Fat Ally

Trojan76

4 hours ago, piffer said:

I’d agree he meant to miss that pen. He didn’t have it in him to score against his team. It’s understandable to a degree but he should have stepped back and let someone else hit it. 

I’ve always found him a decent guy on the few occasions I’ve met him. I quite like him as a pundit as well. Useless for Sevco games as he can’t be neutral but for the rest I find him decent.

Disagree it being understandable.

He's a 'professional' - Larsson didnt hesitate rolling one in against Celtic when playing for Barca despite his affection for the club. Dont need to celebrate but shouldn't be something that needs a 2nd thought when presented with the opportunity. 

The man has the gift of the gab but otherwise he's a chancer.

40 minutes ago, DG5 said:

We talk about bigots with the OF. And we have people on here describing ex-players as Huns.

Pot and kettle springs to mind. 

I hope he gets a good reception as all ex-players should. 

He is a Hun though, what's the issue?

How is calling a Hun a Hun bigoted?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

11 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

I don't mind him :o

Hat trick v hearts was cracking. Late winner v motherwell at fir Park as well? 

His time in charge of the huns was hilarious and a vital part of the so called 'banter years' 

He was decent on question of sport too. 

Thought big Kev scored the late winner v well. Sally scored the first.

1 hour ago, LH31 said:

Disagree it being understandable.

He's a 'professional' - Larsson didnt hesitate rolling one in against Celtic when playing for Barca despite his affection for the club. Dont need to celebrate but shouldn't be something that needs a 2nd thought when presented with the opportunity. 

The man has the gift of the gab but otherwise he's a chancer.

Larsson's affection for Celtic is nowhere near comparable to McCoists for Rangers. Larsson didn’t grow up supporting Celtic, he didn’t live the dream with his boyhood hero's. They were the right club for him at the right time.

I meant it was almost understandable that he didn’t want to score against his team. At no point did I say it was professional or acceptable.

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

Larsson's affection for Celtic is nowhere near comparable to McCoists for Rangers. Larsson didn’t grow up supporting Celtic, he didn’t live the dream with his boyhood hero's. They were the right club for him at the right time.

I meant it was almost understandable that he didn’t want to score against his team. At no point did I say it was professional or acceptable.

Leigh Griffiths is a dyed in the wool Hibee and a tube but he scores for fun against them, including the winner the other week.

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

I’ll be clapping Ally , not because he’s a dog , but because he did us a turn when he came here , unlike some I could name , yes you Billy Stark. 

Was billy stark s**t? A remember him being a big signing when he came, then playing extremely well as a sweeper. I was only young mind you when he signed. But I thought he was well regarded 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

I’ll be clapping Ally , not because he’s a dog , but because he did us a turn when he came here , unlike some I could name , yes you Billy Stark. 

Don't understand the dislike for Stark. Played ok for us and was TBs Assistant. Good football man as they say and from what I know of him a decent bloke.

37 minutes ago, seedsy said:

Was billy stark s**t? A remember him being a big signing when he came, then playing extremely well as a sweeper. I was only young mind you when he signed. But I thought he was well regarded 

IMO he did very little to justify his place in the team at the time , maybe that’s due to him being compared with TB who had a massive influence on and off the park tbf . There isn’t a game I can recollect him having a pivotal moment in 

I can remember being in London for a week on a holiday when I was 12 and running down to read a paper each morning to see if we’d signed him. It was being reported in English media which says something. From memory it was between us and Raith Rovers in the end up but was delighted when he came to us. 

That Open Day was the busiest I can remember and they ran out of small ‘c’ to put on the back of ‘McCoist 13’ shirts. 

The Hearts game when they were giving him dogs abuse and he popped up with a hat trick and his celebration! I’m pretty sure he also got back into the Scotland squad about that time but could be wrong. 

Can also remember the Rangers game with our fans singing “There’s Only One Super Ally” clearly directed at Ally Mitchell! Remember being at Parkhead and I’m sure he also missed a penalty that game to make the game 1-1 or something at the time.

So mostly positive memories from me so will be gettting a decent reception! 

Edited by Mark

15 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

Scored a cracking hat trick when player.

Not just against any team but against a Jambo side that took the cup off us in 1998!

I always think McCoist has a soft spot for Killie and clearly enjoyed his time here - don't understand the hate he gets - is unjustified IMO.

Edited by RAG

3 minutes ago, RAG said:

Not just against any team but against a Jambo side that took the cup off us in 1998!

I always think McCoist has a soft spot for Killie and clearly enjoyed his time here - don't understand the hate he gets - is unjustified IMO.

Utterly undeserving of the last two year of contracts he wangled out of us. Should have been one and done, then coaching.

7 minutes ago, CB said:

Utterly undeserving of the last two year of contracts he wangled out of us. Should have been one and done, then coaching.

Aye but it was a mad time of Hollywood film stars at Rugby Park and building hotels onsite.

Killie were totally on the up at the time, even if he wasn't fit.

Was a great time at the club, could have been better, but I'm glad it happened!

Was one of the best all time Killie teams he played in too - even better than the 97 team.

IS just a pity unlike in this game, Wright and McCoist didnt work more often.

Edited by RAG