Sheep away

Iainwhitton

I stay in Glasgow and have got tickets for tomorrow’s game. Weather in north of Glasgow  is horrendous can’t get out my street to get to work never mind travel to Aberdeen. Unless there is a vast improvement in the road conditions can’t see this game going ahead. Totally gutted been looking forward to to this game since draw was announced.

Some of the road conditions faced by officers in Aberdeenshire last night. Whilst the roads may appear fine in places, drifting and passing snow showers create impossible conditions to drive in. Please heed the weather warnings, we may have to drive through this to get to you!

13 hours ago, Bullitt said:

If we had a league game on Tuesday following the Aberdeen fixture and we got a draw against the Dons... what fixture would be played, the league game or the cup?

The cup game, hence why it would be played on Tuesday if it's called off tomorrow. If it's called off again, it'll be the following midweek. That's how it works. How hard is that to understand. Are you just wanting to make up rules to suit ourselves here?

The replay dates are already set. Have been for days. I don't see why folk are getting their knickers twisted about it being next Saturday if it's called off today. It's NEVER been an option.

If we were out the cup and due to go to Dingwall next Saturday and the roles were reversed then there would be an uproar if County wanted the game switched to midweek.

Same way there was folk moaning about us being in Dingwall midweek in December.

50 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The cup game, hence why it would be played on Tuesday if it's called off tomorrow. If it's called off again, it'll be the following midweek. That's how it works. How hard is that to understand. Are you just wanting to make up rules to suit ourselves here?

The replay dates are already set. Have been for days. I don't see why folk are getting their knickers twisted about it being next Saturday if it's called off today. It's NEVER been an option.

If we were out the cup and due to go to Dingwall next Saturday and the roles were reversed then there would be an uproar if County wanted the game switched to midweek.

Same way there was folk moaning about us being in Dingwall midweek in December.

Another lecture! 

Would imagine if the team set off then there will be very good chance the game is going ahead. Ditto if Steve Clarke is on radio saying he expects it to be on. Unfortunately, in these circumstances, traveling fans don't really get taken into consideration, as long as area around the stadium is safe and the Away team can get there, that is all that will be of concern to the authorities

3 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Would imagine if the team set off then there will be very good chance the game is going ahead. Ditto if Steve Clarke is on radio saying he expects it to be on. Unfortunately, in these circumstances, traveling fans don't really get taken into consideration, as long as area around the stadium is safe and the Away team can get there, that is all that will be of concern to the authorities

I would agree it's looking more positive than it did yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's as simple as that. The key for me is what the central belt is like. I'm not really seeing anything from up here which would ordinarily put a game off, but I think the numbers of folk travelling will come into consideration by the police.