Hibees fred

skygod

7 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I posted on another thread about Neil Lennon. I like him and I don't think for a moment that all this is - and especially his rants today - about mental health. He hates losing and he hates feeling hard done by and he chooses to demonstrate this in his words and actions. He got sent off and he will be banned and that is fine. He is raging the same as we were raging when Louis Walsh gave a penalty and a booking for Dicker a fortnight ago. So what?

Because he is the manager of a team and has a different standard of rules and behaviours that he has to adhere to. 

24 minutes ago, historyman said:

Because he is the manager of a team and has a different standard of rules and behaviours that he has to adhere to. 

That's surely down to Hibs to ensure he behaves himself though. If they say nothing then why should he change? I'd imagine they knew what they were getting when appointing him but it's Hibs business to keep him in check.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

His behaviour in front of the ref when getting sent to the stand was totally disgraceful. There is no excuse for that and I agree that mental health issues cannot be given as a justification for everything. He has to abide by the rules of the game like everyone else. 

Sawyers got a year long ban for less and that was directed at a bitter wee Tim in the Dundee dugout!!

Lennon I have always felt sorry for. He's had nail bombs sent to him, death threats for just being a Catholic FFS and has had a pretty horrible time of it. He's actually a pretty decent bloke away from football as well.

However it's actions like yesterday that make you realise why he's an easy target. As others have said, I genuinely thought at one stage he was going to lamp the ref. I'd imagine he will get at least a three game ban and has kissed goodbye to any hope he had of beating SSC to the manager of the year award.

Edited by Bullitt

26 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Sawyers got a year long ban for less and that was directed at a bitter wee Tim in the Dundee dugout!!

Lennon I have always felt sorry for. He's had nail bombs sent to him, death threats for just being a Catholic FFS and has had a pretty horrible time of it. He's actually a pretty decent bloke away from football as well.

However it's actions like yesterday that make you realise why he's an easy target. As others have said, I genuinely thought at one stage he was going to lamp the ref. I'd imagine he will get at least a three game ban and has kissed goodbye to any hope he had of beating SSC to the manager of the year award.

The brief audience I had with him on a night out I didn’t find him likeable at all.

Yesterday I thought he really overstepped the mark even by his standards. You could see by the look on his coaching staffs faces that he’d gone to far. Three games is probably about right but the SFA and SPFL to a lesser extent have taken a real battering recently and might just look to make an example of him. 

Regarding Mr Lennon his behaviour yesterday was appalling and his interview on Hibs TV blaming the pitch and hinting at Killie skulduggery for not watering it had all the hallmarks of a spoilt brat who hadn't got his way.

Also his condemnation of Referees and their poor standard (although I agree with him on this) is reminiscent to when he was at Celtic where he claimed there was a bias against Celtic and puts them under pressure on a 50/50 to give it his way.

He brings the game into disrepute by losing it on TV and should address his complaints through his club to the appropriate authority.

As for our pitch (note not advocating we keep it) even neutrals saying the best games they have seen on Telly this season have been at RP.....

With regards to not watering the pitch I don’t recall seeing us do it since Clarke came in. Maybe it should be watered I don’t know but it’s hardly skullduggery if we don’t do it against every opponent. 

The pitch is an easy excuse for opponents to use now. All this chat about bobbles and bounces is crap as well. No one is playing on it for the first time anymore. There’s plenty of video to study and learn any differences in it. You have to play Rugby Park the same way you had to play the cow field at Fir Park a few years ago and every other dodgy surface in the league. Not working it out is lazy management. Before teams could come and beat an easy opponent now it’s tougher they don’t want to acknowledge they are unprepared.

3 hours ago, red_dug said:

Brilliant performance yesterday and deserved to win in the end. I've no idea why there's such a fuss over the penalty award........it's a hand ball. Maybe not deliberate but hardly the worst decision i've ever seen. 

Only gripe with yesterday is our total lack of a threat from corners and wide free kicks. With our height and experience in there against an 18 year old centre back i'd have expected at least some efforts on target from all those set pieces.

How many times have you seen a penalty given for a wee push or slight touch when a player is heading away from goal towards the corner flag, right on the edge of the box. It's a foul & penalty because it is in the box, same as yesterday it doesn't matter if the original shot was going wide. If the player knew it was going wide he should just have let it go instead of jumping up in it's path.

12 minutes ago, Arderkilliesier said:

Regarding Mr Lennon his behaviour yesterday was appalling and his interview on Hibs TV blaming the pitch and hinting at Killie skulduggery for not watering it had all the hallmarks of a spoilt brat who hadn't got his way.

