Matchdays

Souleycouley93

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

As you said before, you all have your own favourite places to drink pre match . Yeah kids can be annoying at times . At the end of the day the club needs to attract people . Allowing kids in means adults / parents  come too . Kids will be the future of our support . A place where they can see old strips and some history of the club would be beneficial long term . If they can meet a few players along the way ideal and they can go in bragging at school and the other kids will want to have same experience . It’s a domino effect . The way the sports bar is run at the moment is not maximising it’s location or potential . This may not change or they may look to do it up and use it as a pub properly . It’s all hypothetical . Hopefully they can use it in a more practical manner going forward next few seasons .

I do understand the opinion of a pub being a pub also . Shoving bets on and having a few pints is great before football . The post was just to see what people thought and to drum up some conversation regarding matchdays and if there was interest in the sports bar .

Have you been in the sports bar...ever? 

It's bad enough to get a pint when it's 2/3 busy as its pretty poorly laid out imo can only imagine kids running about in it too. Not enough space in it.

I'm with the post saying get it done up and running like a semi decent boozer first, hotel has loads of space to let kids run about daft in the caprington suite or something. 

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Yeah I have . 

I agreed anything is better than it’s current state . 

Caprington Suite as far as I know nowadays isn’t open to fans . Just hotel bar . Full of carrot cake munchers 

Aye but there's no reason why the Caprington Suite can't be opened. Reason it's shut is that there is no reason to open it just now.

it's ideal location to have kids running about daft. Just like open days etc.

SB should be adults only and ran like a proper pub.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye but there's no reason why the Caprington Suite can't be opened. Reason it's shut is that there is no reason to open it just now.

it's ideal location to have kids running about daft. Just like open days etc.

SB should be adults only and ran like a proper pub.

Jacko used to run kids stuff in there before games. Don't know why it stopped.

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

The owner of hotel prioritises it now for weddings and the like . The football used to be on in there on a big screen and had lots of kids and people from visiting teams support . 

Aye but even back when it was first build weddings always took priority. If there was nothing on that day, then they'd utilise the Caprington Suite.

And so they should.

Why on earth would you knock back £10k+ for a wedding so that a few kids could play playstations or watch games on tv!