Is the most entertaining football produced in 20 years

Garnkirk20

12 minutes ago, Garnkirk20 said:

The level of entertainment being produced at Rugby Park is I think possibly the best I have seen for at least 20 years..the last 4 home games have just been phenomenal...

Comment qualified by a state of euphoria which is starting to cloud my judgement!! 

The level of entertainment being served up is the best I remember in 45 years of going to games...

Comment qualified by a state of euphoria and possibly senility

Mixu's team for me played a more attractive brand of football and were far more fluid. This team though not as easy on the eye at times in terms of passing game are just as entertaining. Second half today and that last half hour against Dundee were as good as I remember in recent years. Add to that the two games against the OF and it’s a good time to be a Killie fan

4 hours ago, Garnkirk20 said:

The level of entertainment being produced at Rugby Park is I think possibly the best I have seen for at least 20 years..the last 4 home games have just been phenomenal...

Comment qualified by a state of euphoria which is starting to cloud my judgement!! 

It's definitely a comparable side to the Williamson title challenging one from 1998 or Mixu 2010. 

It is frustrating though that home attendances have hardly increased despite having the best manager and team that we could reasonably expect to have. It's hard to believe that there are better things to do in Killie on a Saturday. 

The current state of football means that we're only a bad managerial appointment away from being Dunfermline or Dundee United. Four years ago Dundee United fans were in a state of nirvana over their young side- talking about  title challenges  etc. We have to enjoy this while it lasts. 

2 minutes ago, Garvis said:

I’m seriously thinking of putting a bet on us winning the league next year we’re playing better football than any other team in the league right now just think what we’ll be like when we strengthen in the summer and get a preseason under our belts WOW JUST FRIGGING WOW 

I don't remember Brendan's Celtic side losing two massively soft goals in the first ten minutes on more than one occasion.

We've done it twice now in two months in televised matches. We need to sort that out before we start talking about Europe.

7 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I don't remember Brendan's Celtic side losing two massively soft goals in the first ten minutes on more than one occasion.

We've done it twice now in two months in televised matches. We need to sort that out before we start talking about Europe.

Should have walked away with 3 points today and let’s be honest hibs are one of the best footballing sides in the league and we schooled them for 70mins today as for Brenda he’s a one trick pony hadn’t a clue how to change things at RP when we beat them 

Edited by Garvis

10 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Although he’s had one transfer window can we really say this is Steve Clarke’s side yet. It will be interesting and exciting to see how he reshapes us in the summer when the transfers aren’t going to be deemed as fillers and quick fixes.

6 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Should have walked away with 3 points today and let’s be honest hibs are one of the best footballing sides in the league and we schooled them for 70mins today as for Brenda he’s a one trick pony hadn’t a clue how to change things at RP when we beat them 

Agreed- we should have won comfortably but for some reason started apprehensively as we did against Aberdeen. The two fastest goals in the SPL this season are both against Steve Clarke's Killie.

Just now, fraz65 said:

Agreed- we should have won comfortably but for some reason started apprehensively as we did against Aberdeen. The two fastest goals in the SPL this season are both against Steve Clarke's Killie.

It’s annoying because when we settle we can beat anybody in the league 

48 minutes ago, piffer said:

Mixu's team for me played a more attractive brand of football and were far more fluid. This team though not as easy on the eye at times in terms of passing game are just as entertaining. Second half today and that last half hour against Dundee were as good as I remember in recent years. Add to that the two games against the OF and it’s a good time to be a Killie fan

Agree with this, Mixu (with Eremenko's help) had us playing some lovely football at times.

This squad have that capacity, but just don't show it as often. But... They do show, much more frequently now, that they will fight and harry the opposition and not give up.  That, added to the ability to play the attractive football when they want/need to, just makes them a very entertaining side to watch! 

Long may that continue, we're definitely due it! 

Edited by jesper

56 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

That is true and I doubt this team at the median age could sustain a full challenge next year over the course of the season.  But bear in mind that Clarke has not had a full pre-season and this is basically the team that McCulloch signed.  I expect Clarke to be signing big athletic players in the mold of Tshibola(not based on only his signing but also Clarke preference of player) and I think we will be in the mix with Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs and why can't we chase Celtic.  Let's dare to dream.

On a side note Celtic showed their mettle on Thursday night in a similar way to how they crumpled to Hearts and ourselves.  That is a team that believe they should win by divine right and have no character when put under pressure.  I believe that if a team really put the pressure on Celtic in the league and didn't crumple like Aberdeen in the head to heads Celtic would chuck it.  Flat track bullies defined.

Genuinely buzzing at going to the football every week now. Not been like this since Mixu season. 

So many good games and performances. 

Partick, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee and Both Hibs games have been superb to watch. The pundits are waxing lyrical about us at the moment and it's a nice change. 

My mate from work and his 2 sons were at their first game in like 10 years so we're doing something right.

On 24/02/2018 at 9:14 PM, Garvis said:

I’m seriously thinking of putting a bet on us winning the league next year we’re playing better football than any other team in the league right now just think what we’ll be like when we strengthen in the summer and get a preseason under our belts WOW JUST FRIGGING WOW 

I'd give you double the odds you'd get at the bookies. 

We are a really great team just now but we are a long way from being a team that can win the title. Top six this season and next would be fantastic. 

14 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’d kill Jim Jefferies (latter team)

That is where the rot really began to set in, apart from the Mixu blip.

The diehard's just got used to more and more s**te and everyone else found something better to do on a Saturday.

Things are changing but I was brought up in an era when teams expected nothing form RP and hopefully SC can bring those days back.