Let’s be having you

Stefanus

8 hours ago, historyman said:

Without wishing to defend the incompetent shower who run our national game a comparison with the richest league in the world is not a good one. It's one of the most successful marketing campaigns in sport that has made the EPL the most successful league in the world. We don't have the population, the product or the marketing and commercial nous to get people from other countries interested in our game. Even great clubs with history like Ajax, Anderlecht and Benfica are just feeder clubs these days for the big leagues and are there to make up the numbers in the champions league. 

Yes, it's something we are completely incapable of, as the English are an uber marketing race with capabilities off the scale. 

We should just be happy with what we've got and toddle along like the wee diddy league and diddy team that we are. 

That table all things considered should be the way going forward. You should always expect the city clubs to be ahead then us as top non city. I'd hope we'd get back to at least 4k home fans a game. 

Really impressive figures for  Falkirk and St Mirren considering they have no twisted sister visits. County have a really high average for the area they come from. 

Attendances so far ( not couting league cup)

St Johnstone - 3935

Hearts - 5076

Celtic - 10069

Hamilton - 3706

Dundee - 3452

County - 3337

Hibs - 5005

Aberdeen - 4198

Partick - 4339

Motherwell - 4179

Rangers - 11490

County (cup) - 3595

Celtic - 10702

Brora (cup)-4278

Significant increase since Clarke came in. All home games bar county above 4000. County game gained 258 fans despite no season tickets being valid for second game. We're on the up. Let it continue.

4 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Yes, it's something we are completely incapable of, as the English are an uber marketing race with capabilities off the scale. 

We should just be happy with what we've got and toddle along like the wee diddy league and diddy team that we are. 

It is not only English people who are making money from the EPL. It is an international behemoth whose turnover absolutely dwarves the Scottish game. If you think we can compete with that then you are living in dreamland. 

In global terms we are a tiny league that generates practically no interest beyond our borders. And if you want an even harsher truth, the interest abroad is generated almost exclusively by the old firm. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Using Presters figures and excluding Cup and OF I make it an average of 4,136.

Checking them looks like Presters are the reported gates, and indeed average is 4136, which seems much more sensible. Quite some way off 4729.

Not that I'd want to in any way insinuate McLean would ever hit out with some poorly-informed guff, talk total shoite about it, then just plain ignore the discussion when asked to explain in some way what he's havering about.

1 minute ago, historyman said:

It is not only English people who are making money from the EPL. It is an international behemoth whose turnover absolutely dwarves the Scottish game. If you think we can compete with that then you are living in dreamland. 

In global terms we are a tiny league that generates practically no interest beyond our borders. And if you want an even harsher truth, the interest abroad is generated almost exclusively by the old firm. 

Fair comment, but its doesn''t mean that you can't work and improve on those things. Or do you just accept defeat and moan that everything is s**te? Since the 90s we have fallen from 11th in the coefficient to 27th.  Are you telling me that we can't generate more interest and money than the leagues in Azerbaijan, Belarus and Greece?  Surely that is at least an attainable goal.

31 minutes ago, historyman said:

I'm not talking about competing with the English Premiership, I'm talking about their methods for getting people interested in the 'product'. It took a good few years for Sky to get the EPL to where it is now. Often people here moan about them saying it's 'the greatest league in the World', when it isn't, but that's what marketing is. They wouldn't have got very far by telling people that the EPL was a 'competitive league'.

In Scotland, we're in sharp contrast. We have a TV deal predicated on four fixtures, and even when one of those teams goes bust, or even when those viewing figures drop, the response is to prop up those two teams even further.

In terms of entertainment, I've watched a few non Killie Scottish games which have been good to watch. They're certainly better than Stoke vs Burnley, but no-one from the Scottish sports media or the football authorities will tell you that.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and it has been said many times the mess MJ created with no planning/lack of community involvement etc. will take a while to recover from but we are definitely heading in the right direction, we've had more community involvement in the last 6mths than the last 3yrs to that!

It feels like the 1st time in forever fans are excited to see us play, I was going to games myself the past few years, I now have 3 extra going with me regularly. The article from Billy Bowie is exactly what you want to hear and see being done, a businessman with killie at heart who has some ideas to move the club forward

1 hour ago, aumgn said:

Checking them looks like Presters are the reported gates, and indeed average is 4136, which seems much more sensible. Quite some way off 4729.

Not that I'd want to in any way insinuate McLean would ever hit out with some poorly-informed guff, talk total shoite about it, then just plain ignore the discussion when asked to explain in some way what he's havering about.

Twitter " inside the SPFL" and Facebook, I think from same source as OP. Even when I'm posting figures in a good light I get it in the neck. 

Totally agree with you small steps at a time to repair the damage inflicted on our club both on and off the park over the last six or seven years and at least we have the right people leading us to more positive times both on and off the field let's give them our total support and stick together and enjoy the journey! On another point how many really good games have the money orientated greedy English football teams served up not very many and a lot of them are over hyped and believe their own press!

36 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

On an unrelated note, @Lroy is it possible to post HTML on these boards? Is that switched on?

I tried to do an HTML table earlier but it just put the code out.

I can't see the majority of the settings, I just have a big red button that gives out warnings to Brianstorm.