Sheep away

Iainwhitton

46 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Quotes from Greg Taylor.........

I think 14:00 GMT is when the bus sets off [on Friday], so hopefully up there for about 17:00 or 18:00," said Taylor when asked about the wintry weather.

"We'll get in, get a bite to eat, get some rest and be ready for tomorrow.

"The fans, since the gaffer has come in, have been brilliant home and away, so I think they'll be there in their numbers. They are looking forward to their day out and I don't think the Beast from the East is going to stop them."

Beast from the East meets Beast from the Burns.

1 hour ago, kwini88 said:

Last minute decision to go for me. Managed to get a space on a bus leaving from top Tesco in Killie at 9.00 tomorrow morning. Still a few spaces left if anyone is looking. 

Just confirmed I'll also be travelling on this bus. First trip back to Pittodrie since cup game replay in Feb 1984. Game and result back then is best forgotten including getting chased down Union Street and losing 2 cans of McEwan export out of my dunkey jaiket pocket  after the usual skirmish with the local sheep  shearer's  back in the 80's. Buzzing for the game and hoping for a result to make up for back then. Big jacket with deeper pockets on the ready, hope they've got Uber cause I canny run like I used to. Mon the Killie. 

4 hours ago, Asasaid said:

Just confirmed I'll also be travelling on this bus. First trip back to Pittodrie since cup game replay in Feb 1984. Game and result back then is best forgotten including getting chased down Union Street and losing 2 cans of McEwan export out of my dunkey jaiket pocket  after the usual skirmish with the local sheep  shearer's  back in the 80's. Buzzing for the game and hoping for a result to make up for back then. Big jacket with deeper pockets on the ready, hope they've got Uber cause I canny run like I used to. Mon the Killie. 

Wasnt there a legendary moment at that game (same stramash) when a Stewartonian called Ian Goudie (?) was cornered in a lane nr King St/Union St by a squad of Dons neds ? Apparently as they slowly closed in tae administer the severe malky tae Ian he desperately elected on a desperate measure.....he burst intae singing "Wae ma Kilmarnock Bunnet" complete wae dance moves incl a soft shoe shuffle ! Legend had it the Dons concluded they were dealin wae a care-in-the-community-daftie and walkd away fae the final cabaret performance. Always thought if this wisnae true....it shudv been !

3 hours ago, Killie Minogue said:

Heading up by car tomorrow. Any suggestions on where best to park??

I use the car park for Transition Extreme, Links Road, AB24 5NN......bit cheeky I know but you can appease your guilt by nipping in for a coffee..

Short walk by road to the away end or over the hill adjacent to the Cemetery....but only when the weather is fine...