Hibees fred

skygod

Never saw a replay of the incident that led to the corner for their 2nd goal, but at first view I thought it was a clear offside or a goal kick for us, I was amazed when they got a corner....anyone else see it that way or am I getting "Lennon syndrome"? xD
Anyway, sitting at half time feeling fairly sure we would come back into this game despite being 2 doon to a very good team is a strange feeling, but one I'm getting used to :D

Their keeper saved them from defeat with two outstanding saves, but proud of the spirit in this team and the way we ran them ragged in the 2nd half :hurrah::hurrah:

JJ was at his frustrating best once again.  For both Hibs goals we were attacking in their half and he gave away the ball giving the opportunity to break quickly,  you all know the result.  For the rest of the first half he regularly either lost the ball gave the ball away or sent in  a useless cross.  2nd half he certainly improved and what a cracker he scored.

23 minutes ago, RayD said:

Never saw a replay of the incident that led to the corner for their 2nd goal, but at first view I thought it was a clear offside or a goal kick for us, I was amazed when they got a corner....anyone else see it that way or am I getting "Lennon syndrome"? xD
Anyway, sitting at half time feeling fairly sure we would come back into this game despite being 2 doon to a very good team is a strange feeling, but one I'm getting used to :D

Their keeper saved them from defeat with two outstanding saves, but proud of the spirit in this team and the way we ran them ragged in the 2nd half :hurrah::hurrah:

Allan took the corner from outside of the circle. Cheats!

Brilliant. I absolutely love watching this Killie team. Never looked rattled. Should have won. Second half performance with real purposes. Thought Power and Taylor in particular were superb. Comparing this to our previous Hibs games is a great marker of progress. When you take into account that Dicker was out last week and Power is just back from injury, you' think midfield can only get better. If I'm allowed, in a very quiet voice, yo question Clarke, I though we were poorer without a physical presence when Boyd went off and that Brophy should have started. But a great day. 

3 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Brilliant. I absolutely love watching this Killie team. Never looked rattled. Should have won. Second half performance with real purposes. Thought Power and Taylor in particular were superb. Comparing this to our previous Hibs games is a great marker of progress. When you take into account that Dicker was out last week and Power is just back from injury, you' think midfield can only get better. If I'm allowed, in a very quiet voice, yo question Clarke, I though we were poorer without a physical presence when Boyd went off and that Brophy should have started. But a great day. 

I felt we were a different threat with Brophy on. Boyd had battled with their CBs all game and then we were looking to run them. Biggest issue was their was no high out ball. How many chances did we have with Brophy as opposed to Boyd?

39 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

JJ was at his frustrating best once again.  For both Hibs goals we were attacking in their half and he gave away the ball giving the opportunity to break quickly,  you all know the result.  For the rest of the first half he regularly either lost the ball gave the ball away or sent in  a useless cross.  2nd half he certainly improved and what a cracker he scored.

That's very unfair on Jones. I don't think he was responsible for any way for their goals. He didn't lose the ball in dangerous positions, we should have defended both situations far better. For the first one MacKenzie got sucked in and left Stevenson in miles of space and for the second MacDonald and the whole of our defence stood like statues when the corner came in and they had a free header for about 6 yards.

What Jones did do was get us back into the match with an absolutely stunning goal and he ran himself into the ground in the second half. 

We had no failures today - lost a couple of early sloppy goals but fought back like tigers and totally dominated the second half. Power was immense and I thought both Taylor and Finlay had their best games in a Killie shirt. Hard to choose a MOM between those three. If Finlay keeps that up then that's our centre half for next season.

Overall a really great game and a bit disappointed we didn't win based on the chances we created in the second half. 

55 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Who would you not have played to play Brophy (who I think was unlucky not to start), but the way the team was set out, the person in Brophy's position was Mulumbu and surely you ain't dropping him!

I'm sure Clarke would agree with over the physicality aspect of Boyd but he's the manager and he needs to make sure he is available every week and if that means 70 instead of 90 for Boyd, surely fair enough?

Thoroughly enjoyed that today and the never say die attitude from the team after a poor start. 

