Red sheep (cup), Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Mentioned on the commentary a lot of their fans coming from the shire would've been cut off, seems to have been hard getting to Aberdeen from routes other than the A90.

Sorry but that’s a crock of s**t from them. I stay in inverurie and the roads are all clear.  Piss poor excuse, s**tey stadium, s**tey home support totally out sung by a f**king fantastic Killie support.

7 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Mentioned on the commentary a lot of their fans coming from the shire would've been cut off, seems to have been hard getting to Aberdeen from routes other than the A90.

Aberdeen has a population of around 213000. Terrible crowd from them even taking out the outlying villages.

48 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I really enjoyed that. We were definitely the better team in the second half but happy to settle for a draw. 

I thought Power and Dicker were outstanding. The team were well organised and we should have nothing to fear from the replay, particularly if King Yousseff is back. 

We were defo the better team 2nd half. Looked the more likely. I rekon you have 50/60 minutes to beat us then yer hooped. Coldest place on Earth mind!

• CB unpinned this topic

Wasn't a great performance but a great away support. Draw was about fair I suppose cos after the first half thought we didn't look like scoring. Good we can have an out of sorts performance and still come away with a draw. Hope Mulumbu makes the replay was a big miss today.. 

Killie earned a Scottish Cup quarter final replay thanks to a penalty from Kris Boyd.

Boyd made no mistake from 12 yards to secure a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie and give Steve Clarke's men another shot at reaching the last four.

A fantastic Killie support of 1368 battled through the harsh winter weather, which had hit the country over the past week to see their side fight for every ball.

Graeme Shinnie gave the hosts the lead inside the opening ten minutes as his cross/shot found a way past Jamie MacDonald and into the corner of the net.

Without Youssouf Mulumbu and Gordon Greer from the midweek draw with Hearts, Gary Dicker and Stuart Findlay returned to the starting XI. Kris Boyd partnered Brophy in attack and both were to have busy afternoons.

Brophy had a penalty appeal turned down in front of the Richard Donald Stand as Killie rallied from losing the opening goal.

Kirk Broadfoot, who enjoyed another excellent game at the back, was a threat at the other end  as he forced former Killie loan star Freddie Woodman into a fine save.

The visiting support never lost faith and they were rewarded with a dominant display from their team in the second period.

Boyd, who slashed a volley wide late in the first half, was linking up well with substitute Lee Erwin with Jordan Jones also proving more of a threat as the match wore on.

Confusion between Kari Arnason and Shay Logan saw Jones brought down in the box and Boyd stepped up to fire a fine penalty past the helpless Woodman.

The Killie forward certainly enjoyed the celebration in front of the Aberdeen support as the Killie fans roared with delight.

Steve Clarke pushed for a winner with Chris Burke and Greg Kitie introduced to the action as the home fans vented their frustration.

Neither side could find a late goal and will meet again at Rugby Park on Tuesday, March 13. 

Kilmarnock: MacDonald; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor; Power, Dicker, McKenzie (Burke), Jones, Brophy (Erwin), K.Boyd (Kiltie) 

Att: 8739 

11 minutes ago, OdieStracs said:

Any chance the replay might be on telly?? If it isn't im making a pilgrimage from Essex for it!! Anyone know a good Travelodge!!!

Aye. The one at tap end o A*r is well affordable, especially bookd weel in advance/can cancel nae charge 24hrs b4.  On the bus route tae Killie. Used it a few times on trips tae Gods County.

15 minutes ago, OdieStracs said:

Any chance the replay might be on telly?? If it isn't im making a pilgrimage from Essex for it!! Anyone know a good Travelodge!!!

The one at Bellfield interchange or you could use the Premier Inn at Moorfield (well within staggering distance of RP).:29:

Away support was magic today,their pitch is awful & nobody should complain about ours compared to that mess. 1st half was 50/50 for me but 2nd half we were by far the better side & a bit more composure in the final third & we’d have won that game. Honourable mentions for Taylor,Power & Dicker with Erwin linking up well at times & continues to look more interested now but big Kirk was man of the match for me,pity his header in the 1st half didn’t go in cos I reckon he’d have been in beside us if it had! 

Broadfoot immense, Dicker and Findlay very good, but power was amazing today, love that boys attitude, a fantastic little CM.

and what an absolute pleasure being in that away end today, fans were incredible. I only had a short distance to travel, but a massive well done to everyone who had long, probably stressful journeys to undertake. It’s f**kin great to be a killie right now.