Just saw his interview. It would have been nice if he complimented Kilmarnock on a good fightback etc. Instead started  complaining about the pitch, although at the start of the game or even when they won last time it wasn't a issue. It's unbelievable how every losing manager blames the pitch, however when getting results it was never an problem. He also said he can see how we have been unbeaten on the pitch as if now its all of a sudden a advantage for us. IMO it has more to to with having a great manager in place rather than the pitch.

Neil Lennon should learn about dignity from Eddie Jones, Scotland pump England at rugby then 3mins after the game he praised Scotland team, fans when obviously hurting. Lennon take note on how grown men behave.

3 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Just saw his interview. It would have been nice if he complimented Kilmarnock on a good fightback etc. Instead started  complaining about the pitch, although at the start of the game or even when they won last time it wasn't a issue. It's unbelievable how every losing manager blames the pitch, however when getting results it was never an problem. He also said he can see how we have been unbeaten on the pitch as if now its all of a sudden a advantage for us. IMO it has more to to with having a great manager in place rather than the pitch.

Neil Lennon should learn about dignity from Eddie Jones, Scotland pump England at rugby then 3mins after the game he praised Scotland team, fans when obviously hurting. Lennon take note on how grown men behave.

Thought Jones appeared absolutely livid after the game yesterday but he simply bit his lip said what needed to be said in the immediate aftermath of the game and will no doubt analyse the whole match in detail in the coming days. 

Lennon would have done well to step back and allow his assistant to do the post match. He clearly struggles to control his emotions and has done more harm than good with his rants.

1 hour ago, harley said:

How many times have you seen a penalty given for a wee push or slight touch when a player is heading away from goal towards the corner flag, right on the edge of the box. It's a foul & penalty because it is in the box, same as yesterday it doesn't matter if the original shot was going wide. If the player knew it was going wide he should just have let it go instead of jumping up in it's path.

He didn't just jump in its path, he then turned his back on it and drew up his hands to protect himself when he flinched.

It's essentially a penalty for being a big jessie.

Jordan Jones feels Killie displayed a never-say-die attitude during their 2-2 draw with Hibernian.

The Northern Ireland international was a constant thorn in the visitors' side, hitting the post before sparking the comeback with a wonder strike after 58 minutes.

Kris Boyd completed the recovery from the penalty spot from a move started by Jones when robbing Efe Ambrose of possession.

While Killie were disappointed to drop two points and miss out on extending our run of consecutive home wins to eight, Jones was pleased with the reaction to early goals from Florian Kamberi and Ryan Porteous.

He said: "It was a sloppy first 15 minutes but the lads have got unbelievable character and we showed it again.

"I hit a strike like that the last time we played against Hibs here and he (goalkeeper Ofir Marciano) kept it out so I was pleased this one went in."

Manager Steve Clarke felt his team were the better side throughout after a shaky opening period.

"At half-time I told them the best team was losing 2-0 and they should go out and do something about it in the second half and I thought they did," he said.

"I think we've shown since I've been at the club that the spirit is good. We can always react to adversity and we've done it before.

"I picked up some snippets from the experts on the TV saying that after half an hour we grew into the game, I disagree with that. If you take out the two incidents at the two goals which were two minute incidents but key incidents, we were always the better team: more aggression, first to the ball, better passing, creating better chances."

5 things I learned yesterday.......1.never come on to a forum and praise nl for a more balanced and mature outlook the day before a game, his actions yesterday make me look like a fanny...seems leapords don’t change spots 2. our midfield is even better than I realised. With the 3 non scots of mulumbu, power and dicker in the centre we really have someth8mg special. I’m a huge fan of mcginn but was he on the park second half? We totally outplayed the hibs trio 3. We need to ease up on jj. Those of you who question his value will notice the difference when he’s gone ( and he will be gone for a £1m fee in the summer). I can’t think of a better outlet in Scottish football right now. Ask any opposition fans who they fear and most will say jj. That goal yesterday was class. Yes, the curling finish bu5 the way he created the space in a tight Area was top class. Can’t even begin to think how we can directly replace him. 4. The squad mentality is incredible. We’d can5 control luck and we won’t always play well but having this strength of character will serve us well throughout the tough times. Amazing and completely down to the management team 5. I think the crowds are coming back. I think yesterday was decent in the circumstances of TV game. With the positive momentum an£ better weather ahead, I think we’ll see 6000 for a non old firm game by end of season. This would be a good baseline to build on for next season where summer signings and heightened ambition based on new nvstment can take us on. Good to be killie.