I thought Power was fabulous today, followed closely by Taylor.  Findlay came onto a really good game too and did a lot of good defensive work especially after we equalised and pushed for a winner.

It is amazing how Clarke has turned around these players into a team who are so hard to beat. 

5 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Who would you not have played to play Brophy (who I think was unlucky not to start), but the way the team was set out, the person in Brophy's position was Mulumbu and surely you ain't dropping him!

I'm sure Clarke would agree with over the physicality aspect of Boyd but he's the manager and he needs to make sure he is available every week and if that means 70 instead of 90 for Boyd, surely fair enough?

Yeah no complaints overall just wondering aloud. I think Brophy could have started instead of Rory. But we might have lost too much defensively. Hard on to judge - I just wonder if we're getting to the point where Brophy had to start, he's so potent.

On the physicality, I thought it was a clever move, because by and large our chances where coming with ball and to feet. And Brophy created loads when on. But equally, we lost the ball an awful lot in the air and let Hibs back into it just a bit. All small things though - great day. 

Second half Rory was much more positive in looking to go forward. In the first he seemed to be holding back a bit. I would’ve been tempted to replace him with Brophy or Kiltie at the break. He had a good game overall and his engine up and down the park were excellent as we pushed for the win something Kiltie, Brophy or Erwin wouldn’t have offered. 

3 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Yeah no complaints overall just wondering aloud. I think Brophy could have started instead of Rory. But we might have lost too much defensively. Hard on to judge - I just wonder if we're getting to the point where Brophy had to start, he's so potent.

On the physicality, I thought it was a clever move, because by and large our chances where coming with ball and to feet. And Brophy created loads when on. But equally, we lost the ball an awful lot in the air and let Hibs back into it just a bit. All small things though - great day. 

I think you've nailed it with the defensive point. I agree on Brophy, but finally, we have a team that gets picked and there are people who don't deserve to miss out and this week it was him.

I also think that playing Mulumbu higher allowed him to disrupt Hibs earlier and further up the park.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

That's very unfair on Jones. I don't think he was responsible for any way for their goals. He didn't lose the ball in dangerous positions, we should have defended both situations far better. For the first one MacKenzie got sucked in and left Stevenson in miles of space and for the second MacDonald and the whole of our defence stood like statues when the corner came in and they had a free header for about 6 yards.

What Jones did do was get us back into the match with an absolutely stunning goal and he ran himself into the ground in the second half. 

We had no failures today - lost a couple of early sloppy goals but fought back like tigers and totally dominated the second half. Power was immense and I thought both Taylor and Finlay had their best games in a Killie shirt. Hard to choose a MOM between those three. If Finlay keeps that up then that's our centre half for next season.

Overall a really great game and a bit disappointed we didn't win based on the chances we created in the second half. 

Absolutey nailed it! 

A joy to watch, and the fighting spirit we have now, that gets us back in to these games we would previously have lost,  is just immense.

6 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Steve Clarke has the magic eye for tactics, like many contributors I thought he should have changed things earlier however that’s why he is in the dug-out and not any of us!!

We are the luckiest fans in the country to have ‘The Man’.

Correct. Easily the most tactically capable manager I've seen watching Killie over the last 40 years. Heard Radio Scotland pundits saying Mulumbu was played too high up the pitch but he pressed high on their back four and it meant they couldn't get the ball easily to mcginn and mcgeoch and Dicker and Power gradually smothered them.  Clarke has had an impact at half time on almost every game weve played in the last few months. I'm learning not to question his selections, tactics and substitutions because he's pretty much always right !! Fantastic time at the moment 

10 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Steve Clarke has the magic eye for tactics, like many contributors I thought he should have changed things earlier however that’s why he is in the dug-out and not any of us!!

We are the luckiest fans in the country to have ‘The Man’.

We sure are. I thought he needed to change it and so did a lot of others but Clarke kept things the same, and the team came back from two goals down and totally dominated with same XI in the same formation. 

I heard him on the radio on the way to the match and he talked about Hibs with more knowledge and understanding than our recent managers would ever have done. He is real master of the game a a very astute tactician.