Hibs (saturday 12.30)

Dan1el

It's only Monday and I'm buzzing for Saturdays game! Steve Clarke making Mondays enjoyable since October

Anyway what's the latest injury news? Any word on players coming back. Will be a huge test on Saturday and with how strong their midfield is we could do with a few back.

Tell a friend to tell a friend to get along on Saturday

Just now, gdevoy said:

I understand where you are coming from but I think in practical terms quite a few of our guys could do with the rest.

Haha, yes to clarify - can't come quick enough as a fan! xD

Going to need some well rested players for this mob, looked very good against the sheep.

Yeah Dicker looks to be back and could do with 1 of Power/Tish back, they have plenty in the middle but Mulumbu / Dicker / Rory should be enough. McGinn definitely got the better of Mulumbu in the game at Easter Road.

Also wonder if we'll keep the 3 attacking players or drop 1 back in to midfield, either way Stevie knows best!

Dicker will prob start and could play alongside Mulumbu and Taylor (or possibly Tshibola if fit) in the midfield 3. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Brophy dropped to the bench and McKenzie moved further forward alongside JJ and Boyd due to the defensive qualities he also provides 

Edited by BigYin

28 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Dicker will prob start and could play alongside Mulumbu and Taylor (or possibly Tshibola if fit) in the midfield 3. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Brophy dropped to the bench and McKenzie moved further forward alongside JJ and Boyd due to the defensive qualities he also provides 

Can't drop the wolf. 

Brophy, Mulumbu and Boyd were all gubbed by the second half on Saturday. It was no wonder Jones went off with cramp, he was a one man bleep test for the last 40 minutes. He's had a bit of stick for his final ball on Saturday but he was carrying it for 30-40 yards before having one player to hit most of the time. I tend to agree about playing a 4th midfielder though and play Jones off Boyd against Hibs. 

I think the last game against us was the least influential Ive seen McGinn all season! He did get the better of us a few times but with defence playing pretty deep and well covered in the middle he was mostly frustrated. Where they did get us was down the flanks especially their left. I hope SOD and Taylor are both fit for this one and perhaps play Dicker really deep as an extra defender. Id like to see Jones being allowed to sit on the defenders and try to play balls through utilising his pace. Give him 10 one on one's he will probably score 2. 

McDonald 

SOD  Broadfoot  Greer/Boyd  Findlay                  

Dicker

McKenzie/Tish  Mulumbu  Taylor

Boyd/Erwin 

Jones

Would love to see Jones played more directly than expected, he is a bit predictable and I'm sure Neil Lennon will make sure he has a difficult game out wide.

Kiilie Hibs

Dee Well

Accies Thistle

Gers Hearts

St.J  R.C

Cel Dons

If we were to win it would be a really good result for us looking at the fixtures!

Can’t agree that McGinn had a poor game at Easter road. I though he bossed the midfield and outclassed mulumbu on the day. I think he has got to the level that he requires special attention. If we can blunt mcginn they are half the team. Anyone do a marking job on him?....Rory or Gary d. Dicker a lot to sacrifice in this manner but maybe Rory could do the job to nullify him. Looking forward to a real classic between two good teams.

9 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Can’t agree that McGinn had a poor game at Easter road. I though he bossed the midfield and outclassed mulumbu on the day. I think he has got to the level that he requires special attention. If we can blunt mcginn they are half the team. Anyone do a marking job on him?....Rory or Gary d. Dicker a lot to sacrifice in this manner but maybe Rory could do the job to nullify him. Looking forward to a real classic between two good teams.

Agreed. McGinn ran the show