Scotland squad next week

Craigieboy

Very interested to see the route he goes down here. I really hope McLeish is brave enough to give youth a chance. Really try and build a squad for the future.

I’d like to see some involvement for the young CBs everyone is raving about. This is the chance to build. These boys are playing week in week out and performing at a high level for some of the best teams in the country. Someone like Liam Lindsay has done quite well since moving down to England. Played a lot of championship football after a couple of seasons with Partick's first team. He was if rumours are to be believed attracting interest from the EPL in January.

Murty is pushing for Sevco players to replace Brown. IMO the likes of McGinn, McGeough, Shinnie and McLean are all well ahead of any Sevco midfielders at the moment.

Someone like Oli McBurnie is performing very well on loan at Barnsley. Scored a couple of goals in the last couple of games and was getting a bit of EPL game time albeit in a poor Swansea side. 

On 01/03/2018 at 5:33 PM, piffer said:

Very interested to see the route he goes down here. I really hope McLeish is brave enough to give youth a chance. Really try and build a squad for the future.

Getting Scott McTominay looks a great addition.  Born in England, raised in England, but his Dad's Scottish and I'm guessing his Dad's made him Scottish.  Big thing to reject England for a 21 year old Man United player , with Englands dominance at youth level and Gareth Southgate trying to persuade him to go with the country of his birth.

Only seen him once, but was in Champions league and he looked a right quality player.  Got picked instead of Paul Pogba!  I presumed with the name and not knowing about him, he was from Northern Ireland.

Bit like Darren Fletcher, but more physical and maybe a bit better going forward.  He'll get at least 50 caps IMO.  

Edited by RAG

Shinnie wouldn’t have a chance of getting near the left back slot. IMO better CMs have been selected so Shinnie would be a utility player at best. 

Surprised at some of the inclusions but delighted to see the likes of McTominay and McBurnie in the squad. 

Looks a bit short in the striking department.

6 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Grant feckin' Hanley! That's really planning for the future. Cummings a nonsense decision as well. 

Disappointed no Burke. I'd have him in squad and starting. Ritchie overlooked too. 

Hanley’s only 26/27 so hardly past it. Been getting rave reviews in Norwich recently so not a surprise. Russell Martin on other hand can’t get into a s**t Rankers defence and is now 33. 

Matt Ritchie named so you’re having a bit of a ‘mare old son!

Even Berra not in and probably the in form centre half in the country. Liam Lindsay and Cooper at Leeds surely need to be given a chance to see if they can handle this level? 

Midfield looks really strong at the moment though. Mctominay Armstrong and one of Mcginn or mcgregor looks solid. Folk like Ritchie in there aswell.

Can see half the celtic players pulling out. Championship players pushing for playoffs like Cairney might pull out too.

Tierney and Martin drop out and the bastion of international football is called up to replace them...

Jack Hendry!?! Are you f**king kidding me?!? The boy is such a bombs are that he makes Sissoko look solid.

Big Eck just showing that all you need to play for your country is a green and white hoop or blue jersey!

Edited by Hungryhippo

On 20/03/2018 at 6:50 AM, Hungryhippo said:

Tierney and Martin drop out and the bastion of international football is called up to replace them...

Jack Hendry!?! Are you f**king kidding me?!? The boy is such a bombs are that he makes Sissoko look solid.

Big Eck just showing that all you need to play for your country is a green and white hoop or blue jersey!

Would he have been called not the squad if he was still at Dundee? Not a chance. But a few very dodgy performances for Tic and there you go. 

• 4 weeks later...