Line up face Brora Rangers

Craigieboy

If you look at all the dodgy results when the English Premier league teams don't play full strength teams in the fa Cup then you know resting players can  come back to haunt you. Maybe 1 or 2 two changes. Possibly Erwin and Kiltie but if we were to come a cropper against Brora that would be a nightmare considering on the whole how bad a cup team we are. Last time we reached quarters was when Kenny was in charge. Would be nice to get the semis one something this year! 

I get the momentum sentiments, but now that we have a midweek fixture I would rest a couple, i.e. Boyd, Mulumbu.

Great opportunity to give players that are still a very good standard a run out.  I would (fitness depending) defintley try and get Kiltie, Tshibola, Simpson and maybe even the new keeper starting.  Probably let Findlay have a crack at CB too.

26 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

I get the momentum sentiments, but now that we have a midweek fixture I would rest a couple, i.e. Boyd, Mulumbu.

Great opportunity to give players that are still a very good standard a run out.  I would (fitness depending) defintley try and get Kiltie, Tshibola, Simpson and maybe even the new keeper starting.  Probably let Findlay have a crack at CB too.

agree. Would rest Boyd and Mulumbu as we have others who are more than capable. The last thing we want is risking them in a game we have quality to win whilst giving others a chance to shine. 

17 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I get the shivers when I see Killie fans dismissing an opposition team, old enough to remember Inverness, and all the other shocks we have been a part of, let’s give Brora full respect, start the big guns and “hopefully “ grab a couple of quick goals, after which we can then relax a little. 

Exactly how I feel mate.

Strongest side possible then hopefully win the game.

I don't get the resting players for the Dundee game either - Brora is a bigger game IMO.

44 minutes ago, islandbob said:

If  We want to boost attendance ,why play a weakened team. Let the lapsed fans who come to the cup game see what they have been missing since SSC arrived

With respect, I imagine some lapsed fans wouldn’t be able to tell you if it was a weakened team!

2 minutes ago, islandbob said:

Maybe your right but you still want to see the best team possible 

I do agree with that, but I think guys like Kiltie and Tishbola are on the fringe of our best team. 

As someone said earlier as well, Boydy probably isn’t up to two games a week anymore - thats why it will be a struggle when we are in Europe.:ph34r: 

12 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

I do agree with that, but I think guys like Kiltie and Tishbola are on the fringe of our best team. 

As someone said earlier as well, Boydy probably isn’t up to two games a week anymore - thats why it will be a struggle when we are in Europe.:ph34r: 

Start with strongest team then introduce fringe players if and when game is safety. But don't short change paying customers who come to see the best team possible playing

3 minutes ago, islandbob said:

Start with strongest team then introduce fringe players if and when game is safety. But don't short change paying customers who come to see the best team possible playing

Rotation (admittedly not wholesale rotation) is part of football though and cup games against lower league opposition has to be seen as the time to do that. 

That is with no disrespect to Brora though. I’m one of the ones who thinks this will not be a breeze.