really make much noise

Totally agree with this.

When I started attending without my late dad, I went along expecting a 'lift over'.

I certainly couldn't afford the admission price at 12 years old but was desperate to see the game.

I accept that the 'lift over'is no longer viable, but surely there is a way of enticing the younger teenagers back to RP.

Come on, it's a brave new dawn, new ideas are needed with the view to the future.

SLO, I hope you are reading this..

One consistent feature of all external criticism of our crowds is the failure to come up with any suggestion of how to improve matters.

Without wanting to write off lapsed fans who may or may not return, I reckon getting youngsters more involved and improving the atmosphere should be considered - in a similar vein to that section next to the away stand at Fir Park with the flags, drums etc (presumably supported by competitive pricing?)

And selling earplugs in the club shop for the rest of us old grumpy buggers!

I missed the game yesterday through work and I would have went and paid my money but I still feel £26 is too steep . It comes down to individual circumstances as there is many who can easily afford to stump this up but it's a cold hard fact that there will be people who would like to go and take their kids etc but they can't afford it once you add in Adult ticket, Child ticket(s), petrol to get to the game, program for the kids, food . it all adds up...and then with the old firm there's also the bile you have to subject yourself to

The argument above about 4000 fans making £100 000 is valid, but why not reduce the prices slightly get more people through the door & make the same (hopefully more) and provide better support for our team.

Anyway, looking forward to the Dundee game! hopefully a few more will go along and see what they have been missing as the football has been the best we've seen in years!

1 hour ago, heynow2005 said:

I missed the game yesterday through work and I would have went and paid my money but I still feel £26 is too steep . It comes down to individual circumstances as there is many who can easily afford to stump this up

Agree with this. I debated up until the last minute whether to go or not, I know £26 or similar is the regular cost for a lot of clubs in the top flight but that doesn't make it right. In the end I got a ticket and I'm delighted I done so, but the extra £6 is enough to put a fair few off im sure.

Out of interest, what was the official home attendance yesterday? Was it really that bad?

13 hours ago, Chris1810 said:

Can we not do kids for a quid without an adult? Or does an adult need to be present?

i'm thinking kids along the ages of 13 - 16 would go a long with there mates for something to do...and we might actually retain some of them in future years. Plus an extra few hundred to a thousand on gate might add to the atmosphere, the flags don't really make much noise

I think it's for insurance purposes. Kids being kids, having a bit of a play, takes a header down the stairs, club liable. Being accompanied by a responsible adult shifts the initial responsibility on to them.

Older kids, could probably handle themselves, but it'll depend on what the policy allows.

I think that if we keep playing this well the fans will start to come back. We've come on leaps and bounds in terms of marketing etc but the bottom line is that fans want to see success on the pitch. Yesterday is one of my favourite experiences in the stadium for a long time. 

I do get why people can't be bothered with the stuff around the old firm fans though. Did anyone else see the Celtic fans surround the car that had supposedly hit someone outside tesco? Got pretty nasty and from what I gather wings mirrors kicked off etc. Ugly atmosphere.

That said, as I walked on from that a group of Celtic fans congratulated me and had a good chat about the game. Point being, the intimidation/negative atmosphere thing is overblown but it is there and i can understand people who can't be arsed with it. 

The SLO and KSA should be lobbying the club to scrap the ridiculous current arrangement with the family season ticket that excludes old firm games.

We need to be getting more fans to these games and surely the club can come up with an attractively priced family season ticket package that includes old firm games for next season? 

The product is getting much better next season under Clarke is the ideal time to be much more creative with season tickets 

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, mitch14 said:

I think that if we keep playing this well the fans will start to come back. We've come on leaps and bounds in terms of marketing etc but the bottom line is that fans want to see success on the pitch. Yesterday is one of my favourite experiences in the stadium for a long time. 

I do get why people can't be bothered with the stuff around the old firm fans though. Did anyone else see the Celtic fans surround the car that had supposedly hit someone outside tesco? Got pretty nasty and from what I gather wings mirrors kicked off etc. Ugly atmosphere.

That said, as I walked on from that a group of Celtic fans congratulated me and had a good chat about the game. Point being, the intimidation/negative atmosphere thing is overblown but it is there and i can understand people who can't be arsed with it. 

Wasn't pleasant.  Was sitting in a car on opposite site of road next to that vehicle.  Was too busy concentrating on trying not to hit anyone myself but saw the car hit someone that appeared to have stumbled at a very slow pace.  Mob encircled car screaming all sorts.  Most of the damage seemed to be done in the presence of a motorcycle cop who seemed powerless to do anything.

Hard to afford football when you are on benefits (fact) £20 plus admissions cannot be justified when you are struggling to make ends meet, 

I am a full time carer for my wife , up until a few years ago myself & sons hardly missed a game home or away, , not looking for sympathy but just one example of missing fans, 

1 hour ago, pjg said:

Wasn't pleasant.  Was sitting in a car on opposite site of road next to that vehicle.  Was too busy concentrating on trying not to hit anyone myself but saw the car hit someone that appeared to have stumbled at a very slow pace.  Mob encircled car screaming all sorts.  Most of the damage seemed to be done in the presence of a motorcycle cop who seemed powerless to do anything.

My old boss just told me about this. He said the driver was all over the shop and had clipped quite a few fans on the way back to the buses. Said the cops took the drivers keys.

f**k knows what the real story was!

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Merk said:

Took my 3 year old son along today for his first football match. He’s definitely allowed back. I look forward to telling him about his first game when he’s older :hurrah:

You mean he wasn't scared of the big, bad old filth fans?

That said, the wee man is a hardy looking wee guy for a 3 year old!

On 4 February 2018 at 9:59 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

You don't half talk s**te.

im guessing you're talking about yourself given you only bother with 50% of our games?

I don't believe you think that the support on Saturday was what the club deserved. You've changed your tune. I remember you agreeing with me in the past that our support against the old firm was pathetic and the excuse were pathetic. You can go on all you like about away games, but  home games are where the club makes its money. I don't care if you continue to make your cheap points, but just be honest about what you think of that turnout on Saturday. I can't believe some people are STILL saying it will take time to heal old wounds. I also know you think the TiK uptake is embarrassing, so let's not pretend you think there no problem.