Hibees fred

skygod

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

Brophy possibly sacrificed for a more defensively aware Rory?

maybe drop to a 4-5-1 when we’ve not got the ball and Rory and JJ can get up and down quickly to support when we do?

Maybe drop into 4-4-1-1 to let JJ roam a bit looking for space to break

Scott Boyd drops out altogether.

Would like to see Brophy with Boyd - if we bring Brophy on it will probably be either to replace Boyd or when he is tiring.

I can't see Boyd playing today, midweek and the cup tie next Saturday. Chance for Erwin at Tynie?

Edited by skygod

No surprise at LB especially with no Greer or Scott Boyd in the squad. 

Good to see Power back. To date the three of Power, Dicker and Mulumbu has been the best grouping we’ve had so great to see them reunited. 

Its slightly disappointing that Brophy isn’t starting. He’s become a fan favourite and is a real threat attacking wise. A great option off the bench though. 

3 minutes ago, Jamsie said:

Good to see Rory in again. He's obviously got a role to play now and not just shoehorned in anywhere there's a space. Slowly winning his critics round? 

He is still drifting between a couple of positions. Not being shoehorned in for sure. He’s got a far clearer idea of what he’s in the team to do. I’ve been critical of him before. Since he has come back into the team recently he’s done very well.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

Would like to see Brophy with Boyd - if we bring Brophy on it will probably be either to replace Boyd or when he is tiring.

I can't Boyd playing today, midweek and the cup tie next Saturday. Chance for Erwin at Tynie?

Looks like Scott may be injured as Wilson is only central defender on the bench.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I can't Boyd playing today, midweek and the cup tie next Saturday. Chance for Erwin at Tynie?

Kris Boyd has played a lot more football since the winter break than I thought he would. A prolonged run out against Brora, almost the full 90 against Dundee and over an hour last week. I think he’s been well managed now though and that’s allowing him to do more. 

It’s horses for courses...we need to compete against this midfield..and I wouldn’t be surprised if Rory got a man marking asignment....we are not good enough ( yet) to say “ this is our best11 come and beat us”...we have different teams and systems for different opposition...it’s called management and fortunately we got someone at the helm that understands it better than most....

• CB pinned this topic