Fat Ally

Trojan76

56 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

Don't understand the dislike for Stark. Played ok for us and was TBs Assistant. Good football man as they say and from what I know of him a decent bloke.

Personally, I've always thought Billy Stark was a very under-rated player throughout his career and I always liked him when he was at Killie. TB and him were great pals- I always get a wee tear in my eye when I think about his eulogy at TB's funeral. 

My memory isn't crystal clear from that time but I seem to remember he was quite unfit when he was with us and guff in a lot of games.  There was a media story about him not training because his wee boy was very ill in hospital. Much later on the gutter press  revealed something about him knocking about with Patsy Kensit, presumably when he had been in London filming a question of sport.  My suspicious mind thought the latter sounded more plausible than the former as a reason for missing training. Or am I wrong?

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He meant that miss, one of the worst pens I've ever seen.

He also robbed Paul Wright of a send off the attention seeking prick that he is.

Likes to portray himself as Mr Nice Guy but is a Grade A arsehole.

4 red cards for your post? Total fat hun w****r, grade A arsehole is being nice to the prick

1 hour ago, Calummoore86 said:

Bold statement. I disagree but each to their own

The football was of a higher quality when Durrant arrived.

Mind Totten also got punted during the 96/97 season.

Yes were on a roll, but were not one of the best Killlie sides - which is why was such a great  achievement the cup win!

4 hours ago, Spike said:

My memory isn't crystal clear from that time but I seem to remember he was quite unfit when he was with us and guff in a lot of games.  There was a media story about him not training because his wee boy was very ill in hospital. Much later on the gutter press  revealed something about him knocking about with Patsy Kensit, presumably when he had been in London filming a question of sport.  My suspicious mind thought the latter sounded more plausible than the former as a reason for missing training. Or am I wrong?

His son was quite seriously ill in hospital at the time. That much is true. Think it might have been heart surgery at about two months old if memory serves me correctly. 

Edited by Bullitt

There is a priceless Q of S when he was with us which i have on video (somewhere) which had Rugby Park on the photo board and he didnt know where it was. Hilarious banter with John Parrot. He was an engaging character who brought us a lot of great publicity but his time as Rangers boss did him no favours, he became so miserable. Agree with polite applause, nothing to get excited about